PDA

View Full Version : Knights Breaking! Rally the Troops!

Salt_Fist
02-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Our empire must not be the first to fall in the great war!

The samurai are pressing hard right now! 5 hours and new orders! Save our kingdom!

What we do echos in eternity!

teksuo1
02-23-2017, 10:41 AM
it's depressing ; had a huge session yesterday with TONS of assets deployed and knights still lost badly...

the system would be more fun if 1 player could feel the difference.. as it is it feels like i'm throwing a bucket of water onto a gigantic forest fire.

awolcz
02-23-2017, 10:49 AM
Correct. I lost interest in manually deploying war assets and even faction war itself when I saw absolutely no result of my own actions. Also, what is the point of winning a match when you see you are only knight in a team, while fighting three other knights in opposite team. From faction war point of view, it is better for me to loose the match. This is why whole system is not perfect and has some design flaws.

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 10:52 AM
it's depressing ; had a huge session yesterday with TONS of assets deployed and knights still lost badly...

the system would be more fun if 1 player could feel the difference.. as it is it feels like i'm throwing a bucket of water onto a gigantic forest fire.

Unfortunately, there is no way 1 player could feel the difference. Unless the one player was given some huge advantage over the rest of the player base. But, with thousands of players throwing their assets into the fight, feeling like you're making a difference will be hard to achieve. Just the nature of the beast.

Salt_Fist
02-23-2017, 12:10 PM
How many assets have you put up? I feel like I make a dent. I play a lot though! Over 600K assets deployed myself

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 12:15 PM
So far I've put in just under 300k. But I fight for the Samurai, not the Knights.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 12:16 PM
How many assets have you put up? I feel like I make a dent. I play a lot though! Over 600K assets deployed myself

I deployed around 500k for knights, I played all weekend

DrExtrem
02-23-2017, 12:19 PM
The faction war is flawed.

Players will flock ti the winners of the first instance and the loosing faction will more or less die out.

Dude_of_Valor
02-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Our empire must not be the first to fall in the great war!

The samurai are pressing hard right now! 5 hours and new orders! Save our kingdom!

What we do echos in eternity!

It looks like during the morning (GMT) the Samuari are winning but by the end of the day Knights have clawed back a lot of lost territory.

It is going to be a made push come Sunday, that is for sure!

Salt_Fist
02-23-2017, 12:24 PM
It looks like during the morning (GMT) the Samuari are winning but by the end of the day Knights have clawed back a lot of lost territory.

It is going to be a made push come Sunday, that is for sure!

Yeah it seems like a lot of people in the UK Play the knights people overseas and different time zones keyword is seems can't be for sure

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 12:24 PM

Players will flock ti the winners of the first instance and the loosing faction will more or less die out.

Well, according to my poll about which faction people are playing for, Knights are actually the most populous. I admit the sample size is only around 50, but it's something.

Ragnar---
02-23-2017, 01:17 PM
It doesn't matter what you guys click on. It's all predetermined haha.

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 01:20 PM
It doesn't matter what you guys click on. It's all predetermined haha.

How do you figure?

Ragnar---
02-23-2017, 01:24 PM
How do you figure?

Too many crutches for teams getting destroyed. Vikings were about to take the Samurai stronghold and the Samurai suddenly went super Saiyan and took back most of their lost land.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5vhwav/state_of_the_faction_war_deploying_assets_per/

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 01:35 PM
Too many crutches for teams getting destroyed. Vikings were about to take the Samurai stronghold and the Samurai suddenly went super Saiyan and took back most of their lost land.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5vhwav/state_of_the_faction_war_deploying_assets_per/

So, because the Vikings didn't take the Samurai stronghold, it is predetermined? And, you linking people wanting more rewards and a shorter season length shows that it is predetermined?

Ragnar---
02-23-2017, 01:39 PM
So, because the Vikings didn't take the Samurai stronghold, it is predetermined? And, you linking people wanting more rewards and a shorter season length shows that it is predetermined?

Unfortunately the OP seems to have deleted a few of his points. However a few stand with the 'It doesn't matter until the end like in beta' which is definitely true. What's the point in a 10 week season if it only matters on the final 6 hours or whatever. The previous 9 weeks+ were actually pointless.

