PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 tournament

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Tournament Format
Game Mode: 1v1 Duel
Single Elimination Bracket
Best of 3 Games (1 Game = Best of 5 rounds)

Brackets
http://challonge.com/forhonorbrackets

Tournament is 2/26/17! sunday!
Map
Random map for each match played. The random map button is located at the bottom right of the map selection screen.
Overwatch, Tower Ruin, Sanctuary Bridge, and Forest are globally banned. Press random map again to re-roll. It was deemed that Parry > Guard Break > Throw > Environmental Kill was a far too powerful strategy on multiple areas of these maps.
Plenty of ledges, spikes, bonfires, and now lava rivers are still in the legal map pool.

Rules
Round Timer: 3 Minutes
Number of rounds: 5
Auto Add Bots - Disabled
Gear stats - Off
Renown - Feats disabled
Options
Revenge Disabled

Ties
In the event of a tie (both players are 2-2 ect) a Best of 1 Round will be played on The Shard to decide the match.
At the moment for Ubisoft rules, and for this tournament, timing out the match ends in a tie regardless of health totals. If kiting and running away becomes a problem we may change it to the higher health total winning the round but we believe high level players should be able to catch a cowardly player in the enclosed 1v1 map variants.

Check In
All players are required to check in at the start of the tournament to confirm you still wish to compete. Check in will be on discord if you do not have discord message fap-erman or fap-pullsout on ubi. Check in starts at 2:00 PM central and will end at match start time.
If your opponent has not shown up 10 minutes after the match start time, we ask players to inform an admin in the #no-shows channel on the tournament Discord.

Lobbies and Hosting
The player from the top side of the bracket is responsible for creating the lobby, inviting their opponent, and selecting the correct match settings. This may give seeded players a slight advantage and some 'protection' against high latency players. Testing needs to be done before this is confirmed. If both players agree, then either player can create the lobby. If both players are having issues inviting each other, restart both game clients and try again. If you are still having connection problems inform an admin in the suitable channel on the tournament Discord and we can attempt to create a lobby for you.
If both players still cannot connect to each other we may have to ask a player to forteit the match.

Disconnects
Games will be restarted with the current score if a player disconnects. Inform an admin in the #questions-disputes channel of the restart and game/round scores at the time of the disconnect. If the round score was 2-1 then create a new game on the same map and defeat each other for free until the score is reset. Repeated disconnects may result in a forfeit.
In the case of a disconnect we recommend that you quickly take a screenshot of the current score in the case of a dispute. If both players cannot come to an agreement on the restart score and there is no screenshot proof it is possible that both players will be disqualified.

My stream: https://www.twitch.tv/pulls_out

REDDIT- https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5vsyst/for_honor_1v1_tournament_this_sunday/

EDIT THIS WILL BE FOR PC ONLY!
This is who all registered so far updated 2/25/17
PapaEfilon
implink
Ujir0
Espardeh
FAP-Erman
stonehead81
Azure Satan
FAP-SnoZzy
RIP-Kristos
xPizzaBox

PRIZE 20$
THIS IS MY OWN MONEY ONCE THIS GETS BIGGER I WILL ADD BIGGER PRIZE POOL! OR MAYBE HAVE A ENTRY FEE FOR IT WHICH WOULD BE SMALL!

TO SIGN UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT LOG ON TO OUR DISCORD AND TYPE IN YOUR U-PLAY NAME IN FOR HONOR TEXT CHANNEL OR POST YOUR UBISOFT NAME IN HERE AND I WILL ADD YOU IN I WILL BE ADDING EVERYONE SUNDAY RIGHT BEFORE MATCHES. ALSO IT WILL BE HOSTED AT 3 P:M CENTRAL

If anyone would prefer to sign up for this tournament without the use of Discord, please feel free to send an email with the title "Sign-up", and then include your Uplay account name in the body of the email.
Email applications should be sent to forhonorbrackets@gmail.com

