PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else finding it a bit of a grind fest and boring?

NocturnalFox-
02-23-2017, 09:42 PM
This game seems like it is grindy as hell and will lose my interest fast.
Like prestige x30 PER CHARACTER just to get the unlockables and another 6 characters on the way...
Then theres the steel and blacksmithing, another micro grind with a severe lack of methods to gain them (2 daily contracts and x5 that refresh every few days and limited quantity on end of match).
And don't even get me started on the blatant cash shop and massively over priced armour sets.

Now aside from having a job and going away for most of the year, I cant see this game keeping my attention when I get back and half the community has moved on and I still have a **** load of monotonous grinding to get stuff.

I thought this game was going to be good, but after prestiging one character then going over to the second (Same faction) and realising I would have to grind everything up again I've lost interest.

Good concept- poorly executed.
Starting to expect release disappointment from Ubi on every game- so much so I have also cancelled my wildlands pre order.
Ubi needs to fix this **** and make games fun again instead of grindy.

Why do you keep shoehorning grinds into things Ubi, why...

Gnarxly
02-23-2017, 09:52 PM
No.
Bye.

AkimuMC
02-23-2017, 09:55 PM
I tend to agree it is grindy, but only when looking at customization options. 15000 steel for the mythic outfit? Per character? Man... I don't even like the outfit, I just wanted the cherry blossom effect... 5000-7000 steel for a new execution? Man, i thought the real world economy was jacked up... These steel prices are worse than gas prices...

Otherwise, I find the game fun. The game play isn't grindy.

damon1085
02-23-2017, 09:57 PM
I thought this game was going to be good, but after prestiging one character then going over to the second (Same faction) and realising I would have to grind everything up again I've lost interest.

Good concept- poorly executed.
Starting to expect release disappointment from Ubi on every game- so much so I have also cancelled my wildlands pre order.
Ubi needs to fix this **** and make games fun again instead of grindy.

Why do you keep shoehorning grinds into things Ubi, why...

I'm kind of in the same boat. I've barely played (haven't bought the game myself, but borrowed it from a buddy for a week), and I see exactly what you mean. I can understand (sort of...) making us grind our way through 1 character, but there really needs to be a way to transfer gear - at least the cosmetics - from class to class. IE, if I've got my Warden to a high level and found this sweet looking helmet, I should be able to transfer that over to something similar for any or all of the other 3 Knight classes.

As for the game's longevity, I can still see the game being fun to play for a long time if you have a group of people to play with. 1-3 friends you can group up with and have a good time, join a guild/clan, or something similar. But for those of us, like you and I, who don't have that available I don't see the enjoyment lasting very long.

As for grinding and micro-transactions being forced upon us... it's another way for Ubi to make money without putting any more effort or quality into the game. It really is amazing to me how the landscape of gaming has changed over the last ~5 years or so. I hate this new ecosystem that has developed where nearly every game is hyped like crazy, put out before it's ready ("we can patch it later..."), and I still end up paying full price for only part of the game. It's ridiculous, and I'm really bummed because I used to love gaming... now it just seems like a money pit that I get little enjoyment out of.

I say boycott them all! Or at least the vast majority of them...

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 10:03 PM
Wow. This is one of the least grind-heavy games of its type. And I say that as a dad with a full time job and other active hobbies.

Just have fun. It's a REALLY fun game.

KnifeInUrNeck
02-24-2017, 12:08 AM
Yep, after getting heroic gear, I was bored so I'm doing the story on realistic. I kinda wish they had a PVP mode with no HUD because it's the best way to play story. Other than that, I guess it's grind a new character. With the same game modes, painful orders, and zero late game content, this game is a bit disappointing. it's essentially the beta with an extra game type and 3 new characters. Am I missing something?

NocturnalFox-
02-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Thing is I like customisation, on the face of it this game has that in droves.
Plus the gameplay is exactly what I hoped a Ryse multiplayer would of been like.

But this level of unlocking stuff is a joke really.

Get to 20, prestige, then do it 20-30 more times.
On each character.
Just to get the full array of customisation.
Insane.

Why aren't the unlockables/cosmetics all tied in to a single prestige system that goes up via your account, can still keep the gear on character prestige.

I mean comparing it to Ryse, its better gameplay, but it does seem to have a lot less items (possibly because more characters) and less tiers of items.

EmeraldCthulhu
02-24-2017, 01:12 PM
It's a multiplayer game, so if you find the gameplay loop boring, nothing can help you. No amount of unlocks or upgrades. If you don't find it fun and cool just to play a match without any rewards, than it mught nit be a game for you.

