PDA

View Full Version : M&KB blocking problems

Neenufewnfue
02-23-2017, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know how to effectively block with the mouse and keyboard? Sometimes when I move my mouse to the right or left it won't move at all or it will move into the top stance, and it's definitely getting me killed more often than not. Any help would be appreciated, whether it's something in the in-game settings, mouse settings or something to do with your hand movements. I've also heard that it could be because there is no dead zone, where the mouse can reset which is something controllers with analogue sticks have, so that could be the problem.

Also, please don't suggest playing with a controller, as I have tried using one before for this game and realized I am far more comfortable and competent using a mouse and keyboard.

Fuzzybutts
02-23-2017, 08:40 PM
Some of us have gotten around this by setting block directions to be the same as movement keys, set your mouse sensativity to 0 as well. It takes a while to get used to but is far more responsive. Let the keys overlap one another as well, and be aware you can still use the mouse itself to change guard in an emergency if you must.

Neenufewnfue
02-23-2017, 08:59 PM
Some of us have gotten around this by setting block directions to be the same as movement keys, set your mouse sensativity to 0 as well. It takes a while to get used to but is far more responsive. Let the keys overlap one another as well, and be aware you can still use the mouse itself to change guard in an emergency if you must.

I imagine I will accidentally move my mouse whilst trying to block with movement keys, but I will give it a try. As you said, I will probably just have to get used to it. Anyway, thanks for the help!