Admins and Mods
All participants must adhere to the decisions and rules of the tournament organizers, admins, and mods. All decisions are final. Mods can disqualify or ban players at any time for being disruptive to the tournament or in Discord.
Tournament Organizers respectively are (in no specific order):
FAP-PullsOut
FAP-Erman
FAP-JPF

DISCORD - https://discord.gg/yMfq8CZ

RULES
1.NO REVENGE
2.NO GEAR
3.ALL FIGHTS WILL BE STREAMED BY ME
4.SINGLE ELIM
5.BEST OF 5 ROUNDS
6.ROUND TIMER 3 MIN (SO WE DONT HAVE SUPER PASSIVE FIGHTS)
7.WILL BE USING http://challonge.com/
8.Random Map (Overwatch, Tower Ruin, Sanctuary Bridge, and Forest Are Global Banned)

If we have more than 30 players i will require a screenshot as i cannot stream every fight it would take to long so i would make u send screen shot of winning vs that so player. Please be adults about this thanks!

TatoRezo
02-23-2017, 08:02 PM
Where do I sign up?

Gensui.Musashi
02-23-2017, 08:05 PM
the winner will be the player who abuse p2p the most

Juleslives
02-23-2017, 08:08 PM
What system?

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 08:11 PM
there would be no gearscore and no revenge

Drekle
02-23-2017, 08:25 PM
there would be no gearscore and no revenge

People honestly don't know how to deal with revenge? Just dodge backwards a bit? Already gay.

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 08:37 PM
People honestly don't know how to deal with revenge? Just dodge backwards a bit? Already gay.

i feel as if people will be super passive if i have revenge on. i dont want it to take forever to get through this.

Edit: Also this would be the first one i hosted and hope to do it every weekend!

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 09:11 PM
Bum*

I added discord and some rules i will finalize soon!

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 09:24 PM
I would like some input on the rules as this is the first tournament!

Zv1k0
02-23-2017, 09:45 PM
What system?

?

Ps to mods...MAKE THIS FCKING IMAGE VERIFICATION MORE VISIBLE OR FCKING REMOVE IT....WE ARE HUMANSSSSSSSS

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 09:47 PM
?

Ps to mods...MAKE THIS FCKING IMAGE VERIFICATION MORE VISIBLE OR FCKING REMOVE IT....WE ARE HUMANSSSSSSSS

i agree with u its so small lol!

e.Key
02-23-2017, 09:54 PM
There is already the for glory 1v1 tournament on sunday, so i would do it on saturday or so, but hey it's your tournament.
On what platform will it be played? PC, XBOX or PS4?

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 09:58 PM
There is already the for glory 1v1 tournament on sunday, so i would do it on saturday or so, but hey it's your tournament.
On what platform will it be played? PC, XBOX or PS4?

would be for pc ill update in post and i didnt know there was a for glory tourny on sunday i dont see it on any post on forums?

e.Key
02-23-2017, 10:04 PM
You can see it on the sidebar of this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 10:19 PM
You can see it on the sidebar of this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/

thanks i still want to do a community one for fun i tihnk people would love it! and its no entry fee!

e.Key
02-23-2017, 10:23 PM
More tournaments are always good :D

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 10:44 PM
More tournaments are always good :D

yes im excited hope ppl sign up even if its only 10 or 20

BittyTingo
02-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Count me in.

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 11:06 PM
Count me in.

please make sure u riegister in our discord so i know how many im making brackets!

FAP-PullsOut
02-23-2017, 11:46 PM
Bump!

FAP-PullsOut
02-24-2017, 12:41 AM
bump^^^^

UbiNoty
02-24-2017, 12:50 AM
While I'm super stoked for your tournament and love that you're willing to invest your own time, money and effort into it. Please no bumping. :D
If you'd like to generate more interest feel free to post things like updates to numbers of registrants, updates to the prize pool, or more tournament details. Good luck all and have fun!

