PDA

View Full Version : First two new Classes

TatoRezo
02-23-2017, 08:27 PM
Hey so how are you feeling about the Centurion and Ninja Classes that are first to come out

PackingMoney
02-23-2017, 08:45 PM
Centurion: I'm excited but worried he won't have a scutum. This seriously should be the first class that actually deals damage with his shield and uses it as a primary weapon while using the gladius as a secondary, sort of like the Peacekeeper's dagger. Also, they better change the Warlord's weapon from gladius to a viking sword because it's not a gladius, lol, and the Centurion looks like it's going to actually have one.

Ninja: Pretty excited. I was annoyed that they had a fat guy with a club but no ninja, like wtf. Orochi is alright, but he's more of an agile samurai than a ninja. Orochi is a weird hybrid. The new, "true" ninja is going to be nice. I really, really, REALLY hope/wish they will give the dual kamas a chain. Having a ninja with chained kamas would not only be cool but make for a very unique and interesting moveset that has both close and long ranged attacks. Like, seriously, I'm pretty sure he's going to just have berserker-like attacks when he could really be way more. Plus, the chain kamas are a very specialized weapon and aren't very easy to use, but in a fantasy game they're perfect and fit right in.

Are Kamas like Nunchaku? If not then I think some sort of bladed Nunchaku could be cool, would make for some very interesting combos.

Delectable_Sin
02-23-2017, 08:48 PM
Wow! This is confirmed? Yeah, I'm super excited!

TatoRezo
02-23-2017, 08:58 PM
Are Kamas like Nunchaku? If not then I think some sort of bladed Nunchaku could be cool, would make for some very interesting combos.

Ninja is holding a kusarigama which is like a sickle on a stick but has a chain with a ball attached to it. so its a very unique weapon

TatoRezo
02-23-2017, 09:01 PM
Centurion: I'm excited but worried he won't have a scutum. This seriously should be the first class that actually deals damage with his shield and uses it as a primary weapon while using the gladius as a secondary, sort of like the Peacekeeper's dagger. Also, they better change the Warlord's weapon from gladius to a viking sword because it's not a gladius, lol, and the Centurion looks like it's going to actually have one.

Which sword? I only saw him holding a spatha

TatoRezo
02-23-2017, 09:20 PM
No he isn't. Is he? Show me your picture because we're clearly seeing different images! Oh god how I want you to be right because that would be excellent.

Ugh.. I was searchign for the pic but found a new one where the ninja is actually closer and more visible than the centurion :/ and he is holidng two kamas darn it. The pic I had seen showed his other hand having smth else.

Also about the spatha/gladius I meant in game, warlord has something resembling to a spatha. Havnt seen the pic with gladius tho.

http://prntscr.com/eck9hs
http://prntscr.com/eck9hs

The4ngryLem0n
02-23-2017, 09:26 PM

Kama are sickles essentially. They're like scythes but with a handle short enough that it can be used with only one hand and a blade of equal proportion. If the kama has a chain it's likely a kasurigama, kama linked via long chain to a metal ball, which is essentially an anti-armor bludgeoning weapon. Swing the ball like a flail to batter enemies and damage armor, use the chain for grappling, and use the kama for close encounters and jam the blade in the weak spots. That being said, it looks like he is dual-wielding kamas. I don't see a chain.

I'm actually not particularly fond of this. Orochi are more historically accurate ninjas. Yeah, For Honor has departed accuracy to some degree (Raider, gladius with the warlord) but it's still more grounded than other hack'n slash titles. So I hope that we don't see the black-clad ninja.

And what faction are they going to put a centurion in? He would just stand out too much and new factions would break the story.

I guess something to add is what they are is not confirmed, This was somethign being speculated by the two forwardmost shadows on the season pass cover.

Fuqbois
02-23-2017, 09:44 PM
I think they will add "all" historical and mythical warriors, seems in the lore some civilizations were transported to this world or something like that, the knights, the vikings and samurai, but probably other factions were too, thats how they are going to implement them, they said they will add new maps expanding the game, its probably unknow territories for the 3 main factions that contain other civilizations.

And i'm happy about the Roman, but i want him using scutum too. And i wish they someday add a Spartan, a Valk with a big shield.

Duckbit
02-23-2017, 10:16 PM
No it's not confirmed.
Wow! This is confirmed? Yeah, I'm super excited!

X.Openf1re
02-24-2017, 02:59 AM
sweet cant wait for the 2 new heros game may be worth playing again for a few weeks to a month.