PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer needs a change

CairoTheCat
02-23-2017, 07:43 PM
I have defended lawbringers since launch, i don't even play lawbringer, but at this point i'm done dealing with them. They are rediculous. They should not be able to infinitely shove people after almost any attack, it is incredibly hard to counter and DRAINS YOUR STAMINA

There needs to be some kind of change to this crap, it's ridiculous. Sure there are ways to counter it, but there are ways to counter Warden, Peacekeeper, and Warlord, yet people still think those classes are bull. Just because a way to beat them exists doesn't mean they aren't overpowered.

Lawbringers aren't necessarily OP, but they are ridiculous. Completely, utterly ridiculous. It needs to stop. They just shove you non-stop until you're out of stamina and have no way to beat them. NOT TO MENTION they have INSTANT recovery after parries. A lawbringer with a good defense is unstoppable. This needs to stop.

ArchangelREON
02-23-2017, 07:50 PM
they abuse me to... dont feel to bad

deltatchief
02-23-2017, 07:50 PM
I feel your pain. I watched a lawbreaker own my entire team after I warned them that all he is doing is shoving, GBing, and throwing people off ledge/into stuff. Same can be said for the Conqueror as well. They can do their unblockable shield slam followed by GB or heavy attack without worry.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-23-2017, 07:56 PM
Make for honor great again!

RLTygurr
02-23-2017, 08:05 PM
I have defended lawbringers since launch, i don't even play lawbringer, but at this point i'm done dealing with them. They are rediculous. They should not be able to infinitely shove people after almost any attack, it is incredibly hard to counter and DRAINS YOUR STAMINA

There needs to be some kind of change to this crap, it's ridiculous. Sure there are ways to counter it, but there are ways to counter Warden, Peacekeeper, and Warlord, yet people still think those classes are bull. Just because a way to beat them exists doesn't mean they aren't overpowered.

Lawbringers aren't necessarily OP, but they are ridiculous. Completely, utterly ridiculous. It needs to stop. They just shove you non-stop until you're out of stamina and have no way to beat them. NOT TO MENTION they have INSTANT recovery after parries. A lawbringer with a good defense is unstoppable. This needs to stop.

Hey there angry friends, Rep 5 Lawbringer here with some facts.

Yes, shove is a powerful move that is uninterruptible, unblockable, and drains your stamina. It is the bread and butter of every lawbringer, this is simply how his kit is built. However, it is dodgeable in EVERY direction. The range is hilariously small, even when you fully charge it (which isn't much), and any character can dodge to the side and dodge it. The only time that you cannot is after they directly block you and use it or after they land a heavy attack (which, if you're playing well, should NEVER happen). If they do a dash to the side or toward you, expect a shove and dodge sideways to counter it, this gives you a free GB (or a dodge attack, if you're an assassin) meaning you can punish them. Another thing is that PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT SHOVE ALLOWS THE LAWBRINGER TO INSTANTLY GB AFTERWARD, SO DODGING WILL JUST GUARANTEE AN UNCOUNTERABLE GB!! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I'll shove someone, GB for a side heavy and shove again, the GB and getting more heavy attacks simply because they keep dodging. It's a huge mistake to dodge directly after a shove. In most cases, it's safer just to retaliate instantly with a light attack.

Also, Lawbringer Does not recover instantly after parries, in fact their recovery is unbelievably slow. It's just that one of their abilities is an instantaneous poke for a small amount of damage directly after a parry, and unless they parried a light attack, that's all they can reliably do besides GB you. If they parry one of your light attacks, they get a LOT of free damage (unblockable overhead heavy that stuns) unless you're a peacekeeper or a conquerer, who recover from parries faster than other characters.

Lawbringer is a bully class. Currently he's in a terrible place balance-wise because most of the time the majority of his kit is unusable against any half-decent opponent unless he gets a light parry. He's actually underpowered, not just because of this, but his damage numbers are laughable. His strongest move is a telegraphed unblockable that does the same damage as a warden's overhead heavy attack, which is faster and usable in more situations. QQ me if you want, but when I GB you 6 times and kill you in one "combo" I don't want to hear it because you never should have gotten hit by me in the first place.

