PDA

View Full Version : Revenge gain gear needs TO GO

rooflemonger
02-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Title says it all, I can deal with the fact I constantly I constantly get matched against prestige 4/5 people who massively outgear me and do more damage and take less. It ****ing sucks big time but I can't deal with the revenge + gear. Having to fight people who get 2-4 lifebars per fight because even in a 1v1 they now can gain revenge over, and over, and over.

I don't like gear stats to begin with I will say that, but I can manage with it. But revenge gain on gear has to be removed! As it stands as more and more people learn its the optimal way to be, just makes me make sure I never do anything but duel or brawl ever again.

DerHerbman
02-23-2017, 10:52 AM
But, but... Gear only makes a 10% difference Ubisoft said... Muahahahah

Seems like you have to spend your hard earned money to play this game. Its all about Pay to win in 4 vs 4, its a shame.

JudgeGavri-EL
02-23-2017, 10:57 AM
But, but... Gear only makes a 10% difference Ubisoft said... Muahahahah

Seems like you have to spend your hard earned money to play this game. Its all about Pay to win in 4 vs 4, its a shame.

Uhm its not? there is no pay wall to achieve a gear level of 108. Anyone can do that, just save steel, learn to use it properly.

Col1us
02-23-2017, 11:16 AM
IMO When fight 1vs1(on 4vs4 maps), the value should be 10 times less. (with max-stats on revange of course)
In the current state, revenge-peacekeeper are shining like a chrismastree when blocking or get a attack.
"Yes, but you can just wait until revange is running out" You say. But it isnt so simple when they are in godmode and attack you all the way, while they cannot lose Stamina and have an additional HP-pool.
Defeat this guys by using enviroment-kills isnt the right way, at it is dishonorable in my eyes.
Ubisoft present a fighting game. Not an Throw down-Simulator 2017.(but this is just my salt *damn you small bridges* ;)

I think, when you are fighting 1vs 2 or more enemys, your stats on " revenge gain on gear" should be working as it is.

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 12:09 PM
Title says it all, I can deal with the fact I constantly I constantly get matched against prestige 4/5 people who massively outgear me and do more damage and take less. It ****ing sucks big time but I can't deal with the revenge + gear. Having to fight people who get 2-4 lifebars per fight because even in a 1v1 they now can gain revenge over, and over, and over.

I don't like gear stats to begin with I will say that, but I can manage with it. But revenge gain on gear has to be removed! As it stands as more and more people learn its the optimal way to be, just makes me make sure I never do anything but duel or brawl ever again.

If you play vs people with no gear, you can have perpetual revenge for 6-12 seconds duration, depending on your stats. All you need to do is block 3 of their hits, which is ridiculously easy to do. Add the max damage and defense stats, and you'll 2shot undergeared people, while they can hardly damage you. Even more so in revenge mode.

The fact that you constantly get matched against 3+ prestige opponents, even as an absolute beginner only makes the glaring issue more apparent.

How nobody at Ubisoft couldn't see this might cause problems is simply beyond me.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 01:00 PM
I hated gearstats at first too. But now that I actually have the gear, and whatnot I can say with confidence that the game doesn't REALLY start until you've gotten some Heroic Gear and maxed it out to 108. Believe me when I say that.

It's night and day being a Peacekeeper Assassin when I get 2v1'd or 3v1'd, I'll block and dance around until I can grab someone and toss them, or I get that beautiful knockdown that gives me an opportunity to throw in a heavy or two that'll kill off an enemy Assassin in 1- or 2-hits. I've been able to hold my own ground outnumbered, not because I become an invincible tank, though truth be told my stats don't give me much "revenge defense" as opposed to "offense", what it does is it gives me a shot to where I can actually win outnumbered pretty-regularly if I'm not careless or getting cheesed on by Lawbringer or Raider charges.

The point I'm getting at is that you won't really be "playing the game" until you max out a character. That's the best explanation I've got for you.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 01:14 PM
Uhm its not? there is no pay wall to achieve a gear level of 108. Anyone can do that, just save steel, learn to use it properly.

