PDA

View Full Version : why isn't stance change instantaneous for all classes?

Fibrillous
02-23-2017, 07:12 AM
I don't see the point in having it not be instantaneous, or at least the same across the board, for all classes. Has this ever been brought up by the devs before during the alpha/beta/release?

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 07:49 AM
We can only speculate why, I don't think they've ever confirmed anything about it so far.

I assume it's because heavier/larger weapons would naturally take more time to move around? I dunno, it's hard to guess without 100% confirmation of anything.

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 08:01 AM
As a lawbringer, I can safely say his guard stance change speed is much slower than say a conqueror. Shielded classes seem to have the fastest guard adjustment speeds, which while making sense, does imbalance them quite a bit. Not only do they change guard stance quicker, they also recover from their guard 'stun' much faster than any other class, which is why combos done on them by anyone other than an assassin are ineffective.

I actually have a forum on the subject in the feedback thread here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1586939-Remove-the-stun-effect-on-guard-OR-make-every-class-have-the-same-guard-speeds

I'm not denying it exists, but we don't really have any idea if it's intended or will be looked at until Ubi says something unfortunately.

r4ptorr
02-23-2017, 08:07 AM
I really think that guard stance change should be the same for all classes, so it becomes more of a game of skill and reaction, not a game of OP classes. I am pretty positive that it was like that during closed beta, because the gameplay was so fluid then.. If you react, you block. I mean "The strongest warriors" my ***, if they can't even react as fast as some nerd behind a computer..

I wish they actually reverted the defence mechanics to how it was during closed beta.. At least it was fun and challenging. Now it's only which class is faster. And it is really annoying when you see an incoming attack, you block it, but the hero you play is somehow slower than you and fails to react. This should not happen in such a game.