PDA

View Full Version : Revive after getting executed?

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 08:39 PM
At the start of the game everyone mysteriously disconnected, but one opponent and me. Okay, whatever. I blamed it on potato2potato infrastructure. Then I started lagging even though I usually don't lag. All people who joined the match in progress immediately left. I got suspicious, but my opponent wasn't that good despite being apparently full epic geared judging from his revenge usage and damage, so I was pretty confident I could still win the game. I managed to kill him during sudden death on both teams and even executed him. The next moment he revives, like nothing ever happened and his decapitated body lying next to his feet just serves some decorative purpose. Then he pops revenge and kills me. We lose. What gives? As far as I know Kensei doesn't have any ability that allows him to revive himself.

Shame I didn't record it since recording is a real drain on my system and results in almost unplayable FPS, but honestly I didn't expect him to cheat himself to life anyway. Way to go Ubisoft. P2P for the win!

Has anyone else encountered somthing like this? I saw once a Warlord resurrect himself - on my team. I reported him, of course but that was some shady stuff.

Drekle
02-23-2017, 08:41 PM
At the start of the game everyone mysteriously disconnected, but one opponent and me. Okay, whatever. I blamed it on potato2potato infrastructure. Then I started lagging even though I usually don't lag. All people who joined the match in progress immediately left. I got suspicious, but my opponent wasn't that good despite being apparently full epic geared judging from his revenge usage and damage, so I was pretty confident I could still win the game. I managed to kill him during sudden death on both teams and even executed him. The next moment he revives, like nothing ever happened and his decapitated body lying next to his feet just serves some decorative purpose. Then he pops revenge and kills me. We lose. What gives? As far as I know Kensei doesn't have any ability that allows him to revive himself.

Shame I didn't record it since recording is a real drain on my system and results in almost unplayable FPS, but honestly I didn't expect him to cheat himself to life anyway. Way to go Ubisoft. P2P for the win!

Has anyone else encountered somthing like this? I saw once a Warlord resurrect himself - on my team. I reported him, of course but that was some shady stuff.

First, Warlord has a level 4 feat to resurrect himself after he dies.

I have seen this game "Go Back In Time" after synchronizing yes. Consider this part of the For Honor P2P implementation where "No player will have an advantage".

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 08:54 PM
First, Warlord has a level 4 feat to resurrect himself after he dies.

I have seen this game "Go Back In Time" after synchronizing yes. Consider this part of the For Honor P2P implementation where "No player will have an advantage".

Yeah, but Kensei doesn't have that ability. And I doubt Warlord can resurrect himself after being executed. There was no "synchronizing" either. He just self-ressurected. How? I don't know. I think he cheated.

Seriously, I'm this close to just quitting this ridiculous POS game altogether.

Salt_Fist
02-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Yeah heavy disconnect do a lot of strange things especially if multiple people disconnect at once. You ever had the game freeze on you but you get to still free roam? pick up some pretty good b roll

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Yeah heavy disconnect do a lot of strange things especially if multiple people disconnect at once. You ever had the game freeze on you but you get to still free roam? pick up some pretty good b roll

Once I had 3 rollbacks in a close 1v1 in Dominion match. I killed him 2 times, then he killed me in the last rollback. Fun times.

I haven't had the freeze+roam yet, but 3 times I spawned apparently inside a bot and couldn't move the entire match.

Not sure what was going on in the match with the Kensei, but he had all abilities unlocked from the get go, everybody else disconnected and nobody could connect to the game and he self-ressurected after an execution with no error message or connection synchronizing notification. I'm sure he cheated.

The only thing I experienced that came close to this was the Warlord, who apparently ressurected legitimately and a Warden in the beta, who got hit by me, animation and all and then the game rewound a second, he regained his health and blocked thanks to the magical powers of Captain Hindsight, but kept the visible damage on his character model. He was bad, but his latency was apparently horrible.

This Kensei had green latency and I only had minor hickups, so I don't think it was lag.