Well, I spent all my steel and crates making a build and I was losing quite a bit in dominion. So I activated some credit card power and made an all revenge build and, I **** you not, got 18 obj 18 kills and zero deaths my first freakin' game. So yeah, $$ makes a big difference in this game.

I'm not complaining, I really like the game in general, despite the fact that it has me raving like a lunatic every so often, and I'm happy to drop some more money on it, especially considering I'm coming up on 100 hrs played already, but saying anyone can do it (at this point in the game) is erroneous.

Very soon most dedicated players will have put in the time to do the same, but casuals are gonna need to activate that credit card power.

https://youtu.be/BG6U4AZkuEc

HarambeVendetta
02-23-2017, 02:35 PM
I can't wait until 4v4 becomes a let's not attack, even in 1v1 because i want to get revenge sooner, fest.

Just change it already before we lose even more players.
I haven't seen PC hit even 70k in days.

TheRealNichivo
02-23-2017, 03:03 PM
https://youtu.be/BG6U4AZkuEc

I actually vomited a little when I realized you linked kooncoon playing Archeage. Now that is a pay to win game, that could have been awesome if not for Greed.

Hacks85
02-23-2017, 03:09 PM
I saved my steel and boxes for rep 3 then got 108 by rep 4. Now im rep 9 sitting on 20k steel I really don't even need.

Pandemik HBI
02-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Don't be mad because you chose to stack salt instead of revenge, sorry to ruin your gank party lieutenant Dan.

HarambeVendetta
02-23-2017, 03:41 PM
^
You realize high end gear is affecting 1v1 encounters too in dominion matches? You surely can't defend something that's broken.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 05:58 PM
I actually vomited a little when I realized you linked kooncoon playing Archeage. Now that is a pay to win game, that could have been awesome if not for Greed.

Totally agreed, I loved the alpha, and I lasted until thunderstruck started selling for $$ before quitting. I hear it got way worse after that, but it was already too far gone by that point.

Agent Talon
02-23-2017, 06:09 PM
I saved my steel and boxes for rep 3 then got 108 by rep 4. Now im rep 9 sitting on 20k steel I really don't even need.

Dang how much time do you have to play! Rep 9 in 10 days seems crazy! My stupid job keeps me away :-(

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 06:31 PM
I would prefer that there were more varieties of end-game builds, and there ARE some after you stack every possible revenge booster, but revenge build is critical to optimal performance.

Munktor
02-23-2017, 06:37 PM
I just feel like they need to convert "revenge gain" to "revenge duration" on all gear.

This would stop the quick gain builds, but still have it as a viable gear stat for people that want to lengthen the duration.

DrExtrem
02-23-2017, 06:52 PM

Or simply pay 19.99, to have the chance to instantly be awesome.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Agreed.

It's a bullschit mechanic in ALL game modes.

Sirborkshire
02-23-2017, 08:36 PM
Or simply pay 19.99, to have the chance to instantly be awesome.

you would still need to put in the hours to get to rep 3/4 before you could possibly get that gear...

DrExtrem
02-23-2017, 09:10 PM
you would still need to put in the hours to get to rep 3/4 before you could possibly get that gear...

Big problem ... Really.

I am working full time and exclusively fighting bots and doing hours of training in custom mode and my warden is almost rep2. Oh ... And I played the campaign and several other heroes.

Getting to rep 3 is really not a problem.

Nonetheless. Revenge mode or revenge mode stats need to be tweaked heavily. Its like the original survivors link from the division.

Munktor
02-23-2017, 09:21 PM
Big problem ... Really.

I am working full time and exclusively fighting bots and doing hours of training in custom mode and my warden is almost rep2. Oh ... And I played the campaign and several other heroes.

Getting to rep 3 is really not a problem.

Nonetheless. Revenge mode or revenge mode stats need to be tweaked heavily. Its like the original survivors link from the division.

