PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper = THE FLASH

kueoj
02-23-2017, 03:48 PM
So what i've learnt from assassins is they're just too fast (light attacks). If you ever play against a peacekeeper you might aswell not even try as if they spam you with light attacks it's all over. Also the dashing in this game is broken as it should effect stamina but it doesn't so peacekeeper can just dash away if need be and there's nothing you can do about it. i know people are making threads like this already but stuff like this needs to be sorted out as the game ATM just feels broken

kueoj
02-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Hello friend,

Make a new thread where you ask for people's advice for beating Assassins and specifically Peacekeepers. It can be done. They aren't unfair. You shouldn't have to feel like the game is already over. You probably feel like the game is broken atm because you haven't learned how to play well enough to compete with many of the more decent players, but it just takes patience and you can do it.

What class are you struggling with using?

I'm a rep 4 conqueror and played the alpha and betas and never had problems with these character but now for some reason i feel like the speed for the assassins has been buffed to the point that they put the flash to shame.

JudgeGavri-EL
02-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Same with you, played both closed and open beta but I cant help notice how fast peacekeepers are even though im usinig orochi. Probably its on their gear lv.

SoveRReignN
02-23-2017, 04:17 PM
Hello friend,

Make a new thread where you ask for people's advice for beating Assassins and specifically Peacekeepers. It can be done. They aren't unfair. You shouldn't have to feel like the game is already over. You probably feel like the game is broken atm because you haven't learned how to play well enough to compete with many of the more decent players, but it just takes patience and you can do it.

What class are you struggling with using?

Don't mislead the guy throwing in an spoon of ignorance by saying the Learn 2 Play line...Everybody knows there are mechanical issues, balance issues. I fought vs tons of peacekeepers and i finally understand it's all about luck. skilled peacekeeper vs skilled any other will win. skilled any other vs noob peacekeeper has 50/50 chance to win. It's not hard to doge, and to doge that fast. By all means backstep, forward step grab, stab stab stab GG. You do not have time to react. Not sure why people can not admit certain facts. It's interesting cause one time when i started playing there was a prestige 1 peackeeper on the enemy team and our teammate stated prior of the game starting "Get ready to get butthurt, prestige peacekeeper" I did not know what that mean until i faced it. You just can't make this stuff up.

Flippin_Finch
02-23-2017, 04:19 PM
Pc Conq here, none of the assasins are hardnut for me, even orochi with broken GB aint hard.

iceDmeteL
02-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Don't mislead the guy throwing in an spoon of ignorance by saying the Learn 2 Play line...Everybody knows there are mechanical issues, balance issues. I fought vs tons of peacekeepers and i finally understand it's all about luck.
Don't tell other people what to do when you don't know what you're talking about. Different classes require different strategies and it is up to the player to figure out a way to counter. Either go watch youtube videos or find someone to practice with. I main a pk and fought and beat plenty of other pks who do nothing but spam light attack or gb. Very easy to block them once you get used to it, even without the indicators. "you do not have time to react" this is 100% BS. Maybe YOU do not have time to react, but other people do, and they can also counter gb just fine, and that window is even smaller than assassins attacks.

Aarpian
02-23-2017, 05:35 PM
Peacekeepers are a problem even for me. The speed of the zone attack means you're forced to hold your guard on your right hand side constantly, forcing you to reaction-guard their very fast lights.
On top of that, their light attacks are plus on block, meaning that if they hit you with a light attack and you block it, they will recover before you do, so you don't even have a chance to punish unless they stop attacking.
This issue then gets compounded - since their attacks are so much faster than yours for the majority of classes, you can't try and trade, so you have to parry their attacks to get any aggression off. This means they also have by far the best parry-baiting in the game as their light attacks are too quick to identify as light attacks, so they can easily feint a heavy to get you to respond and then instantly zone attack.

Now, that probably sounds like it costs a lot of stamina - and you'd be right - the only problem is it's nearly impossible to punish a peacekeeper when they run out of stamina, as they can just sit in range until you try to guard break them, and once you do, they can tech it and immediately backdash to perfect safety with no hope of ever being caught.

THAT is why peacekeeper is obscenely overpowered. The fact that they're about to give her back 50-damage guard breaks (or more if you can wallstun) is just icing on the already crazy cake.

Aarpian
02-23-2017, 05:56 PM
If they are obscenely overpowered than post a video of you wrecking face with the Peacekeeper. Because any overpowered class can be used by a noob to dominate people.

I don't play her, and have no plans to. I'm not about to waste hours of my life to prove a point to someone who wouldn't believe me even if I did.
There's also the problem of me not being a noob, so even if I picked up the Kensei I would still wreck a sizeable population of players.

iceDmeteL
02-23-2017, 06:04 PM
Aarpian im not gonna bother quoting the whole post and cut it up so i'll just list out a few things:

- light attack and block, if you block their light attack, you may not be able to get in a free hit depending your class, but the pk loses a lot of stamina, even more if you parry. that is critical.

- their attacks so much faster than you... yes, this is one of the very few things that we have, being faster and able to beat other classes to the punch. otherwise we'd just sit there and keep blocking and dodging. iv'e faced hybrids where they just spam their combo over and over, we have to be able to utilize our speed or we will forever be defending and eventually get crushed.

- parry baiting, feinting, unpredictable attacks... this requires skill. this is how to play our class, so its something you need to adapt and learn about. you are not supposed to trade and outswing an assassin.

- "THAT is why peacekeeper is obscenely overpowered"..... we're really not. we're one of the squishiest class in the game. thats why some abuse dodge, because one wrong move and it's pretty much all over. and even then dodge cannot be abused against certain classes, try dodge spamming a nobushi and come back and tell me we are OP.