FAP-JPF
02-24-2017, 01:01 AM
I LOVE THIS IDEA, CANT WAIT TO FIND MORE PEOPLE TO FIGHT!!!!:eek:

FAP-Erman
02-24-2017, 01:05 AM
If anyone would prefer to sign up for this tournament without the use of Discord, please feel free to send an email with the title "Sign-up", and then include your Uplay account name in the body of the email.

FAP-PullsOut
02-24-2017, 01:25 AM
Added in some in detail notes on rules will be adding more once i get the admins locked in for this thank you all for input and joining!

FAP-Erman
02-24-2017, 01:57 AM
It is also possible with enough feedback that rules can be changed for either this tournament or future tournaments. Ideally we would be able to follow a game battles style matching where Player 1 chooses the rules they want, and makes a listing, and then waits for a Player 2 that finds their rule selection suitable. That way people who believe they should be able to revenge in 1v1 can have it their way.

FAP-PullsOut
02-24-2017, 05:21 AM
Stilling looking for more players please get in contact with us asap so we know aproxx how many we got going into it thanks!

FAP-JPF
02-24-2017, 06:20 AM
TO SIGN UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT LOG ON TO OUR DISCORD AND TYPE IN YOUR U-PLAY NAME IN FOR HONOR TEXT CHANNEL OR POST YOUR UBISOFT NAME IN HERE AND I WILL ADD YOU IN I WILL BE ADDING EVERYONE SUNDAY RIGHT BEFORE MATCHES. ALSO IT WILL BE HOSTED AT 3 P:M CENTRAL

FAP-PullsOut
02-24-2017, 09:06 AM
Got a few more signed up hope we get more and rules are set in stone now got some feedback from other players can't wait till sunday!

TatoRezo
02-24-2017, 09:55 AM
So some questions and few suggestions.

When is the tournament itself? I got the check in but cant see the date/day?

It says in the rules that if someone dc-s they will resume according to rounds. But what if the person had 20% hp and I had 95%, if he will dc will we start over from 100%? If so its unfair imo.

Add a rule about changing characters. Basically the one who has lost a game may change the character but the one who hasn't can't.

My understanding is that only the winnder gets the prize right? if so single elimination is good. But still if we arent more than 8 for example lets make it double so it lasts longer and stuff.

What about NAT/ P2P cheats?

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 01:19 AM
So some questions and few suggestions.

When is the tournament itself? I got the check in but cant see the date/day?

It says in the rules that if someone dc-s they will resume according to rounds. But what if the person had 20% hp and I had 95%, if he will dc will we start over from 100%? If so its unfair imo.

Add a rule about changing characters. Basically the one who has lost a game may change the character but the one who hasn't can't.

My understanding is that only the winnder gets the prize right? if so single elimination is good. But still if we arent more than 8 for example lets make it double so it lasts longer and stuff.

What about NAT/ P2P cheats?

it is sundat 2/26/17 and in result of someone having less hp than the other ther eis no way determining that in match if no admin is there. so a result of the roudn starting over there is no way around it. and changing character? Its a single elim best out of 5 you cannot change character mid match and if there isnt more than 10 ppl yes i would be fine doing a double elim!

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 05:59 AM
Tournament is sunday 2/26/17! This coming sunday!

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 11:07 AM
So far i have

PapaEfilon
implink
Ujir0
Espardeh
FAP-Erman
stonehead81
Azure Satan
FAP-SnoZzy

Please get ur ubisoft names in so i can add you to list!

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 02:12 PM
added RIP-Kristos to list

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 03:15 PM
Added xPuzzabox to list! super excited for this tourny!

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 05:29 PM
http://challonge.com/forhonorbrackets

Brackets have been posted! hope to see more sign up before tommorow!

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 06:42 PM
Added my stream so everyone can watch ! https://www.twitch.tv/pulls_out

FAP-PullsOut
02-25-2017, 11:28 PM
14 ppl are registered so far!!!!