What's your current playtime? You're clearly dedicated to one hero mostly if you're that high already.

fariic
02-23-2017, 09:28 PM
They do need to tune down the rate at the top end.

No one should be getting revenge because I hit them a few times.

I don't know if something is going on, but my Kensei does not pop revenge in a 1v1 off just 3 hits; at 108 with full revenge generation. Yet I'm facing people who are.

Revenge shouldn't be used as a buff for solo fights, it's entire purpose is to punish 2/3/4v1.

Outside of revenge, gear is not the reason you lose in a 1v1 fight. I do not have "more defense and damage" as the OP put it, in fact I have less attack out of revenge than a lvl1 Kensei. Every class I've played at lvl1 is effectively stat balanced; the gear takes from one stat to give to another so that you can unbalance the hero how you want.

But this is the reality. Even if they tune down the revenge gains, you people will still be complaining about revenge. Because nine times out of ten you are the reason for the revenge, and why you got killed. Learn how to double team people, and stop spamming attacks like you're going spastic at a seal clubbing convention. Learn to work with the other guy and hit when the target swings, or GB so the other guy can hit.

It won't prevent revenge when you fight properly in a double team, but you can keep it from triggering multiple times, have the guy down to less health when it does trigger, and actually kill them by using CC and actually taking the shield down.

over and over I watch entire teams wipe themselves by going ham on one guy. There is a serious learn to play issue going on here.

Zv1k0
02-23-2017, 09:39 PM
Just give us the option to play 4v4 modes with default gear only. Or only visual appearance without actuall stats. This way you can play who ever you like and level up without being at disadvantage.

fariic
02-23-2017, 09:44 PM
Just give us the option to play 4v4 modes with default gear only. Or only visual appearance without actuall stats. This way you can play who ever you like and level up without being at disadvantage.

Or you can learn how gear actually effects the hero outside of revenge.

Outside of revenge if you lose a fight, gear had nothing to do with it; you were just not as good.

Pope138
02-23-2017, 09:45 PM

I don't have a problem with stats, but I LOVE this suggestion. The game doesn't need gear stats. Let's take things back to old school where it was more about skill than hours played/loot grinded.

DrExtrem
02-23-2017, 09:46 PM
What's your current playtime? You're clearly dedicated to one hero mostly if you're that high already.

My playtime ... I have no idea but it is faulty, because the game often rubs in the background when I am doing housework etc.

You don't even need to be dedicated. Playing with one hero as the main char and not being screwed over by matchmaking has its benefits.

Zv1k0
02-23-2017, 09:55 PM
Or you can learn how gear actually effects the hero outside of revenge.

Outside of revenge if you lose a fight, gear had nothing to do with it; you were just not as good.

I dont have a problem with this so dont get me wrong...i just want 4v4 modes without gear...its a fighting game not some moba shiat or what is called...i consider this as typical fighting game such as MK, SF...its pointless to have gear in this games. Its about skill.
Anyway...with optional matchmaking setting everyone would be happy.

Munktor
02-23-2017, 10:04 PM
My playtime ... I have no idea but it is faulty, because the game often rubs in the background when I am doing housework etc.

You don't even need to be dedicated. Playing with one hero as the main char and not being screwed over by matchmaking has its benefits.

I'm not hating on you...just trying to get an average assessment of either # of matches, or hours played with 1 hero to hit Rep 3.

I've played the game for roughly 15 hours total in the last week and have 4 heroes at level 10ish (non reputation levels).

I feel like there is quite the time investment needed to hit Rep 3 with 1 hero, but other people make it "sound" like it's real quick. I'm guessing our relative ideas of "not long" and "long time" are quite different.

SirCorrino
02-23-2017, 10:45 PM
I'm not hating on you...just trying to get an average assessment of either # of matches, or hours played with 1 hero to hit Rep 3.

I've played the game for roughly 15 hours total in the last week and have 4 heroes at level 10ish (non reputation levels).

I feel like there is quite the time investment needed to hit Rep 3 with 1 hero, but other people make it "sound" like it's real quick. I'm guessing our relative ideas of "not long" and "long time" are quite different.

