PDA

View Full Version : This player-made "code of honor" needs to end for the game's good !!

m3gas_
02-23-2017, 07:01 AM
Really all this "If you do ANYTHING else other than fight 1v1 to the death you suck" bulls*it in 4v4 modes is beginning to push me away from the game as a whole and many many other people also it seems, as every time i bring this up in game chat at least 2 players agree with me. This needs to end !!
I get it in 1v3 situations and such but I've never had a SINGLE 4v4 match where if I decide not to fight with like 1hp left and try to use the assets of the maps instead, I don't get trash talked in chat as if i use cheats...
And thing is no one even knows why they do this "honor code" thing in 4v4 modes. Guess what the answer is literally every time i ask them why they play 4v4 instead of duel? "So I get to... kill more people...". Really? You play 4v4 modes to win your duel and then wait to MAYBE get another duel in the round?!
The most fun I've had with this game is when I get to low health and still manage to get on top of the round by some means provided by the mechanics. But nooo... I'm a C!O!W!A!R!D! then...
Seriously if this s*it doesn't stop I can see the active player base dropping as a direct effect of the other player's gameplay "expectations" in like a month or two...

m0u-1337
02-23-2017, 07:07 AM
And who forces you to play that way? Idc about it anymore. I go in 2vs1, 3vs1, doesnt matter. i wanna win no matter the way i win.

FailOfHDDVD
02-23-2017, 07:24 AM
tell them to play 1v1 if they want "1v1" lol

m3gas_
02-23-2017, 07:28 AM
tell them to play 1v1 if they want "1v1" lol

That's the thing dude. EVERY single time I ask them why they play 4v4 modes and want clean 1v1 fights they are not sure what to answer me and it furstrates me even more...

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 07:30 AM
Why do you care? Seriously, if someone is complaining at you, IGNORE THEM it's not that hard. I like 1v1 honor duels, but I'd never complain about it in 4v4s simply because that's the kind of gamemode it is.

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 07:30 AM
Shut off chat and play the way you want to play.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 07:37 AM
Shut off chat and play the way you want to play.

Number one solution.

FailOfHDDVD
02-23-2017, 07:40 AM
That's the thing dude. EVERY single time I ask them why they play 4v4 modes and want clean 1v1 fights they are not sure what to answer me and it furstrates me even more...

tell them it's 4v4 team game and if they want duel, go play 1v1 duel game mode.
There's no honor in seeing your comrade die without your help.

m3gas_
02-23-2017, 07:42 AM
If it was a salt-fest game like League of Legends I'd get what what you guys are suggesting. But in a game with such fine mechanics where you almost 100% of the time die by your own fault gameplay it feels so wrong to just stray from the in-game community and just do "your thing"...

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 07:51 AM
If it was a salt-fest game like League of Legends I'd get what what you guys are suggesting. But in a game with such fine mechanics where you almost 100% of the time die by your own fault gameplay it feels so wrong to just stray from the in-game community and just do "your thing"...

It's exactly what you just described. A Salt-fest. Very few people like to admit that it's their fault they lost, rather than something outside of their control like "Honour" or "lag" or whatever.

Just shut off the chat if it gets to you, is the best solution offered.

Nyghtwolf007
02-23-2017, 08:01 AM
The problem arises when your team gangs up on you and tk you and then they call to report you because you try to gang up on the last guy. Both of which has happened to me.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 10:03 AM
In 4v4 people sometimes I feel like I'm playng against true samurais,they want to win at any cost.Play how you want,just don't cry when I run for 3 mins to avoid a xv1 situation.Gankers that dare to hate mail someone are truly hilarious.

Aarpian
02-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Only things that annoy me are people running away at the start of elim to grab powerups and gank someone, and people running away from a 4v1 until the timer runs out so they can lose anyway, and both of these things are ubisoft's fault for facilitating.

teksuo1
02-23-2017, 10:28 AM
it's toxic, cancerous, whatever bad word you want to insert here...

i can't throw anyone off a ledge without someone yelling NO HONOR. i can't help an almost dead teammate because NO HONOR!!

i could win by taking this point A but i'm just gonna look at the honorable duel while the point is contested and not gathering any points... FOR HONOR!! right...

i found the post questionnable in itself ; but the fact that it got stickied baffles me.

*most of the time being "honorable" within the rules of that sticky means you;re being dishonorable towards your own team.

it's called "for honor", not "turning the other cheek."

falkerk
02-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Nothing better then fighting three at a time and winning

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Why do you guys let it get to you? In that sticky it says multiple times it's not a guideline to all players, only if you wish yo follow it, it also says if you want to follow it, you can't call others out for not following it.

I had players do this honorable thing when there was 3 of us to one of them left, they wouldn't help me attack him, so after a pretty goid fight he did beat me, then beat our lawbringer, then beat our other player. So dumb when you could easily 3v1 him.

teksuo1
02-23-2017, 10:53 AM
Why do you guys let it get to you? In that sticky it says multiple times it's not a guideline to all players, only if you wish yo follow it, it also says if you want to follow it, you can't call others out for not following it.

I had players do this honorable thing when there was 3 of us to one of them left, they wouldn't help me attack him, so after a pretty goid fight he did beat me, then beat our lawbringer, then beat our other player. So dumb when you could easily 3v1 him.

that's the problem, people read this sticky and forget about the part where you can't call others for it.

m3gas_
02-23-2017, 10:58 AM

I have nothing against the sticky thread. And I'm all for not ganging up 3v1 and stuff (albeit most situations like this end with the "next" warrior just cleanng house in 2 seconds, which is even worse than waiting). But stuff like I'm REQUIRED to stay in my match up until one of us dies or to not (God forbid) pick up a shield power-up or or use enviroment kill even if it wasn't the plan, or I'm "noob", "no honor", "scrub" and stuff, rubs me in the really wrong way

x LethalNoodle
02-23-2017, 11:03 AM
Once again people don't seem to grasp the basics of the honorable or the to-win playstyle. It isn't ranked. It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, whether you play honorable or not. The fact is that you can only play the way YOU like. Nobody has any right to tell YOU how to play the game, nor do you have any right to play others how to play the game.