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 01:48 PM
Unfortunately the OP seems to have deleted a few of his points. However a few stand with the 'It doesn't matter until the end like in beta' which is definitely true. What's the point in a 10 week season if it only matters on the final 6 hours or whatever. The previous 9 weeks+ were actually pointless.

I suppose. But, wouldn't that be true regardless if it's 10 of 4 weeks? The final push will be what determines the winner? Unless it were some sort of real time war, I think any length of time for the season would see the faction who pushes the hardest at the end as the winner.

ThisHermitGuy
02-23-2017, 01:54 PM
I joined the Knight faction and i will only be with the Knights ^_^. So i shall plant thy banner and for till the last!

Alchemist..
02-23-2017, 02:48 PM
Correct. I lost interest in manually deploying war assets and even faction war itself when I saw absolutely no result of my own actions. Also, what is the point of winning a match when you see you are only knight in a team, while fighting three other knights in opposite team. From faction war point of view, it is better for me to loose the match. This is why whole system is not perfect and has some design flaws.

Doesnt matter who you see vs you bc you can be in knight faction and play viking or samurai and every game mode let you play against different faction. Lets say now duel mode is beside knights and vikings territory so 1v1 and 2v2 is always agains vikings after update game modes changing place and duel is beside samurais and knights terrain so 1v1 and 2v2 is only vs samurais. Thats why even with 50k players you need wait so long for matchmaking firs pool is faction after game mode, region and lvl and thats why some low lvl guys nedd play vs high rep guys system just cant match every preference for every player. Sometimes most of online players might be vikings and game mode beside knights and samurais is hard to play etc. Not sure but its only logical way working for faction war. Sorry for my english.

Lord-Arion
02-23-2017, 03:19 PM
I have this sad feeling that the knights are going to get wiped out. We cant seem to hold on to anything our losses are far outweighing any gains we make.

Gotta give props to the samurai for waking up, though it may have shifted too far the other way if the vikings got nerfed since they collapsed so quickly and are now right here with the knights trying desperately not to be wiped out.

Maybe its just me, but knights dont even seem to be losing highly contested ground. We are getting wiped by massive margins. Are there no knights out there, or are we all just working?

WheepingSong
02-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Btw. What happens when a faction reaches another factions stronghold?

spawn10459
02-23-2017, 03:37 PM
this system is broken to hell and back. I played for 4 hrs last night and had 60% for 5 zones. turn was over and i lost every zone.

How the **** does that happen.

PR0P4NE
02-23-2017, 03:38 PM
I'm at work.

I'll be holding the line about 17.30 GMT for a couple of hours.

If you're not a knight, get off my lawn.

Lord-Arion
02-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Nothing happened when the vikings reached the samurai stronghold. Im not sure whether to he excited about seeing what happens or frustrated that my faction seems to have its war weighted with no middle ground.

Its either eradication or 11th hour comeback win. Doesnt make knights very appealing when vikes and sams can maintain 20-30+ and knights can barely hold 10-15 90% of the time. If it keeps being this extremely swingy for the knights we will die out due to it being unappealing to be a part of a faction that is so questionable in its war presence. Even if we pull out another comeback win the overtime appearance is so bleak that nobody is really going to be interested in joining us, and lacking any numbers we will just get perpetually stomped Lin Kuei style.

Kind of a grim future for the knights. If this is a way of punishing the knights for winning open beta does it end after this war, or do we get ganged up on for all eternity because the vikings felt cheated in open beta. We've had vikings on our doorstep twice and now the sams. I just hope that if we get wiped that the defeat will be the end of the "Screw the knights" campaign before it kills any desire of players to be a part of the knights because the vikes and sams team up to eradicate them before competing with each other.

YappysDaBeast
02-23-2017, 03:40 PM
This entire system is not balanced. Most people chose vikings because they won everything in the alpha's and beta's.
You don't even need to play as vikings once you've chosen them. You just pick what faction has the most players. (Vikings > Samuari > Knights)

They should of thought a lot harder about one sided factions and the less populated ones.

ThePollie
02-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Honestly, I can't bring myself to give a **** for the faction war. Why should I?

I should waste my time stressing over a glorified popularity contest and, for what, a ****ing loot box or two every season? I can play a few hours and buy several, anyway.

Lord-Arion
02-23-2017, 03:47 PM
I think its going to be a long phase of "Everyone crap on the knights because they won open beta" before vikings and sams feel justice has been sufficiently served.