Depending on modes played and orders you get I'd estimate ~7-8 hours per rep level of active play time. Each rep level requires exactly the same amount of XP, there's no scaling so that higher reps take longer. So about 20-25 hours to get to rep 3 with one hero.

Gnarxly
02-23-2017, 10:59 PM
It's a fun mechanic. What will you guys cry about next?

Allyrion8
02-23-2017, 11:03 PM
I dont have a problem with this so dont get me wrong...i just want 4v4 modes without gear...its a fighting game not some moba shiat or what is called...i consider this as typical fighting game such as MK, SF...its pointless to have gear in this games. Its about skill.
Anyway...with optional matchmaking setting everyone would be happy.

Dominion is basically a MOBA.
The fighting game section of For Honor (Duels and Brawl) have gear disabled.

Not that I disagree. I like the idea of character customization and builds so that one player might be different from another despite being the same hero. But grinding gear through levels was an odd choice.

It feels like it's only there to make steel valuable and milk whales (people who spend a lot on micro). But then you can cap out at rep 3 so it seems silly.

Not to mention the revenge build seems to be the only one that makes a noticeable difference in stats. There's a huge disparity in how little the other stats affect and how much the revenge gain stats do.

But on paper, it wasn't that bad an idea since you zero out a stat to make up for another. That's just playstyle changes compared to better gear meaning you're superior.

rooflemonger
02-25-2017, 12:29 AM
It's a fun mechanic. What will you guys cry about next?

The mechanic is fine.

The fact that with the right gear you can get it in 2-3 blocked hits however, is not.

DitosX
03-04-2017, 09:25 PM
I totaly agree, Revenge is too powerful to have any bonuses from gear.

Just played a match aganst samurai who had revange gear, easyly revenged all the time and thanks to that he just killed 3 players like it was nothing.
If they dont want to remove it, give it a cooldown, like once every 40 seconds or so, Just seeing them hit through everything.
Also it seems to be assassins tactic often aswell, to get up their revenge gear and just live off from it.
There should definitely be sort of penalty on revenge.

Lionardudu
03-04-2017, 09:30 PM
The problem is that most of people dont know how treath the revenge... the key is disable.

Thats is the way where LB, Raider, warlord, conqueror,nobushi,warden kick in.

You have to keep the vengeance in condition to cant attack while assassin and heavy hitter kill him fast.

If you are all try to kill a blocking-areaspam hero in vengeance you die.

Its need a tweak ... maybe dont get it on 2 hit, but not too much ... or it become a simple gankfest, where the 2 team keep roaming toghether cause a 2v1 is a certain and fast death.

Try to keep a point when you cant defend aganst 2 player cause they can hit you on 2 different direction.

PKUSUB
03-04-2017, 09:34 PM
Naw, I think it's fine. It's the only thing that's saving my *** from ganks

Blackball8
03-04-2017, 09:38 PM
Revenge mode is fine. It's the light attack spammers and situationally unaware that have problems with revenge mode.

Black_Star300
03-04-2017, 09:47 PM
How about not gank? It's dumb you want it out when half of you are the reason it's in. I tried to not be one of the bankers but it's what everyone does so I do it to and I pay for it when I die by revenge. The more ppl the more revenge builds.

Also it's not a pay to win game. I've got 108 with no money spent and even got base standard edition of the game and no season pass so I had less crates than some.

KingClinhyde
03-04-2017, 11:02 PM
Revenge mode isnt fine when your gear build lets you get it so easily even just fighting 1 vs 1. And in a mode like dominion outnumering your opponents at the right time at the right place should be an important strategy. Now I actually prefer lone wolving in this team mode, just to prefent my opponents from getting revenge every 5 seconds. Revenge is a major boost. You become uninteruptible to normal attacks, get extra life and do extra damage. If youd put a boost like this in streetfighter, everybody would understand it to be ridicilous when fighting 1 vs 1. But for some reason( the reason is people like to win) some people keep supporting this super saiyan mechanic. It really slows down and dumbs down the gameplay. Only slow play is rewarded, wich makes a very one-sided boring meta. This game(and more importantly it's community) has a lot of growing to do.

