PDA

View Full Version : Much Needed Tweaks

CF_Xherra
02-23-2017, 07:03 AM
The Valk got a nice buff which I am unsure if they needed. I am not opposed to it. I haven't noticed it to be a problem as I never saw too many. Probably for a reason though. The shield buddies got that fix in which means they are more defensive again. The conqueror definitely didn't need any buffs going on with that triple charge combo thats is very unreasonable and just spam. The Peacekeeper got a change that has turned into more damage. Did they not hear people raging about them in beta? They really didnt need any more help. Now what about the Lawbringer?

The Lawbringers main damage is parry into a quick light for damage and landing a grab with a light or throw into a wall for a heavy. Most just resort to cliff throwing the whole match which is bad design. Skilled players will counter GB. A skilled player wont be hit by a the unbreakable heavy after a parry. Throwing out our slow attacks will murder us with parries. Our charges are EXTREMELY predictable and led to us getting hit hard. We have very slow and unrewarding hits. If I land a heavy attack, it does lackluster damage. Its tough enough to get one off against SKILLED players. it comes down to me trying to feint and trick a grab for a quick hit. Skilled players will instantly GB. My damage relies off parries at that point. A skilled player will feint and parry me. Then Im screwed. Not to mention my stamina pool is garbage.

A raider, shogoki, etc will knock out 1/3 of your hp in one heavy. The raider has faster heavies. The Shogoki has a huge toolkit to help themselves land hits. Lawbringers are very slow and if they hit a heavy, grats we did very little damage. If I land a heavy against an assassin type, I should do a huge chunk, they barely flinch.

TLDR: Lawbringer toolkit is weak and need a buff.

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 07:19 AM
The Valk got a nice buff which I am unsure if they needed. I am not opposed to it. I haven't noticed it to be a problem as I never saw too many. Probably for a reason though. The shield buddies got that fix in which means they are more defensive again. The conqueror definitely didn't need any buffs going on with that triple charge combo thats is very unreasonable and just spam. The Peacekeeper got a change that has turned into more damage. Did they not hear people raging about them in beta? They really didnt need any more help. Now what about the Lawbringer?

The Lawbringers main damage is parry into a quick light for damage and landing a grab with a light or throw into a wall for a heavy. Most just resort to cliff throwing the whole match which is bad design. Skilled players will counter GB. A skilled player wont be hit by a the unbreakable heavy after a parry. Throwing out our slow attacks will murder us with parries. Our charges are EXTREMELY predictable and led to us getting hit hard. We have very slow and unrewarding hits. If I land a heavy attack, it does lackluster damage. Its tough enough to get one off against SKILLED players. it comes down to me trying to feint and trick a grab for a quick hit. Skilled players will instantly GB. My damage relies off parries at that point. A skilled player will feint and parry me. Then Im screwed. Not to mention my stamina pool is garbage.

A raider, shogoki, etc will knock out 1/3 of your hp in one heavy. The raider has faster heavies. The Shogoki has a huge toolkit to help themselves land hits. Lawbringers are very slow and if they hit a heavy, grats we did very little damage. If I land a heavy against an assassin type, I should do a huge chunk, they barely flinch.

TLDR: Lawbringer toolkit is weak and need a buff.

Raider has the slowest heavies in the game, and can't land one out of a guardbreak whereas you can.

I don't disagree, really, but at the same time I absolutely HATE fighting Lawbringers because they're so passive and defensive. Same reason I hate fighting Orochi and Warden, lately. They just wait until you move, and throw something out randomly.

CF_Xherra
02-23-2017, 07:24 AM
I was unsure if the heavies were faster or not with the Raider. Seems like his overhead is reasonable. If he hits an overhead though. Its hurts a LOT. Lawbringers overhead hits for nothing.We have to not throw out attacks or we get parried. We have to hope for grabs that actually go through.

m0u-1337
02-23-2017, 07:24 AM
Raider has hard hitting heavies, but hitting them against a skilled player is nearly impossible. All you can do is GB over and over to let the opponent lose his stamina and throw the enemy (if anyhow possible) to the ground to land a heavy and MAYBE a unblockable (which is in fact blockable..)

The Lawbringer is quite fine in my opinion, im having some serious troubles against players who know what to do.

On the other hand, kensai, pk and oroshi are nearly impossible to win against.

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 07:26 AM
Against anyone who has played for a little, a Raider won't be able to do much, for a lot of reasons. His heavies are slow, his stamina is trash, and one of his primary tools is an unblockable that is easily parried/dodged and does less damage than a standard heavy for half of his stamina.

That said, Lawbringer seems to play a lot around parries and feints. He seems to have more of a reactive playstyle in general, maybe it's just not the playstyle for you? I don't doubt he does need looked at, however.