PDA

View Full Version : The only problem with revenge gear right now

LeonaBott
02-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Is getting revenge when you're hit

Revenge should be earned by being better and blocking/parrying, not getting the **** beat out of you.

Astrolite.
02-23-2017, 08:02 PM
When you block your revenge fills, There are also perks which allows your revenge to fill by attacking.

LeonaBott
02-23-2017, 08:03 PM
When you block your revenge fills, There are also perks which allows your revenge to fill by attacking.

Getting revenge by blocking/parrying is fine

By any other means is silly.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 08:41 PM
The only problem with Revenge gear right now is that it even exists.

Munktor
02-23-2017, 09:04 PM
The only problem with Revenge gear right now is that it even exists.

Disagree, I feel revenge gain should not be on gear, only duration. This would literally stop the revenge gain builds, but still have it in the game as the viable mechanic it was intended to be.

LeonaBott
02-24-2017, 04:41 AM
Disagree, I feel revenge gain should not be on gear, only duration. This would literally stop the revenge gain builds, but still have it in the game as the viable mechanic it was intended to be.
That would also help

I just think right now, with how much gear that give revenge on being hit/attacking is too high.

Revenge should be skillfully earned by blocking and parrying opponents not just "Oh I got hit three times lemme just activate my revenge now"

Ruin..
02-24-2017, 04:47 AM
I couldn't care less how they gain it. Revenge isn't an auto win. It's pretty predictable. Just feint a heavy attack and make them pop it, then just play defense until it runs out and kill them.

Felis_Menari
02-24-2017, 04:52 AM
That would also help

I just think right now, with how much gear that give revenge on being hit/attacking is too high.

Revenge should be skillfully earned by blocking and parrying opponents not just "Oh I got hit three times lemme just activate my revenge now"

Nerfing revenge gains would likely make what are already nigh unwinnable situations into absolutely unwinnable situations.

Scythe-Of-Vice
02-24-2017, 07:30 AM
Revenge as a pure mechanic is fine... what is broken about is it not the duration, or gain...

It's the attack damage increase and QTY (able to get revenge multiple times while still in revenge mode).

Stack revenge gain, stack revenge attack, MURDER everyone in two shots. GG... ez game every match.

You take two - three hits, block a few, however you want to generate it (mostly both + attack feat) and boom, activate revenge, switch targets, instant kill. Turn back to the other guy, same ****. Anyone tries to help out again, two or three hits on THE REVENGE SHIELD and BOOM - it's back up again, new shield + 500000000% damage increase continues.

Broken *** ****.

I laugh when I read posts that say just defend. Get real.

It would honestly be fine if there wasn't a 1000000000000 bazillion attack damage increase. The fact that I was one shotted from 50% with one, ****ing 1, warden heavy in the back when he had revenge IS GAME BREAKING!!!!!

Having more HP given in the shield form is great, extra stam sure - maybe a little less damage taken, sure why not - but having all of that on top of a TWO SHOT ABILITY is frankly insane.

A little more survivability, a little more wiggle room on the stam, great - Turing into a ****ing super tank, unstoppable killing machine that takes no damage....

Sounds like balance to me.

You can say, just GB him over and over, just defend. That's not the point. Even if he has that gear if you mess it up ONCE, you are dead. No skill required. To out play these fools I have to play my heart out.

I fought a 2 v 1 against a 108 gear pres (4) - he had revenge every ****ing three hits. Because the two of us had lower gear, WE COULDN'T"T DO ENOUGH DAMAGE TO KILL HIM BEFORE HE GOT REVENGE AGAIN. I was talking on the mic, GB'ing while my mate hit him with heavys. The dude, 108 dude, was BAD. He couldn't CGB. THE FIGHT WAS POINTLESS. I just stopped and let him kill us both. It was the most broken **** I have ever seen.