Basic revenge mode is fine. When you get it in Brawl mode, it helps you out in a 1 vs 2. But the 2 fighters still have the bigger advantage, as it should be since they were able to kill your teammate.
In dominion it puts you at a stronger position than 2 opponents because you get even more damge and life than normal revenge mode, and you get it for a 2nd or 3rd of 4th time really fast.
When I get revenge mode with gear buffs and I kill 2 opponents, I dont even feel skillfull. Its just the win button I pressed. When I kill 2 opponents in Brawl with revenge, I feel great. Such a big difference.

Allyrion8
03-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Revenge is a major boost. You become uninteruptible to normal attacks, get extra life and do extra damage. If youd put a boost like this in streetfighter, everybody would understand it to be ridicilous when fighting 1 vs 1. But for some reason( the reason is people like to win) some people keep supporting this super saiyan mechanic. It really slows down and dumbs down the gameplay. Only slow play is rewarded, wich makes a very one-sided boring meta. This game(and more importantly it's community) has a lot of growing to do.

1) We'll the devs think of Revenge like SF's ultra.

2) I hope we never "grow" into a community that supports zerging enemies simply by spamming abilities which is basically what Revenge counters.

I didn't realize it's the younger crowd that prefers slower but more tactical approaches to combat while when we "grow" up we'll realize it's boring.

Your post is a parody of itself.

MOSS-Burningup
03-04-2017, 11:52 PM
Revenge is fine once you actually see the reasoning behind it. I used to agree with how the op feels...but not anymore as I got more experienced with the game and saw how battles played out in Elimination and Dominion.

This is more about salty people that are new to the game or a class begrudging people that have put time into one guy and are geared up.

In my opinion the game would be boring if they changed revenge too much because it makes last stand battles more interesting in game modes such as Dominion.

It also imo does effectively reduce ganking since going 2 on 1 can spell disaster for the initial guy that was maybe already winning the fight.

I've had people yell at me before that were fighting one on one for giving a guy revenge.

I actually agree with that I was in the wrong and for me this situation means it's working as intended. I've seen teams lose because they tried to 2 on 1 me so much. An experienced character can punish gankers...to me that = great.

The one thing I might agree on is the charge meter should go down faster after a 1 on 1 battle. What happens now is you can stumble upon a guy, you start a 1 on 1, and out of nowhere he pops revenge after the 2nd hit. It's because he had just fought someone and killed them and his meter was still half charged.

However I think even this should be a slight change I mean if you just killed a guy and someone starts pounding you the second afterwards...you deserve to get revenge imo.

KingClinhyde
03-05-2017, 12:09 AM
1) We'll the devs think of Revenge like SF's ultra.

2) I hope we never "grow" into a community that supports zerging enemies simply by spamming abilities which is basically what Revenge counters.

I didn't realize it's the younger crowd that prefers slower but more tactical approaches to combat while when we "grow" up we'll realize it's boring.

Your post is a parody of itself.

Revenge mode is indeed comparable to the ULTRA in streetfighter. The difference being that revenge mode is basically 3 ultras in 1 and you can build gear to make it even stronger than 3 ultras.
You can also get it when on full life and you can get it multiple times in a short time period. I really like what the "normal" revenge mode does for the game, but the "gear improved" revenge is bonkers.
Happily I just read a eurogamer article that showed the devs agree on this and are looking into the issue.

You can read it here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-03-for-honor-ubisoft-answers-the-big-questions

Revenge mode is not the only counter against multiple spammers. Positioning and the enviroment are very important tools in this matter. Fighting in a small hallway or near a ledge can really lower the offensive output a group of spammers can get on to you. When revenge mode is too strong, you dont need these elements, wich is what I meant with dumbing down the gameplay and strategy.
Why look around for a good trap or why call the help of a teammate or why tactically retreat when revenge mode can solve all your problems all the time always and forever?