My fevourite story like this is about me and Overwatch - I heard so many good things about it, so I was super hyped for open beta. I had a free weekend, so I was planing to play it non stop. And then when I played it, I was completely bored of it after like 5 matches. That doesn't really say the game is bad, it just means it was extremly broing for me.

If you are bored with gameplay, it's probably time to look for a new game.

zwaggs33
02-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Not seeing a problem. It's only a grind if you sit and think about it. If you just play the game, you'll get the steel, and then you can buy the stuff you want. If you like the game play should be no problem. If you don't, then I can see it being a grind, but then I'm not really sure why you would want to play.

Peanut-uk
02-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Think you might be missing the point a little bit OP. The point of grinding usually is to get to the level you need or grinding gear to get the equpiment you need to perform the task you want to do.

But the so called grinding here IS the game. If you have fun playing, you naturally level up and gain equipment as you go. It's not a grind, it's a pleasure. Even the higher level gear isn't better, it's just different.

There is no reason you have to level up every character, or even any character. You shouldn't be feeling any pressure to do so at all. Just play the game to enjoy it, and if you're not enjoying it, then maybe this isn't the game for you.

Agent_Coldhands
02-24-2017, 01:23 PM
So far i have 39 hours played and i do enjoy the game p2p issues not included, the rewards are terrible for winning usually you get nothing and im usually in the 2 top players, you get very little steel and even less scraps for upgrading your gear and with the total lack of loot rewards to even scrap it gets worse and worse. It could do with some better rewards or at the very least more loot rewards. I havent payed for that champion status as im not sure if its worth the steel will you even make back that amount of steel ? im not paying for it with cash in this game its all i have made in game.

Peanut-uk
02-24-2017, 01:26 PM
Think you might be missing the point a little bit OP. The point of grinding usually is to get to the level you need or grinding gear to get the equpiment you need to perform the task you want to do.

But the so called grinding here IS the game. If you have fun playing, you naturally level up and gain equipment as you go. It's not a grind, it's a pleasure. Even the higher level gear isn't better, it's just different.

There is no reason you have to level up every character, or even any character. You shouldn't be feeling any pressure to do so at all. Just play the game to enjoy it, and if you're not enjoying it, then maybe this isn't the game for you.

ZeBrutal
02-24-2017, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure I understand this mentality and I see it surprisingly a lot in a variety of games. This isn't "Medieval Costume Design Simulator 2017" or something. The fun in the game comes from playing a wide variety of medieval characters facing off against other medieval characters. Like any competitive multiplayer game it's about each match playing out different from another. Learning new characters and how to fight other characters with that character and etc etc.

The fun in the game comes from it's in depth gameplay. Not from designing emblems, armor and gear scores. Not from grinding all the unlocks just so you can then turn around and say you don't have anything to grind out. That stuff is just an added bonus even if you find it lacking and / or taking too long to unlock. In the near future they will add a ranked mode and that will give people another thing to constantly be working towards; a higher rank. I wonder how many people genuinely bought this game for any reason beyond it's unique gameplay experience. I just don't get it...

Nicademusx
02-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Let me know when you find a game that is not a grind. Every game i have played, for years now, has been a grind for this or grind for that. I'd like to play the game that doesnt have some kind of grinding aspect to it.

damon1085
02-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Let me know when you find a game that is not a grind. Every game i have played, for years now, has been a grind for this or grind for that. I'd like to play the game that doesnt have some kind of grinding aspect to it.

Heavy Rain. No grind at all, and it's one of the most enjoyable games I've played in the last decade. However it is a completely different style from any multiplayer/competition game that I imagine most people on this forum love.

As for the rest of you saying enjoy the game for what it is and stop complaining at the lack of customization... you have a point, and for the most part I do enjoy the gameplay - ignoring the obvious connection issues. But at some level it's still frustrating. One of the things Ubi touted about the game was the massive amount of customization - mostly cosmetic. If it is only cosmetic, and many of the people enjoy doing it (myself included, and I'm not usually the type to get into cosmetic changes to a game/character), why is it so damn hard to get decent looking stuff? It's frustrating.

In my case, this is compounded - probably unfairly - because I went through "the grind" in closed beta, did it again in open beta, and now I'm doing it for a 3rd time. It's rather frustrating. If it really doesn't affect the gameplay, and just changes your look, I see no reason you couldn't link the gear/cosmetics (especially emblems, engravings, and color schemes) to an account rather than a character.

