PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about dodging

kueoj
02-23-2017, 12:14 PM
This is my personal opinion on what i think should happen with dodging. Now i don't know why but not having a stamina reduction on dodging is just silly i think as assassins can just dodge backwards without any stamina cost what so ever and it's basically impossible for you to hit them (especially with HEAVY classes) now i would understand if it was every so often but i see assassins (berserker,Orochi, peacekeeper) spam it all the time and there is nothing you can do as they keep dodging back as you go to attack them. I recommend if they were to change this that they have a stamina cost for dodge say, SIDES = 10% FORWARD = 5% BACKWARDS = 25%. What do you think? and if you agree what do you think they could do to improve the dodging system. Leave your thoughts in the comments. :)

DrExtrem
02-23-2017, 12:17 PM
A dodge charge meter comes to my mind.

The titans in titanfall have it. It means, that you are restricted to two dashes within a short time. If the charges are consumed, you have to wait, until they are refilled.

Just a thought on the matter.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 01:03 PM
Not possible to do. Playing as an Assassin regularly I've found it is imperative to their overall design to dash and dodge.

Hell half of their attack/combo rosters call for a dash to begin with! You'd essentially be cutting their available attack list down to ribbons.

The best way to handle assassins is to man-handle them and really get in their faces, fight them in close quarters where their mobility counts for nothing.

DrExtrem
02-23-2017, 04:21 PM
That's the problem.

If I need a closer room or obstacles' to have a good chance against them, the design is faulty.

Especially, if dashing is perfect to get away from corners.

Assassins are partially so strong, because they can dash far distances, can combine the dashes with dmg moves and they get immunity when they dash.

SendRickPics
02-24-2017, 01:21 AM
That's the problem.

If I need a closer room or obstacles' to have a good chance against them, the design is faulty.

Especially, if dashing is perfect to get away from corners.

Assassins are partially so strong, because they can dash far distances, can combine the dashes with dmg moves and they get immunity when they dash.

The reverse is also true. As an Assassin I'm going to be weak in a straight up fight, especially in close quarters, meaning I'm going to have to fight you out in the open to stand a good chance against you.

Heroes have different playstyles. If you try to play a heavy like an Assassin, you're going to have a bad time. Some have specific jobs to do in conjunction with other heroes as part of a TEAM. Some aren't really good duelists at all.

The Dash is an integral part of their game mechanics. Hell several attacks for many of the Assassin's include the necessity to dash/dodge INTO attacks to get a "deflect" for a counter attack.