I don't see how my post is a parody of itself. I just promote the possibility of variation of styles and tactics in a game. This makes a game deeper and more engaging on the long term, at least in my experience. Perhaps you felt offended by the word "growing" as you seem to interpret is as "growning up", it wasn't intended as an insult. I come from a streetfighter background where there already is a big community that has lasted for decades and has a strong understanding of the underlying gameplay of the game they love. Even in that community there are sometimes cries for buffs and/or nerfs for specific characters or mechaniks. But they are much fewer in number and better supported by arguments compared to the community of for honor. The community for for honor is so new and diverse. We all have different gaming backgrounds and different views on the game. It will take time for us and the devs to understand exactly what makes the game exciting to all of us, and what will make the game better for all of us. It is exciting to be part of of this, and interesting to see how this community will grow. Since I really fell in love with the game, I want to see it grow to a solid foundation that can support strong competitve play with possibilities for serious tournaments.

Sorry for the long post, and thx for reading if you did.

XeroTheBigBoss
03-05-2017, 01:30 AM
If you don't circle jerk your opponent they shouldn't get revenge. If they are getting revenge on 1v1 you need to stop feeding them blocks or learn to open them up and kill them faster.

Allyrion8
03-05-2017, 07:46 AM
Revenge mode is indeed comparable to the ULTRA in streetfighter. The difference being that revenge mode is basically 3 ultras in 1 and you can build gear to make it even stronger than 3 ultras.
You can also get it when on full life and you can get it multiple times in a short time period. I really like what the "normal" revenge mode does for the game, but the "gear improved" revenge is bonkers.
Happily I just read a eurogamer article that showed the devs agree on this and are looking into the issue.

You can read it here:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-03-for-honor-ubisoft-answers-the-big-questions

Revenge mode is not the only counter against multiple spammers. Positioning and the enviroment are very important tools in this matter. Fighting in a small hallway or near a ledge can really lower the offensive output a group of spammers can get on to you. When revenge mode is too strong, you dont need these elements, wich is what I meant with dumbing down the gameplay and strategy.
Why look around for a good trap or why call the help of a teammate or why tactically retreat when revenge mode can solve all your problems all the time always and forever?

I don't see how my post is a parody of itself. I just promote the possibility of variation of styles and tactics in a game. This makes a game deeper and more engaging on the long term, at least in my experience. Perhaps you felt offended by the word "growing" as you seem to interpret is as "growning up", it wasn't intended as an insult. I come from a streetfighter background where there already is a big community that has lasted for decades and has a strong understanding of the underlying gameplay of the game they love. Even in that community there are sometimes cries for buffs and/or nerfs for specific characters or mechaniks. But they are much fewer in number and better supported by arguments compared to the community of for honor. The community for for honor is so new and diverse. We all have different gaming backgrounds and different views on the game. It will take time for us and the devs to understand exactly what makes the game exciting to all of us, and what will make the game better for all of us. It is exciting to be part of of this, and interesting to see how this community will grow. Since I really fell in love with the game, I want to see it grow to a solid foundation that can support strong competitve play with possibilities for serious tournaments.

Sorry for the long post, and thx for reading if you did.

The eurogamer interview is the one I was talking about where they compared the ultra to revenge.

I apologize if I sounded dismissive but I strongly disagree with the result of what nerfing Revenge would do to the game.

Tactical retreating and using the environment is still important with Revenge because good teams will kill you if you don't find advantages other than Revenge. It is not enough if the enemies are competent or even just the same skill level as you (past a certain point).

Nerfing Revenge won't change that but what it will change is how you approach fighting one person. It simplifies the game more rather than making it more in-depth, because spamming is more forgiving.

Right now, you approach a single enemy carefully. You calculate disables, you decide whether attacking is worth it when they are attacking (feeding Revenge) and you find the right moments to gb in between. It's not that hard to counter Revenge but you have slow down and think out the situation.