FAP-PullsOut
02-26-2017, 04:31 AM
16 players signed up remember you have till tomorrow 2 central standard time to sign up!

Free_Basejumps
02-26-2017, 04:36 AM
it is sundat 2/26/17 and in result of someone having less hp than the other ther eis no way determining that in match if no admin is there. so a result of the roudn starting over there is no way around it. and changing character? Its a single elim best out of 5 you cannot change character mid match and if there isnt more than 10 ppl yes i would be fine doing a double elim!

You do realize that this alone will turn the whole thing into a complete disconnect ****storm right?

Edit cause i suck at clicking buttons

Black_Star300
02-26-2017, 04:41 AM
This is dumb. Running a 1v1 where maps are banned cuz environment? Why? People can't watch out where they are standing? Gay

Warp_11
02-26-2017, 05:53 AM
time to build a lag-switch

OapokalypseO
02-26-2017, 05:56 AM
good its tomorrow because clearly servers are fixed. 100% tomorrow no turny .

FAP-PullsOut
02-26-2017, 06:51 AM
I will be monitoring each fight and admins aswell as streaming if there our any disrupts it will be sorted out!

FAP-PullsOut
02-26-2017, 09:34 AM
I will be limiting it to 30 players there will be a waitlist!

TatoRezo
02-26-2017, 10:26 AM

Isn't it best of 3 games? each game best of 5 rounds? Can't I still switch my char in between games? Otherwise it's very very bad becuase there are alreayd hard counters in this game and it would be dumb to lose a game because of that.

And please if admins will be in the match make it be more hp guy will win if timed out.

And also the map ban is kind of dumb, its really easy to avoid ledges just don't fight near it. And if the opponents made you go near ledges than it is far more strategic and technical work then just 2 Hit Kill

Sieger300
02-26-2017, 10:28 AM
I will be limiting it to 30 players there will be a waitlist!

can you switch characters betwin games?

FAP-PullsOut
02-26-2017, 10:48 AM
can you switch characters betwin games?

Yes you can switch characters now for instance there is a disconnect you cannot change characters. For isntance your first match you msut play same character until match is complete and you move to second round

Sieger300
02-26-2017, 10:50 AM
Yes you can switch characters now for instance there is a disconnect you cannot change characters. For isntance your first match you msut play same character until match is complete and you move to second round

no imean not betwen rounds,i mean betwen bo3

RIP-Kristos
02-26-2017, 12:27 PM
Ok there is a problem with this tournament. There cannot be a fair match up between NA and EU participants, even if the NAT would be compatible (Yellow/Green), there would still be a significant input delay for the one joining the host. I don't think you can host tournaments with players from different continents, unless Ubisoft turns to dedicated servers :D.

Kawira1
02-26-2017, 01:31 PM
I think you should exclude cheese stuff like 50/50 Shugoki charge or Warlord headbut gb abuse or we know how will finals look

FAP-PullsOut
02-26-2017, 01:38 PM
Ok there is a problem with this tournament. There cannot be a fair match up between NA and EU participants, even if the NAT would be compatible (Yellow/Green), there would still be a significant input delay for the one joining the host. I don't think you can host tournaments with players from different continents, unless Ubisoft turns to dedicated servers :D.

You know i didn't even think of that! I need to find out how many eu players we have to NA then might have to host two tournaments! I don't want others to have an advantage.

droper66
02-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Watching the high level meta which is GB CGB, attack parry and block for 5 min is not my idea of an entertaining esport, best of luck.

FAP-PullsOut
02-26-2017, 02:36 PM
Watching the high level meta which is GB CGB, attack parry and block for 5 min is not my idea of an entertaining esport, best of luck.

well im really hoping that people don't turtle and make it entertaining!

FAP-PullsOut
02-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Check in are starting right now! few spots open!