DeLatv
02-24-2017, 03:44 PM
Its a fighting game not an mmo...

chiller2k3
02-24-2017, 03:58 PM
Heavy Rain. No grind at all, and it's one of the most enjoyable games I've played in the last decade. However it is a completely different style from any multiplayer/competition game that I imagine most people on this forum love.

As for the rest of you saying enjoy the game for what it is and stop complaining at the lack of customization... you have a point, and for the most part I do enjoy the gameplay - ignoring the obvious connection issues. But at some level it's still frustrating. One of the things Ubi touted about the game was the massive amount of customization - mostly cosmetic. If it is only cosmetic, and many of the people enjoy doing it (myself included, and I'm not usually the type to get into cosmetic changes to a game/character), why is it so damn hard to get decent looking stuff? It's frustrating.

In my case, this is compounded - probably unfairly - because I went through "the grind" in closed beta, did it again in open beta, and now I'm doing it for a 3rd time. It's rather frustrating. If it really doesn't affect the gameplay, and just changes your look, I see no reason you couldn't link the gear/cosmetics (especially emblems, engravings, and color schemes) to an account rather than a character.

It's about value of the gear!!
If everybody would have this extra pollished golden gear, I would not even mind it. It's about seeing that 1 guy after 1000 Matches that has that rare gear/look and you are like "WOW, this guy has the *add any heroic gear name here*".
Or even you are the guy that has this rare weapon, and be the only one out of 10 000 player haveing it.
That's why gear has to be "grinded".

For me, I just play the game because I like the skilled fights, the rest comes together by it's own!

Agent Talon
02-24-2017, 03:58 PM
I tend to agree it is grindy, but only when looking at customization options. 15000 steel for the mythic outfit? Per character? Man... I don't even like the outfit, I just wanted the cherry blossom effect... 5000-7000 steel for a new execution? Man, i thought the real world economy was jacked up... These steel prices are worse than gas prices...

I agree with you. The general leveling and gear is pretty standard grind for a AAA title these days. However, those outfits are insane, it's easier to get a golden weapon in OW than it is to grind out an Mythic outfit in FH.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-24-2017, 05:04 PM
I see a lot of people that complain about the grind for the steel and I just don't understand it.

Background: I'll use myself as a sample. I work 40-60 hours a week. I'm married have two adult children whom I play other games with.
Premise: It's not as hard as you'd think to get steel

Substantiation: I wanted the 7000 steel execution for my Nobushi. I scrimped and saved money for it and finally bought it. After buying it I thought man, I'm going to have no money for gear upgraded for a while. I was wrong. Here is why.

Every daily order you complete gives you 300 steel per order. (600)
Every 48 hour order gives you roughly 100 to 150 and sometimes a full 300 depending on what it is. (600)

This means that every two days you should be able to make about 2400 (24 hour (2) + 24 hour (2)+ 48 (6) hour) steel if you complete all the orders. That means that in any given week if you play enough to complete all 10 orders every two days for 6 days straight you'll have made about 7500 steel. So basically, if you complete the orders they have in the game in two weeks you should be able to effectively buy the most expensive item in the steel store every two weeks.

If that's not something you're looking for then you would be able to buy 30 gear upgrades every two weeks. Two 7000 steel executions every two weeks... you get the idea. I'd also like to point out that I didn't include any of the winnings from the game modes that you play. 10-15 from duel, 20-30 from Brawl and 100-200 from the 4v4 matches.

Summary: The game is a bit of a grind to get things and I'm okay with that. There is a fine line between having everything you want so quickly you become bored with the game and having to work so hard to get everything you want that the game also gets boring. I find that playing the game like I do I usually earn about 5000 steel a week, which means it's going to take me a bit longer to get to things that those players who really pour themselves into the game.

I don't think that two to three weeks is that much to ask someone to put into the game to get the top item, even if it is cosmetic, in the game.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-24-2017, 05:10 PM
I find it interesting that you say you get scraps from winning. For clarity the only character I've played so far through the game is the Nobushi. She's just hit Reuptation 3 this morning. I just bought the 7000 execution, then finished unlocking the customization on the remaining characters that I hadn't bought (2000 steel) and bought a gear upgrade this morning (500 steel). I have about 2000 Samurai resources, and had a good amount of steel until I put a solid chunk down on what I believe to be the 2nd most expensive thing in the game minus the 15,000 steel items.