On your point about counters to Wardens, Warlords, and Peacekeepers.
-Wardens: Can pressure two zones at once with their overhead light and zone attack (which are both very fast) as well as his vortex or shoulder charge electric slides which can be cancelled into GBs. Try countering that without taking 60% of your hp.
-Warlords: Against any skilled warlord? You'll lose. Period. End of story. Their defense is perfect, has counter attacks on light attack windups, uninterruptible heavies, a full block stance, ridiculous throw range, and an unblockable headbutt for free damage. He's broken in higher tiers. He physically cannot lose. And don't even get me started on once gear stats and feats are involved, with a max defense warlord taking nearly no damage and being able to revive himself if he does die. This character is straight up broken.
-Peacekeeper: Can pressure all 3 angles at once with extremely fast light attacks, as well as a nearly instantaneous zone attack, which can also be instantly cancelled after the first hit to start a new combo. Triple stab is bugged, but even when it's fixed it won't be too bad to counter a GB. In revenge mode? You can spam zone attack cancels at a speed that's insane, and just change one into a guard break for a triple stab. She's ridiculous in the hands of someone who knows how to feint.

Lawbringers are too slow to pressure any angles besides his overhead light, which is short range and weak and only useful for interrupting GBs and heavy attacks. Their only pressure is using GBs, shove, or Long Arm (the pancake flipper ability) to initiate any sort of threat.

Any good player should not lose to a lawbringer, unless that lawbringer is unbelievably skilled in parrying light attacks. That's why I have an 83% win rate in duels as lawbringer alone. I NEVER attack until I get parries.

Delectable_Sin
02-23-2017, 08:35 PM
Meh, rep 3 LB here, and I'm glad that the LB's are super OP. I went from 70% w/l to 99.9% (duel) since discovering their infinite chain of GB and bash. It's honestly so easy to destroy absolutely anyone as an LB, it's stupidly hilarious. Especially with all of the environmental kills that are possible. It doesn't even matter if you get GB countered, you drain so much of their stamina you can just mindlessly spam the infinite chain until they're drained and knocked down, then heavy attack twice, then overhead stun attack, then effortlessly finish them off.

To make things even more hilarious, some characters can't GB counter right now, as admitted by Ubi.

I honestly don't care too much about balance in this game, since balance is totally different from the bottom, middle, and top tiers of gameplay, and Ubi does a horrid job of balancing for the upper tier. I just accept that the Warden and LB are the undisputed kings of the top tier and use them to destroy the foolish assassins that made it to the top tier by way of destroying the lower tiers.

My advice to anyone who likes to win is to get good with the LB or the Warden.

Overbrutal1
02-24-2017, 02:54 PM
Meh, rep 3 LB here, and I'm glad that the LB's are super OP. I went from 70% w/l to 99.9% (duel) since discovering their infinite chain of GB and bash. It's honestly so easy to destroy absolutely anyone as an LB, it's stupidly hilarious. Especially with all of the environmental kills that are possible. It doesn't even matter if you get GB countered, you drain so much of their stamina you can just mindlessly spam the infinite chain until they're drained and knocked down, then heavy attack twice, then overhead stun attack, then effortlessly finish them off.

To make things even more hilarious, some characters can't GB counter right now, as admitted by Ubi.

I honestly don't care too much about balance in this game.....

I'm with RLTygurr on this one, if LB gets nerfed because of whining, it will become completely unplayable, since his attacks can be dodged. If unblockables gets taken away from it wont be a challenge for anyone. On the other hand try taking on a warlord who spams the headbutt chain, you won't be complaining about LB I am sure.

YappysDaBeast
02-24-2017, 03:00 PM
Rep 10 lawbringer here.
Shove is easily counterable if you're not stupid.

If you're going to cry about a class. Maybe Warlord headbutt spam? Warden shoulder charge cancels into a guardbreak? Maybe even Conq's shield charge combo when you're against a wall and can't dodge?
Hmmmm. People...