PDA

View Full Version : Why not like rainbow six siege server system?

jamistar
02-23-2017, 11:58 AM
As many others i like playing both the games: For honor and Siege. I'm sure you are in consideration about thousands of disconnecting and lag problems that many customers are getting. The game is just great, but we need enjoy this experience without spending all the time looking the matching screen. Friend groups often lose one of more members every time a new session is starting. So we need to leave, regroup.. and start again (creating problems to all the other players that staying)

In Siege we do not have the same issue.. i'm sure we are speaking about two different tecnical structures.... but you must choose a solution immediatly or after the first period after release (now we can wait, it's a new game) players will start to look to other games with better performance just for not passing all the time in rage for connection issues.

Let me say P2P can't be the future.. let it in the past.

Flippin_Finch
02-23-2017, 12:15 PM
We have no real idea how For Honor P2P works in terms of structure besides that it splits host role between each player. Also, dedicated server probalby will add more ping and make your reaction worthless.

Also, people complain about being booted to menu cuz of P2P. I bet its more hardware or their software problem, not P2P.

NeoVidia
02-23-2017, 12:26 PM
We have no real idea how For Honor P2P works in terms of structure besides that it splits host role between each player. Also, dedicated server probalby will add more ping and make your reaction worthless.

Also, people complain about being booted to menu cuz of P2P. I bet its more hardware or their software problem, not P2P.

^pretty much this.

As many others i like playing both the games: For honor and Siege. I'm sure you are in consideration about thousands of disconnecting and lag problems that many customers are getting. The game is just great, but we need enjoy this experience without spending all the time looking the matching screen. Friend groups often lose one of more members every time a new session is starting. So we need to leave, regroup.. and start again (creating problems to all the other players that staying)

In Siege we do not have the same issue.. i'm sure we are speaking about two different tecnical structures.... but you must choose a solution immediatly or after the first period after release (now we can wait, it's a new game) players will start to look to other games with better performance just for not passing all the time in rage for connection issues.

Let me say P2P can't be the future.. let it in the past.

P2P will definitely be the future. Their have already been successful tests with Quantum Networking, in practice having 0ms lag because of the network. Why at that point pay for expensive servers, when a P2P system like this where everyone is host and client will be (INSANELY) more cost effective and fair?

EDIT: Siege doesn't have that problem? Don't make me laugh. Have you even played siege from release? The amount of server issues, lag compensation problems, and bullets not registering where ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't have that problem NOW. But given the time they had to improve on it, saying a new game has more problems because an older game has not, is comparing apples to oranges.