Every upgrade takes about 100 so far to move up a rank. Some take 200 as I get higher and higher. That's 10 upgrades for my gear. I'd say that seems like a pretty decent amount considering I've upgraded other gear already.

So far i have 39 hours played and i do enjoy the game p2p issues not included, the rewards are terrible for winning usually you get nothing and im usually in the 2 top players, you get very little steel and even less scraps for upgrading your gear and with the total lack of loot rewards to even scrap it gets worse and worse. It could do with some better rewards or at the very least more loot rewards. I havent payed for that champion status as im not sure if its worth the steel will you even make back that amount of steel ? im not paying for it with cash in this game its all i have made in game.

damon1085
02-24-2017, 06:19 PM
This means that every two days you should be able to make about 2400 (24 hour (2) + 24 hour (2)+ 48 (6) hour) steel if you complete all the orders. That means that in any given week if you play enough to complete all 10 orders every two days for 6 days straight...

I don't know what kind of wife, kids, and job you have, but I don't know how you find time to play that much. I have a full time job, a live-in girlfriend, and no kids and I'm lucky if I can find 15 hours per week for gaming. So what you laid out here proves my point. If I want to collect that 7000 steel to get 1 new execution, it's going to take me at least a few weeks to do so. Then because I don't like playing the same character for every match all the time I want to do this a few more times, and all of a sudden I'm looking at playing this game for several months just to get a couple of 'cosmetic' things that I want to have because they look cool.

That is a damn frustrating thought about this game to me. Ultimately, it doesn't really affect the gameplay so it really isn't a big deal, but it's still annoying. And part of the point of having forums is for people to voice their opinions. Both positive and negative, so that's what we're doing here.

damon1085
02-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Poor excuse to be honest, at least if we are talking Daily Orders.
Most of them can be completed in a single match.
You need an hour or 2 a day at most.
Now if you don't have that tiny amount of spare time, you can hardly blame the game for your lack of progress, can you?
What do you actually expect? Handouts? Freebies?
You don't have to play the game but you still get whatever you want, even prestige items?
Get outta here.

Completely disagree with you here. Some of the dailies can be done in 1 match... but not most of them. The ones that are "complete 3 matches in this format" or the ones that are "kill 300 peons in Dominion mode" take much longer. The only orders I've seen which take 1 are "win 1 duel in pvp mode," which is fine but it's somewhat rare... at least from what I've seen. I would say that yes I need ~2 hours a night to complete 'all' the orders. This is time that I do not have every night. And usually it isn't 2 consecutive hours. It's 20 minutes here, 30 there. That makes it more difficult. Is this the games fault? No. Can I still complain about not having cosmetic customization that they promised? Yes.

As for what I want... frankly yes, I would like more options and freebies when it comes to the cosmetics. 4 color pallets to choose from in a game that claims to have "tons of customization" options? That's ********. Hell, at the very least let me mix and match my own colors on the uniforms like they do for the emblems with at least half of those colors as options. No I don't expect to have the prestige items and gear, and if you read what I wrote you may notice that I did not mention gear (at least in the later posts... I may have in my first post). But yes I do expect to have ~half of the cosmetics available from the get go. They gave us maybe 10%.

Lastly... this is rapidly degenerating into a "you disagree with me, therefore your opinion is meaningless" conversation. So I am done. I've said my peace, and anyone else who cares to do so can keep ranting and raving. Good day all.

spawn10459
02-24-2017, 07:58 PM
Is COD a grind fest? yes.
Is every game a grind fest? yes
This game is some what competitive. More so than COD.

r0u9hneck
02-24-2017, 08:03 PM
The games only been out just over a week and you've prestiged one character, now you're worried about it being a grind?
I used to play games where it took 6 months to get one character to max level with decent gear. ONE character.
To me you've got 12 distinct characters, you can Prestige 1 each of them in a week or less, that's 12 weeks / 3 months of pretty varied play.
And then DLC on the way.
Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.
I don't think theres any reason to go to 30 Prestige though, that's just for fluff, you have all your feats and many many options at 1.
Also, if you're Prestiging another character from the same Faction, you don't even need to grind for Salvage again, they share the pool.
I've already got 2 prestiged characters and a 3rd one on the way, all in blue gear.
The game came out last Tuesday.
As 'grinds' go that is pretty damn quick.