Lord-Arion
02-23-2017, 03:55 PM
Indeed, but if thats going to be the mentality then knights are going to need some help to stay a viable faction to choose or they will die out as players decide getting kicked around like the nerdy kid on the playground and hoping for a one shot uppercut against the bully before you are knocked out cold isnt fun.

Lord-Arion
02-23-2017, 04:13 PM
I dont know about others but seeing ones faction being constantly smashed has a negative impact on the experience. When your faction feels non competitive (discounting comeback win as Im looking at general appearance) it makes those players either switch or stop playing. I dont understand why players just say join winning faction and collect rewards because it doesnt feel good for players who are truely loyal to their faction. I dont blame the deserters, nobody wants to play for the Cleveland Browns either.

Knights may have the open beta win but there is so much hate and vitrol about the subject that players probably fear getting hate mail just for being a knight and thus conform to the bandwagon of crapping on the knights for no intelligent reason. The faction war is always in your face, and seeing ones faction get endlessly curb stomped with only brief flickers of life more akin to a poor soul that doesnt know when stay down does nothing good for the game. Players should never feel like they chose wrong in deciding what faction to join.

spawn10459
02-23-2017, 04:14 PM
So, I don't believe those % are the current number based on assets. Assets do not get factored until the 6th hour. The 60% is showing how much you have from the start of this "wave."

What I mean is this, for example. At 4am EST, the regions are set and in zone x you have 60% but in zone y you have 45%. You put all of your assets on the zone x (60%) but will never see the number jump. Then, at 10am EST, when the regions are altered by the war assets, everyone's assets are factored and the new winners are shown. Then for the next 6 hours you place your assets and at the end of the 6 hours they are factored in.

So its random. so deploying your assets in 1 area is completely useless. is there an option to deploy every where?

Actually i think the faction war should be based on games won in the areas. Not war assets that you never know how much you have or don't have and is randomly calculated.

Pope138
02-23-2017, 04:18 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way 1 player could feel the difference. Unless the one player was given some huge advantage over the rest of the player base. But, with thousands of players throwing their assets into the fight, feeling like you're making a difference will be hard to achieve. Just the nature of the beast.

Yeah but, if you're deploying them at the end of each match you're likely going to deploy them to where they're needed most. Anyone else in your faction playing at the same time is likely to deploy them in the same area.
I mean, you aren't wrong, but think of it like voting. Your single vote may feel meaningless, but if enough people vote the same as you then your candidate wins the election. I just deploy my assets to the area that seems to make the most sense and I can tell others do too because after a match or two that area is usually safe and it's another territory that needs assets.

Pope138
02-23-2017, 04:28 PM
Knights may have the open beta win but there is so much hate and vitrol about the subject that players probably fear getting hate mail just for being a knight and thus conform to the bandwagon of crapping on the knights for no intelligent reason. The faction war is always in your face, and seeing ones faction get endlessly curb stomped with only brief flickers of life more akin to a poor soul that doesnt know when stay down does nothing good for the game. Players should never feel like they chose wrong in deciding what faction to join.

This sounds very overdramatic.
I haven't seen any "hate and vitriol." Link?
Hate mail? I find that extremely hard to believe.
I mean, if people are going to fall to pieces over their faction losing they shouldn't play these games and focus more on their crippling emotional problems.

I'm Viking. No amount of consecutive losses will ever make me change that.

Lord-Arion
02-23-2017, 04:32 PM
I dont personally recieve hate mail, but the amount of hate towards the knights after they won open beta is ridiciulous. Its like the vikings not going 3-0 has made everyone want to kick in the heads of the tin cans. Knights try to challenge the bs and they get git gud knights or you got a dev handout as a response. The community has kind of been crapping on the knights ever since.