Which is why I called your post a parody, which may have been too harsh. But you seemed dismissive of the community that supports Revenge, when I think Revenge is what keeps the game from being a spam fest in team fights. If Revenge can't keep you up as fast as people can spam attacks, then the best strategy to ganging up on someone is spamming till they die.

That kind of play should be punished. You have to think when approaching 1v1, you should have to think when doing team fights. If Revenge made all your attacks unblockable then it would simply gameplay and encourage spamming but a Revenge player can lose a lot of their advantage spamming anyone who can parry.

At a reasonable level of play, Revenge players and his enemies both can't spam but nerf Revenge and the group will easily have little reason to do anything but overwhelm the one player by zerging.

That's sloppy and doesn't feel like it belongs in this game (to me) when the pacing is so good in 1v1 that I feel Xv1 should be just as tactical and even-paced.

I can't argue with the devs and I don't think Revenge builds should help 1v1's as much as they do (which isn't that much but it happens). But I hope the result is reasonable so spamming isn't a thing which is the only thing nerfing Revenge will encourage.

teksuo1
03-05-2017, 07:48 AM
tbh it's pretty cool when everyone is max gear w/ revenge build ; just not so much when someone is trying to level a new class.

The feats are what bother me xD

pRo-Olowain
03-06-2017, 08:17 PM
Revenge is gamebraking atm.

u just need to block 2 hits against 2 and pop it!

than 2 hit people or even 1 hit if not on full health.

i cant see any kind of skill involved in this.

HAS TO BE REVIEWED from Ubisoft! im getting really frustrated and i guess im not the only one!

Although i play a revenge build with my valkyrie i think it is wrong the way it is atm.

Jarl.Felix
03-06-2017, 09:24 PM
I'll state it clear without hesitations.. whomever came with the idea of revenge is a ****** and should be fired. Period.

On high gear char if you HIT with 2 heavy and he gets a parry or something BANG revenge... even if HE ALREADY HAS REVENGE ACTIVATED :))

Felis_Menari
03-06-2017, 10:30 PM
Really, the main problem with revenge gear seems to be the rather high increase you can get over the base amount on revenge gains; perhaps damage as well. Defense seems like it might not be overly powerful...maybe.

Sky-Sweeper
03-06-2017, 10:39 PM
Normally I'd agree, but in a 4v1 situation it's really your only chance of standing up to a gank squad.

CarnivalLaw
03-06-2017, 10:42 PM
Agreed. The Revenge mechanic does not need reworking; it needs to go COMPLETELY.

It promotes cheap play and rewards poor decisions.

FirestormX5
03-06-2017, 10:43 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Revenge, its not because someone beats you with it, it has to be removed, you have to grind to get your gear then compete, I am sorry but this is just whining

Sky-Sweeper
03-06-2017, 10:45 PM
Agreed. The Revenge mechanic does not need reworking; it needs to go COMPLETELY.

It promotes cheap play and rewards poor decisions.

What? no it doesn't. It actually punishes poor decisions - because it only really builds up when the opponent is being targeted by multiple people - so it's their punishment for trying to outplay an opponent with numbers.

Hiero_Glyph
03-06-2017, 10:53 PM
Revenge mode is fine if you were not able to modify it at all from gear. In many cases the base Revenge doesn't give you much time to survive but it does give you a small window to react to the situation and either fight or run away. The only problem with Revenge is that you can use gear stats to make it obscene.

The gain rates are downright silly to the point that even attacking a 108 player in a 2v1 is just stupid. While I understand giving the outnumbered player some chance to fight they certainly should not gain the advantage in just a few hits.

The damage bonus is beyond ridiculous as you can 2-3 shot most players and since you have unlimited stamina you can spam zone attacks all day. The only counter to Revenge is waiting them out and playing defensively, but then there is Revenge duration too!

Remove all revenge stats from gear, replace it with things like throw resistance, stance change speed, etc. and there won't be a problem with Revenge.

Braegulfer
03-06-2017, 11:00 PM
My biggest problem is that it's the ONLY viable endgame build atm.