PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting dedicated servers?

SerArthur-Dayne
02-23-2017, 05:41 PM
Not looking for speculation, but hopefully an official response, or if anyone has heard if the Devs plan to switch to dedicated servers?

I understand they have a full plate probably fixing bugs etc.. I can wait so long as its coming down the line... But I cant invest anymore time (and wont invest any money) in this game if this is as good as its gonna get, with its peak population and its performing this poorly.

Have the best internet in Sydney, running speed tests, ports are all G, no one else using my internet. Getting kicked from no joke about 50-60% of my games, most frustrating is right before the match ends and recieveing no reward. Takes anywhere from 4-10!!!! minutes to find a game in the highest pop gamemodes. Game runs at variable speeds like everything just slows down, so muscle memory is gone from this game. Rubberbanding the odd time too. Players just dropping like flies in waves of 3-4 players at once during gameplay. Constant pauses to find a new host. Rollbacks when you just won a fight, only to rollback a few seconds and get ganked as the other person seemed to reconnect first. Game stuck in freezes as it searched for a new host for 10 mins untill you force shut the game. Indicators lagging and not showing up. A hotbed for cheating. Lagswitches are now a thing. Player security could be compromised I believe as well.

I would love to hear an answer from anyone in the know? Just a yes or no is all I need, I can wait so long as they are coming within a reasonable time. Thanks.

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 06:11 PM
Are we getting dedicated servers?

What do you think the answer will be?

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 06:13 PM
Are we getting dedicated servers?

What do you think Ubisoft's answer to that is going be?

RatedChaotic
02-23-2017, 06:42 PM
I'll just be hopping in for a fight or two a week or whenever I feel the urge to play a fighter. Other than that theres no point playing a multiplayer game when the multiplayer doesnt work a majority of the time. The only part thats any good is soloing AI modes and that gets boring fast. There are more enjoyable games and games that have a working multiplayer out there that I'd rather devote my time and money on than this current mess of a game.

It may get better in time...but til that time comes I'll be somewhere else.

tubingchamp
02-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I'm having serious issues too.. I haven't had a complete game in 3 days actually (I only get to play for about an hour a day)..

It's either

1) Matchmaking takes more than 5-10 minutes, so I close out of it
2) Instant disconnect randomly in the game
3) Literally no matches found.. (Game found, missing players, no one joins)

I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada, and I have no issues playing any other games, NAT is open.. I really enjoy and want to get good at this game, but it's ridiculous.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Same here. 2 straight days and just can't seem to finish a game.

Yeah, I'm having serious issues too.. I haven't had a complete game in 3 days actually (I only get to play for about an hour a day)..

It's either

1) Matchmaking takes more than 5-10 minutes, so I close out of it
2) Instant disconnect randomly in the game
3) Literally no matches found.. (Game found, missing players, no one joins)

I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada, and I have no issues playing any other games, NAT is open.. I really enjoy and want to get good at this game, but it's ridiculous.

Ephemiel
02-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Why do you ask questions you already know the answer to?

LegendaryPLANK
02-23-2017, 07:27 PM
DCs combined with a blocking system that is heavily affected by latency is making the game less than fun. I don't see it lasting long if they don't do something.

Drekle
02-23-2017, 07:58 PM
I am interested in this Ubi CM... This might change how much I commit to this game. You need to answer this before I buy anything from the store, any DLC, or frankly any ubisoft game for some time.

#WalletVote

Astrolite.
02-23-2017, 08:00 PM
Just a yes or no is all I need

No.

Drekle
02-23-2017, 08:23 PM
No.

Pretty sure he means the Ubi CM. Also Curious.

SerArthur-Dayne
02-23-2017, 09:46 PM
Pretty sure he means the Ubi CM. Also Curious.

Yep, just looking for a yes or no from the CM, or anyone whos got any official word from them.

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 09:54 PM
Yep, just looking for a yes or no from the CM, or anyone whos got any official word from them.

Dude, we both know they won't comment on this.

Maybe they will change their minds if you tell them what happened at the Tower of Joy.

Jimmahd
02-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Have the same problem!
For Honor has been shelved for the moment!

Galduurung
02-23-2017, 10:10 PM
I think it will be in DLC...

"We are glad to release the first DLC ! Tired to have disconnections ? Get Dedicated serverf DLC for only 29.99 !
PS: No we don't take people for fools, we just release a broken game to prompt people to buy a game 120 whereas it is worth 60 (when it works hihihi)"

SerArthur-Dayne
02-23-2017, 11:25 PM
Dude, we both know they won't comment on this.

Maybe they will change their minds if you tell them what happened at the Tower of Joy.

What happened at the tower of Joy is much the same as whats happening here... Getting stabbed in the back!

They need to address this asap from a business standpoint. They are trashing their steam reviews based on this one major problem. Considering they plan to make most of their money on Micro- Transactions, how silly is it not to spend money on dedicated servers.

Im not expecting them to flip a switch and have them up this afternoon, but they need to get the ball rolling and at least make a statement explaining thet they will switch to a server based system as soon as is possible. This P2P system isnt bad, its not actually working!

Hackfraysn
02-24-2017, 12:35 AM
What happened at the tower of Joy is much the same as whats happening here... Getting stabbed in the back!

They need to address this asap from a business standpoint. They are trashing their steam reviews based on this one major problem. Considering they plan to make most of their money on Micro- Transactions, how silly is it not to spend money on dedicated servers.

Im not expecting them to flip a switch and have them up this afternoon, but they need to get the ball rolling and at least make a statement explaining thet they will switch to a server based system as soon as is possible. This P2P system isnt bad, its not actually working!

I'm with you on this one.

They should have announced dedicated servers during open beta and everybody would have been happy. Once they do this and fix their matchmaking so new players don't get matched against full purple or gold geared prestige dudes, they'd be golden. This game has a lot of potential. Damage's done now. Let's see, if they're willing to turn this around and make this game what it should have been in the first place.

P2P...it even exposes your IP address to everybody in the match, which is fairly easy to abuse. They really need to change their infrastructure before the game's dead.

Bob__Gnarly
02-24-2017, 01:27 AM
It's not gonna happen, you don't need a CM to tell you this, just basic logic.

It'll cost too much for them to make the switch now, they'll just continue to tinker with the current P2P system until the game dies.