Lord-Arion
02-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Also its not that people fall to pieces over it, but the unwavering bandwagon effect. Watch nfl fanbases sometimes. People are a fickle bunch and gaming fanbases are fickle tenfold. Its like the MKX Lin Kuei. They took the 1st then got crapped on for life. They are still crapped on even now. I dont want knights to go the same way. Let that happen and you may as well make the knights a non faction and just let vikes and sams go at it. I reiterate knights sit steadily at 10-18 territories all the time minus a couple upticks to 20-25 for a hot second. If we win another comeback style win the knights will he eradicated by the ensuing rage. This is why no faction can just be allowed to be just perpetually stomped and why I advocate so strongly for a rebalancing of the faction war. Win or lose the knights are screwed. We win and we get unending hate because mark my words vikes and sams will feel cheated again. We lose and we get crapped on because the devs werent holding our hands. This is why its got to be balanced and competitive for all three sides. Not 2/3 have a war while the third hopes not to get slaughtered in the crossfire and perhaps pull out a win aftet the other two have beaten eachother senseless.

Valtaya
02-23-2017, 05:22 PM
the whole faction war is BS

lets say we have only 8 players in total who play For Honor

5 Samurai
2 Vikings
1 Knight

now imagine they make a match and deploy warassets... even if the Knight is the best player in the match, he can not even match the 2 vikings in war assets accumulated, not speaking about the 5 samurai... and thats why the whole faction war is f*** up, Ubisoft is just ... *insert something here*

They do not account for the number of players in each faction... Ubisoft have to count with that.

In our scenario:
Knight war assets are multiplied by 5
Viking war assets are multiplied by 2.5
Samurai war assets are multiplied by 1

This way everthing is nice and even and it does not matter if a faction have like 5x more players then another one... of course we also have the problem with "players online"... so even if Samurai have 5x more members, it could still be, that at the same time there are only 3x more online and playing. So this distribution have to be distributed according to the playes currently online and playing.

Actualy, this is the only way how to make this work and quite normal, no idea why it is not in place. On the other hand, if such mechanic is in place, then I have no idea what is going on here... all reagions were even when I went off for night... when I returned 12 hours later, samurai had advanced 12 zones towards the knight castle, this would not be possible if a mechanic like described would be in place.

Also during active play... one can virtualy see how Samra Assets rise up... 48, after next round 49, next round 50... and I am like, what the heck is going on there. I can see two possiblities here...
1) Knights do not deploy war assets and thus loosing
2) Knights are online but do not play... but that can not be true, 80% of all players I encounter are knights.

Something I also noticed, I had the pleasure to be online and at the time of zone update... a few times now. Funny thing: when the war assets are accounted for and the zones change their ownner, they start with a fresh set of war assets, one would assume it is at 50:50 or 33:33:33 but nope... most zones Samurai fight on have like 10-20% more war assets already after an update then vikings and knights.... and vikings more then knights. Lets assume For Honor need to track war assets deployed to distribute the right reward when round/session is finished... so even after a zone update, all war assets are still in place and when at some region a faction had enough war assets to guarantee (ie) 20% they will hae it... but, if that is true, the faction with most members playing and thus contributing the most war assets, will always win.

Now, one could always argue "Well that is all nice, but in real life there were alwas nations wit superior man power". True, but, this is a game and as such need an even playing field and fair rules, to everyone. Ubisoft saw that already by teaming all factions together, where you can pick any hero from any faction just as you like. In a RL war this would not be possible... and thus we see Viking+Samurai+Knight in one team (and not just the hero, but the faction membership as well). Imagine how it would look like, if only Samurai could team up together... they would like never find a match because they are so many.

So, this whole faction war is a nice thing, but does it realy matter? To some yes, to some no. The question remain... what happens when the war is over.... after a round, after a season. They say a bonus is rewarded based on your war assets deployed... now, it does not matter how many war assets (ie) Samurai deployed, because the average Samurai have not deployed more then (ie) me. But, what if the reward is also based on the total war assets deoloyed by a faction... and then individualy? What if there is a bonus applied to the faction who actualy have the most zones under control after the end of a season? In this case they would get ahead even more.

Well no matter what, something have to be done. All the players who do not care about the war can be ruled out, and for anyone who does care, something have to be done. Right now I see no fairness, I just can not imagine why Samurai would accumulate that more war assets what allows them to win that much, except they realy have more playing members.

