PDA

View Full Version : ForHonor Future: Metagame/Esports/Successrate

RayGDC
02-23-2017, 11:22 AM
Hello Community

For Honor is now online for one week and all of us who play this game now since the release (or even Alpha/Beta)
are gonna be year one veterans in one or two years. This game has so much potential of becoming bigger than just
a release-hype-consumed. Especially the duel modes of the game make it so special in competitive terms.

I often think about where this game and its status gets in time. Is it gonna be forgotten in two years, or will it be equally
successful as League of Legends for example? As Esports and public tournament game.

Where does the metagame gonna get? There are a lot of different opinions on the current "metagame". I think atm
there is no real metagame, its just players exploring the full potential of the mechanics. That differs the average
player (wich block and spam attacks) from players understanding the game mechanics (parry, faint, patient fighters).
I would not describe this as metagame. Too early for this.

Lets say in a couple of months, when all of the veterans are used to the game mechanics, the heroes and their
abilities, then a metagame will result out of it.

What do you guys think about my thoughts? Will the game be a longterm success? Wich heroes/classes are metagame candidates?
Do you think there will be a big Esport base for this game?

Let me know your thoughts. I appreciate it.

m0u-1337
02-23-2017, 11:26 AM
If Abusesoft will start patching and addressing problems i am sure that this game will be played for a long time. But as long as they ignore their community and dont patch the game i dont see a long future.

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 12:08 PM
If Abusesoft will start patching and addressing problems i am sure that this game will be played for a long time. But as long as they ignore their community and dont patch the game i dont see a long future.

There was apparently a patch for PC on the 21st.

m0u-1337
02-23-2017, 12:19 PM
There was apparently a patch for PC on the 21st.

Yes, but not to address network- or balanceproblems. only for minor bugs and to add an anticheat

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Yes, but not to address network- or balanceproblems. only for minor bugs and to add an anticheat

I was just pointing out that there was a patch. So we know they are doing stuff, and didn't just cash in and are planning on checking out at this time.

Ulfhedinn_.
02-23-2017, 12:51 PM
The future and longevity of this game depends entirely on Ubisoft's post-release support. Good post-release support = a healthy game with a long lifespan, while the opposite applies. The Witcher 3 will have a longer lifespan than this game if Ubisoft doesn't work on balance and quality of life improvements soon - not that TW3 has a short lifespan, I'm still playing it, but this is a multiplayer game, it shouldn't have nearly as finite a lifespan as a singleplayer game.

MeetYaMaster
02-23-2017, 12:55 PM
Don't compare this to LoL. Riot actually know how to iron out bugs and host servers. R6 siege is still full of server bugs after all this time which gives you an example of how UBI 'fixes' things. They also completely destroyed The Division but saved themselves (after a year) with the survivor dlc.

RayGDC
02-23-2017, 02:03 PM
Don't compare this to LoL. Riot actually know how to iron out bugs and host servers. R6 siege is still full of server bugs after all this time which gives you an example of how UBI 'fixes' things. They also completely destroyed The Division but saved themselves (after a year) with the survivor dlc.

Thx for your answer.

I absolutely agree.