PDA

View Full Version : All Assassins, jump on the band wagon.

C.E.TON
02-23-2017, 08:57 AM
I just played 7 games in a row and did a little population estimate. This game is currently at 64.931% assassins. There is always 2 on each team, and at times 3. So, i am now playing assassin as well, and loving it. If your not, fix yourself. There is a reason over half the game is.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 09:43 AM
I mained Lawbringer for a while but any time a warlord was in the match I would just get wrecked by him nearly every time I faced him. So I had to go back to my open beta main the berserker, and now I can handle any class.

I only lose when I run into more skilled players, not like when I had Lawbringer and even an average warlord could take me out. He's the one class I just couldnt figure out how to beat with LB.

DrinkinMyStella
02-23-2017, 09:49 AM
I can beat most assassins with my kensei, its how you play the game. assassins are quick but weak one heavy hit by a vanguard and half your health is gone. They will most likely nerf the assassins soon anyway like a stamina reduction but who knows. but i agree though, an assassin in the right hands is deadly.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 10:00 AM
I can beat most assassins with my kensei, its how you play the game. assassins are quick but weak one heavy hit by a vanguard and half your health is gone. They will most likely nerf the assassins soon anyway like a stamina reduction but who knows. but i agree though, an assassin in the right hands is deadly.

Like when you run into an actual good Orochi after fighting so many spammer Orochis. They can do so much more than dash and slash

Karma_Ghost
02-23-2017, 10:06 AM
7 games is too small of a sample size to mean anything.

teksuo1
02-23-2017, 10:11 AM
personaly, i don't understand why dominion aren't always 4pk vs 4 pk. That invisibility from ui perk is just too freaking good.

sometimes the whole enemy team will run right by me and not notice i'm there since i'm "hidden" among the soliders. FeelsGoodMan

*it works even better if you personalise your look to not include much of the team color (blue or orange). They get fooled everytime.

SJW_Kriegor
02-23-2017, 10:30 AM
If you're playing Elimination or Skirmish mode, you are severely impairing yourself by not playing an assassin as victory is decided by how fast you run. Running faster means fleeing as will (which makes you able to come back healed and buffed), taking the power-ups on the map (which are extremely powerful) and choosing your fights (so you can always be at a number advantage). A godlike Lawbringer cannot do much against a far less skilled peacekeeper he can't catch.
So for Elimination and Skirmish mode, population of assassins will slowly reach 80/90% at some point (when all players will realize how these mods are supposed to be played).

For Dominion, currently there is a huge number of assassins mainly because it's the easiest way to have a very good ratio. Since you can flee as will, you can escape death most of the time. However, Dominion is not about K/D ratio and a tank boosting a single zone for a majority of the match while doing 0 kill (only making his opponents flee from time to time) will bring much more to his team than an assassin doing nothing but cheap kills and a lot of running around. I have once completed a match with a total score above 600 and 0 kills/3 deaths while the 2nd biggest score in my team was just above 200 and the person with it had something like 6 kills 1 death. So opposite to Elimination and Skirmish mode, the proportion of assassins should slowly go down as players realize how you score and how each class gains renown. Especially if a competitive version arrives (without a competitive mode encouraging wins, the fight for K/D ratio may remain a strong focus).

For Duel and Brawl, it's just a matter of balance and experience. Currently a lot of players are playing assassins because : 1/ they look cool, 2/ they have dash attacks and can spam light attacks which is an easy way to play the game when you start. As experience grows, players will base their choices more around the current pro meta and their personal play style. I think the proportion of assassins should slowly go down to more like 30-35% in those mods.