Pope138
02-23-2017, 05:25 PM
Also its not that people fall to pieces over it, but the unwavering bandwagon effect. Watch nfl fanbases sometimes. People are a fickle bunch and gaming fanbases are fickle tenfold. Its like the MKX Lin Kuei. They took the 1st then got crapped on for life. They are still crapped on even now. I dont want knights to go the same way. Let that happen and you may as well make the knights a non faction and just let vikes and sams go at it. I reiterate knights sit steadily at 10-18 territories all the time minus a couple upticks to 20-25 for a hot second. If we win another comeback style win the knights will he eradicated by the ensuing rage. This is why no faction can just be allowed to be just perpetually stomped and why I advocate so strongly for a rebalancing of the faction war. Win or lose the knights are screwed. We win and we get unending hate because mark my words vikes and sams will feel cheated again. We lose and we get crapped on because the devs werent holding our hands. This is why its got to be balanced and competitive for all three sides. Not 2/3 have a war while the third hopes not to get slaughtered in the crossfire and perhaps pull out a win aftet the other two have beaten eachother senseless.

Your post is my definition of "falling to pieces." I really don't think it's a big deal, I haven't seen all this hate you keep referencing, and if it does exist I don't think it's a big deal anyway.
This really comes off as crying over your faction losing.
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I'm a big jerk. I'm old and come from an age where losers didn't get trophies and safe spaces were called nurseries.

awolcz
02-23-2017, 05:48 PM
Doesnt matter who you see vs you bc you can be in knight faction and play viking or samurai and every game mode let you play against different faction. Lets say now duel mode is beside knights and vikings territory so 1v1 and 2v2 is always agains vikings after update game modes changing place and duel is beside samurais and knights terrain so 1v1 and 2v2 is only vs samurais. Thats why even with 50k players you need wait so long for matchmaking firs pool is faction after game mode, region and lvl and thats why some low lvl guys nedd play vs high rep guys system just cant match every preference for every player. Sometimes most of online players might be vikings and game mode beside knights and samurais is hard to play etc. Not sure but its only logical way working for faction war. Sorry for my english.

No, I'm not talking avout knight heroes but Knights by faction. I see their crests. Vikings have rounded emblem, samurais have rectangle and knights have crest. This is how I know that I play against other Knights (faction). And it happens, that I'm the only Knight in my team (Only crest emblem), while there are more Knights on opposite team (more crest). This is why it is better to loose the match from Faction War point of view, which is ridiculous. Is it more clear now?

Pope138
02-23-2017, 06:33 PM
The problem is we all payed 60 bucks so we should all get access to all our rewards, regardless of who wins. The beta was different as no money was put forward toward playing it so it was literally down to the competition, but this is now a60 dollar released title - for me not to have access to everything simply because my faction isn't winning a popularity contest doesn't feel right.

It's a contest. There will always be someone not winning. And if we give awards to everyone then why do it at all? It would be meaningless. Rewards from the faction war weren't covered by your initial purchase of the game. Faction war rewards are a bonus awarded for winning the faction war.
Seriously, this is just crying over belonging to the losing faction.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 06:36 PM
I'd like to see the penalty for switching factions be something like they do in Smite. Your previous clan gets to keep your "rewards" earned during your time there. Currently if you have a player who has put in 600,000 and chooses to switch factions, your faction loses 600,000 and the faction he switched to gets no penalty. Seems like a double negative to me. You lose the player and their work.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 06:37 PM
I hate losing more than anyone I know. My wife refuses to play board games with me because I'm such a competitive person. Please DO NOT give out awards to everyone. Please ... Please ... Please.

The problem is we all payed 60 bucks so we should all get access to all our rewards, regardless of who wins. The beta was different as no money was put forward toward playing it so it was literally down to the competition, but this is now a60 dollar released title - for me not to have access to everything simply because my faction isn't winning a popularity contest doesn't feel right.

Agent Talon
02-23-2017, 06:45 PM
We need a clan setup where we can see the overall assets of the clan as a whole. A single player will never see an impact of assets but a smaller subset (clan) could visibly make a difference. You wouldn't change to outcome it would just have a better feel or importance.

Valtaya
02-23-2017, 07:13 PM
We need a clan setup where we can see the overall assets of the clan as a whole. A single player will never see an impact of assets but a smaller subset (clan) could visibly make a difference. You wouldn't change to outcome it would just have a better feel or importance.

they should actualy change it from % to the actual #
this way anyone can see if the contribution is worth it or not
and it will change nothing, in a war you can see the assets of your faction anyway

Jynxx74
02-23-2017, 11:28 PM
A player's war assets should automatically go to the faction of the character class they played in a match and be evenly distributed.