PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't this game have a moba style game mode?

NeoVidia
02-23-2017, 12:51 PM
I don't get how this was not in their heads when making this game. It doesn't need to be the selling point, but I'll definitely enjoy a 4v4 league of legends style map.

The game is perfect for it because most of the mechanics for it are already in the game, and ganking becomes a calculated feature instead of the whinefest on both sides.

For those not familiar, imagine 3 lanes, all lanes have their "duels" while not impossible to gank, it might be a bad idea because you will lose xp from minions or even an objective.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 12:56 PM
I completely agree.

Wyldercat
02-23-2017, 01:18 PM
Myes, mentioned this. It needs more than a mode for it to be balanced....:( (not sure what those other guys were talking about tbh, I lost some brain cells).
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1583181-Impossible-task
What I was trying to get at is the combat system is a feature, making a game around a feature rarely works.

Wyldercat
02-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Did you just look up the definition of moba and write that response accordingly?

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 01:33 PM
Uh dominion is a moba, so is elimination and skirmish.
I am not sure what more you want. Could you be more specific?

Uh, no dominion isn't, and elimination isn't close, you don't know how a moba works, it's cool, so here's what were talking about:

3 lanes...all have minions (aka creep) and a progression system of gates or towers that need to be cleared/destroyed to pass beyond them. The tower/gate would blast players that just smashed it unless minions were there to soak up it's fire. There would be bigger gaps between lanes, making it harder to switch lanes without alerting the enemy team...etc.

hartt
02-23-2017, 01:33 PM
3 lines with their objectives .... you earn exp and push yuor line, you can gank other lines but there is a risk to loose yuors, and final objective would be castle doors.

Hegemon_
02-23-2017, 01:36 PM
OP, so you are telling us that there is no ganking in moba?

- nvm, you already answered. BTW they announced new maps in upcoming DLC alredy, so maybe they will come with new game modes? I personally liked the ram pushing game mode from the knights' campaign.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 01:38 PM
OP, so you are telling us that there is no ganking in moba?

I believe he specifically said it was a "calculated feature," so I'll go ahead and answer for him and say no, no that's not what he said.

Ryumanjisen
02-23-2017, 01:38 PM
3 lines with their objectives .... you earn exp and push yuor line, you can gank other lines but there is a risk to loose yuors, and final objective would be castle doors.

That would be neat. A LoL or Dota kind of map, but with objectives instead of towers. It would need some way to give the creeps some meaning, since in this way the minions are nothing more than xp sources (and let's be honest, xp doesn't mean too much in this game), but it could work.

Wyldercat
02-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Would need that gear / currency progression during match which would make their current system obsolete, not that it's actually worth keeping, replace it with cosmetics / emotes :cool:

m1y4gi
02-23-2017, 01:56 PM
I don't get how this was not in their heads when making this game. It doesn't need to be the selling point, but I'll definitely enjoy a 4v4 league of legends style map.

The game is perfect for it because most of the mechanics for it are already in the game, and ganking becomes a calculated feature instead of the whinefest on both sides.

For those not familiar, imagine 3 lanes, all lanes have their "duels" while not impossible to gank, it might be a bad idea because you will lose xp from minions or even an objective.

That would be.......GREAT! :)

Luv this idea!

m1y4gi
02-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Uh dominion is a moba, so is elimination and skirmish.
I am not sure what more you want. Could you be more specific?

1st you would have 3 ways to the enemy base, each one under attack by minions. In the middle you would have some NPCs, once beaten, they'll fight for your side and there are other features which could be included. Like Mini-quests for extra attacks and so on. Dominion is a touch of moba, but not more.

Sirrkas
02-23-2017, 02:15 PM
Uh, no dominion isn't, and elimination isn't close, you don't know how a moba works, it's cool, so here's what were talking about:

3 lanes...all have minions (aka creep) and a progression system of gates or towers that need to be cleared/destroyed to pass beyond them. The tower/gate would blast players that just smashed it unless minions were there to soak up it's fire. There would be bigger gaps between lanes, making it harder to switch lanes without alerting the enemy team...etc.

Just copying a moba in that regard would more likely make the game worse. Dominion is as close to a moba, as it should get. 3 objectives, one with minions 2 without. You have to "push" your lane/objective and when you have "pushed" enough, the final goal is to get an ace.

What I think would fit better as gamemode, would be something like a siegemode. Chivalry has something similar, where the attacking team has to take one objective after the other and at the end, they have to slay the king.

Also protecting the battery ram like in the campaign could be a nice gamemode. Maybe as part of a siege.

jezpida
02-23-2017, 02:22 PM

that preteen game dint start mobas. and something similiar to dota would be nice

Wyldercat
02-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Having MOBA elements does not make a MOBA, there are many hybrid genre games with MOBA elements but no map progression / creep management elements, lanes aside; at the moment there is no form of map progression which is making the OP and others in this post feel it warrants a traditional MOBA style game mode, where in actuality the mish-mash of genres they have moulded around this combat system have left the game lacking.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Uh no. I know what a moba is and wrote my response accordingly to my knowledge. If that makes any difference.

Well, just because you say something doesn't make it true. Those modes are per definition a moba.

You want specific rules, that's okay and i don't have anything against more modes when they are fun. I also think that you could make this a really enjoyable experience when you have the manpower and dedication to push it.

But right now there is no manpower available to make something like this come true. Also it would split the player base, which is potentially a bad thing. They could get rid of skirmish in favor of this of course.

I would however rather have an overwatch like mode which promotes playing as a team and not individual 1on1 plays and surely i don't want to farm npcs. Overwatch is also a moba.

Yeah, I'm actually cool with any new game modes as long as they are fun and I stand corrected, per actual definition they are all mobas.