It took me like 2-3 days (with a max of 4-5h a day) to get a character to prest 1. To be honest, that's not really that long.

r0u9hneck
02-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Okay a couple of things
a) are you saying you can't complete 3 matches?
b) 300 soldiers can be done in 3 matches

These are my daily Orders today:
1. Win 1 Dominion match P vs P
2. Complete 2 Dominion matches P vs AI

That's 30 - 60 minutes work max.

I'm sorry but I think you're pathetic if you expect compensation from the game because you only have 15 minutes to play.
LOL, I can't believe I just typed that sentence to be honest.
Damn entitlement is such a plague these days.
I mean I feel sorry for you and all, shame you can't play when and for how long you want, but to believe you can complain about not getting all the content that requires some work?
Does your girlfriend spoon feed you too? :D
Man up dude, seriously.

I don't think it's about getting freebies, really. If I understand the op correctly, it's about the game featuring "hundreds of customizations", yet there aren't really that many and they require you to prest high enough. Having a bigger variety of items is something I'd like too, though I have quite some time to play at the moment. It's like 2-3 different items per slot / per prestige.

Icetower
02-24-2017, 08:39 PM
the games only been out just over a week and you've prestiged one character, now you're worried about it being a grind?
I used to play games where it took 6 months to get one character to max level with decent gear. One character.
To me you've got 12 distinct characters, you can prestige 1 each of them in a week or less, that's 12 weeks / 3 months of pretty varied play.
And then dlc on the way.
Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me.
I don't think theres any reason to go to 30 prestige though, that's just for fluff, you have all your feats and many many options at 1.
Also, if you're prestiging another character from the same faction, you don't even need to grind for salvage again, they share the pool.
I've already got 2 prestiged characters and a 3rd one on the way, all in blue gear.
The game came out last tuesday.
As 'grinds' go that is pretty damn quick.

same.

damon1085
02-24-2017, 10:42 PM
I mean I feel sorry for you and all, shame you can't play when and for how long you want, but to believe you can complain about not getting all the content that requires some work?
Does your girlfriend spoon feed you too? :D
Man up dude, seriously.

Ok I lied, I'm not quite gone yet... just wanted to point out that as I said, we have reached a point where we can no longer be civil simply because we have a difference of opinion.
And for the record, no I absolutely cannot count on having 30-60 minutes every day to play a game.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-24-2017, 11:01 PM
So 15 hours a week means you're playing 2 or less hours a day basically. I'm not going to break down your schedule so I'll use min

I am awake about 18 hours a day. Of those 18 hours a day I work 8-10 hours. That leaves me 8 hours Monday through Friday to play on the game. I don't spend all 8 of those hours on there as I have other crap to do, but I don't think that a couple of hours a day is out of the question. On a Saturday or Sunday I don't think it's too crazy to say that you could play as many as 8 hours in a weekend.

So 2 hours 5 days a week is 10. 8 Hours on a weekend is 18. I usually play for about an hour or so before I leave for work and a couple hours at night before I head to bed. On the weekends I might only play an hour or two or maybe 5 or 6. Just depends on what we're doing.

I don't know what kind of wife, kids, and job you have, but I don't know how you find time to play that much. I have a full time job, a live-in girlfriend, and no kids and I'm lucky if I can find 15 hours per week for gaming.

I'm not saying it's fast or can be done quickly. But your two dailies can be done every day in the time you've allotted. That's 600 per day. 3200 per week. 5 Weeks for a 15,000 item and 3 weeks for a 7000 execution.

So what you laid out here proves my point. If I want to collect that 7000 steel to get 1 new execution, it's going to take me at least a few weeks to do so.

This is a personal decision. That's a you problem. No one is forcing you to play multiple characters. You're entitled to do so, as you pay for your game, your television, electricity and your internet. What you're not grasping is that you've made that decision and by doing so you've exponentially increased your time to get "good" items and you're "frustrated" with how long it takes to get items for your character. Well you've applied that timeline. Not the game. So you're assessing the blame in the wrong direction.

Then because I don't like playing the same character for every match all the time I want to do this a few more times, and all of a sudden I'm looking at playing this game for several months just to get a couple of 'cosmetic' things that I want to have because they look cool.

So what game do you play where you can share the gear amongst the characters on your entire account? I've played Neverwinter, Smite, Division, TitanFall, Titan Fall 2, StarWars Battle Front, World of Warcraft and other games along that line and none of them share your gear amongst your leveled up items. Be it weapons or characters. Each player gets gear based on the characters progression. It's not something that's new and I guess I just don't understand why people are frustrated? You level up pretty damned quickly to be honest.

