PDA

View Full Version : What is with Animation Cancel/Attacks not Registering?

sinfulomnicide
02-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Ok serious question.

What is with the animation canceling in this game? Its so freaking busted.

There was one Berserker literally DESTROYING our entire team because he would attack with the left, BUT switch to right attack midway.

Meaning you get the prompt for right defense .4 seconds .4 seconds after the left defence popped up and about 8/10 times you will get struck.

This has literally been happening with almost every class.

I also fought a Nobushi whose attacks didn't even register a form to dodge. Nothing came up I just got smacked by the polearm.

So what is with all these animation cancels and attacks not registering?

Nyghtwolf007
02-23-2017, 08:59 AM
You cant feint your attacks. You start a heavy attack then press B on the controller. Not sure what the keyboard control is but you can then follow it up with an attack from any direction.

sinfulomnicide
02-23-2017, 09:11 AM
You cant feint your attacks. You start a heavy attack then press B on the controller. Not sure what the keyboard control is but you can then follow it up with an attack from any direction.

But it wasnt a feint. I was getting struck by both.
He'd attack with the left but the arm didn't do the full swing and I'd still get struck and then the right attack would come in and strike me faster since the animation was canceled.

Zv1k0
02-23-2017, 09:26 AM
Some attacks can also be soft feinted you know that right? These are very fast ones. It could also be a zone attack. If you press light attack slightly faster than heavy, then your opponent will se exactly whay you described. Arrow on one and right after on the other which is impossible to block if you dont know about it. I dont know if this is a bug or is it intended to be this way..

sinfulomnicide
02-23-2017, 11:46 AM
Some attacks can also be soft feinted you know that right? These are very fast ones. It could also be a zone attack. If you press light attack slightly faster than heavy, then your opponent will se exactly whay you described. Arrow on one and right after on the other which is impossible to block if you dont know about it. I dont know if this is a bug or is it intended to be this way..

Its defintely a bug.

Because even the Shugoki can get attacks that dont even show any directional input AND they can Phantom strike you (as in hit you twice) with the heavy attack. The first hit is invisible stuns you and then you get struck by the actual hit and it does 90% of your HP.