That is a damn frustrating thought about this game to me.

I'm not telling you that you can't have an opinion. I just think your opinion is myopic and off center. Just like you're entitled to your opinion about how annoying it is that you play 12 different characters and you can't seem to get anything good, I have every right to tell you to stop dividing your already small amount of play time amongst 12 characters and focus on one.

Ultimately, it doesn't really affect the gameplay so it really isn't a big deal, but it's still annoying. And part of the point of having forums is for people to voice their opinions. Both positive and negative, so that's what we're doing here.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-24-2017, 11:05 PM
So If I have this correctly. You don't have a lot of time to play but you feel like you should be able to get the cool gear just like those people that were grinding their gear? They have an option to solve that too. Buy some steel and get the gear.

If you don't have time to play, and you don't have the money to buy steel. How exactly do you believe that you're going to get that "high end" gear exactly then?

Ok I lied, I'm not quite gone yet... just wanted to point out that as I said, we have reached a point where we can no longer be civil simply because we have a difference of opinion.
And for the record, no I absolutely cannot count on having 30-60 minutes every day to play a game.

NocturnalFox-
02-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Grinds used to be MMO's.
Now its spread here.
And yea I kind of have to grind.

I want the red and yellow pallet- which is like prestige 20-24.

You cant tout customisation then lock a fair chunk of it behind grinding in what is effectively an action game, now I don't know how anyone can plough hours a day into one game and not get bored.
That is the fastest way for me to avoid a game because its draining.

My "enjoyment" is customisation, its the biggest selling point for me buying games.
I don't like it when I think i've been cheated.

I honestly believe this game will be dead soon, because of both the prestige and resource grind which is clearly aimed at people buying their gold.

And I bet its nice when you work a 9-5, my job literally means I go away 24/7, come back weeks or months later and still looking at the long end of a grind.
I tend to avoid MP games now because of this and I went out and gave this one a chance, you cant even play this on SP without an active connection.

pancakerz
02-25-2017, 11:18 PM
I just want to put in my 2cents and say I haven't found it to be a grind at all.

You get a large amount of steel and item boxes just from playing the campaign mode/tutorials. And the game itself is just fun and satisfying to play (in my opinion). Not to mention that the only actual expensive things are the aesthetic customization options. Scavenging and character recruitment costs like 500 steel. So the things that actually affect gameplay are incredibly cheap.

I personally am perfectly okay with aesthetic customization options being expensive, because it shows that a person has put a lot of time and effort into making their character unique and interesting. And if you have more money than time, you can always buy steel, but I haven't felt the need to do that at all. (honestly, this game blows Gears 4 out of the water, that game was an abomination of microtransactions).

And if anyone thinks that this game is a grindfest, and that "old games never used to be grindy," I would invite you to play Tony Hawks Pro Skater on the playstation 1, and see how long it takes you to max out every character. without cheat codes of course.

edit: I also did want to mention that I generally play as Orochi and recently got to rep 1, but maintain a low item level (I think it's currently 9) just to make things interesting. And yet I still win a respectable number duels (in elimination game mode) against people with blue/purple item levels. So even the items that DO affect gameplay...don't really affect gameplay that much.

Snow901
02-25-2017, 11:55 PM
Yep, after getting heroic gear, I was bored so I'm doing the story on realistic. I kinda wish they had a PVP mode with no HUD because it's the best way to play story. Other than that, I guess it's grind a new character. With the same game modes, painful orders, and zero late game content, this game is a bit disappointing. it's essentially the beta with an extra game type and 3 new characters. Am I missing something?

You can turn off the HUD and play like in realistic on any mode in PVP through the options. Although, I think it's a bad idea if you plan to play 4v4's because the camera zoom takes becomes so far away at times that you really can't see when someone is starting to swing without the help of the indiciators. In 1v1's though, it should be fine.

As for grinding, the only reason to do the orders is to get the XP bonus which will help you get a character to rep 3 faster where you will be able to buy lootboxes for the best possible gear which makes a strong difference in the 4v4 modes where gear stats are enabled. Otherwise, you can grind daily for the steel which can be used for cosmetic effects like executions or emotes - which usually look cooler than the default ones that a class has. For me, I am already a bit tired of doing orders because its for modes I don't really have that much interest in: elimination, dominion, and Player vs AI stuff... I'd say just ignore doing the orders if it really starts to feel like a grind and play the modes with gear stats off if you are trying a new character. At least the base values for each character stats feel reasonably balanced when gear is not enabled.