If some people want to play honorable because -they- enjoy that, then let them. If they want to moan about in chat, simply tell them they have no right to decide how people should play and ignore them.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 11:07 AM
I have nothing against the sticky thread. And I'm all for not ganging up 3v1 and stuff (albeit most situations like this end with the "next" warrior just cleanng house in 2 seconds, which is even worse than waiting). But stuff like I'm REQUIRED to stay in my match up until one of us dies or to not (God forbid) pick up a shield power-up or or use enviroment kill even if it wasn't the plan, or I'm "noob", "no honor", "scrub" and stuff, rubs me in the really wrong way

I like fighting 2v1, I call people scrubs who run from a 1v1, not guys who gang up on me lol

Mad-Tommo
02-23-2017, 11:15 AM
I made a Poll about getting rid of that sticky.The Poll still has 6 days to run go vote!:mad:Tommo
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1586043-Get-Rid-of-quot-The-Duelist-Code-of-Honor-quot-Sticky

Stanislav2233
02-23-2017, 11:57 AM
This "HONOR" idea will ruin the game.

GIVE THOSE WHO LOVE "HONOR DUELS" TOURNAMENT MODE SO THEY DON'T FEEL LONELY IN 1x1 MODE AND STOP RUINING THE GAME!!

1. If you want a duel -> go 1x1 mode.
2. Brawl and Elimination modes are named like that FOR REASON. These are team modes where the smartest and сunning win! These are not duels! If there will be only duels in all modes it will be BORING and people leave! Gameplay must be different to stay interesting for a long time!
3. If you say you have nothing to loose you are WRONG!
People LOVE when their team WINS! And being a BAD team member makes your team LOOSE and makes your teammates UNHAPPY.
4. Many people complain that DEFENSIVE gameplay is too strong! Devs gave you perfect solution for that!
What team usually wins? The one that stays together and go for objectives!

When you play 2x2 your goal is NOT to play defensive duels. but beat your opponent FAST and finish the rest opp 2vs1. Or they will do this against YOU! It's made to play offensive!

When you play 4x4 you goal is to play AS A TEAM! Beat your opponents fast to capture points (offensive gameplay)! Do NOT run after running off opponents - capture points! Stay alive and capture points! Play as a TEAM and OUTSMART your opponents!

5. Think about playing shooters, basketball, WoW Arena 2x2 or battleground or any other team game AS HONORABLE DUELS. That's ridiculous!

neogeo___
02-23-2017, 12:04 PM
Once upon a time I was playing Elimination in Citadel Gate, the score was 2-2, and while my Shugoki was still fighting his initial opponent the rest of his team had been defeated leaving the Hero to be, Shugoki vastly outnumbered.

As the rest of Shugoki's opponent's rushed to aid their ally in a fight that was clearly lost, the enemy ran off to get a health boost, allowing the Shugoki to get a sprint boost the was closer.
The team flocked and surrounded the Shugoki, but he quickly spotted a downed teammate that could be brought back to the fight over on what would be C objective in a Dominion match, so he rushed to take the upper path and attempt to even the number, if only slightly.
The enemy team realizing what was about to happen foolishly followed the mighty Shugoki in an attempt to stop him from aiding his comrade in arms. But little did they know the Shugoki was wise and had already laid a plan into motion, as they reached the plankes and had nowhere to go they realized their greediness would be their downfall. Charging with his Oni might came the brave Shugoki, and tumbling down went each and every enemy warrior.

The fight was over, the battle was won and the Shugoki became known as the Oni Legend of the East.

He was called a coward, he was called OP, but knowing very well he is far from it and probably the worst char in game atm he laughed and basked in the salty tears the enemy would afford him. Glorious was the day and fitting was the NaCl.

___

So you see, the game and it's players call for lack of honor wherever they see fit. Many of those that argue not having a problem in ganging up are the first ones to rage out saying that throwing the opponent off the map is dishonorable.

They play as an assassin and force a char with a hard counter and needing of space to manage his move set and effectively counter an assassin into a corner, denying him the environmental and attempting to bore them to death or kill them from old age. Many times has the mighty Shugoki and his brethren witnessed this.

Honestly, if the main argument in this thread is to let ppl gang up as they please because it's part of the game... Then let ppl organize themselves and have their "honorable" way of fighting among themselves. Random lobbies will be the same, so it really doesn't affect you. Live and let live is pretty much the argument being used here, realize that is a 2 way street.

Honestly seems like the ppl trying to shush the others feel cheap playing that way and don't like to be reminded of it.

Personally I enjoy duels the most because gear stats don't matter, the fights are way more elaborate and I know that both me and the enemy only have ourselves to rely on and worry about. If I go into a 4v4 match, specially elimination I already know what to expect, still it feels silly that the option to run off as soon as the round starts to gang up on someone is so easy to do and hard to counter, it often happens when the opponent already dealt with you the round before and knows he is beat. Boosts should start the match on cooldown for they are a huge help and may very well determine the fight.

Anyway, you do your thing, they will do theirs.

Ulfhedinn_.
02-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Regardless of honour or any in-game etiquette, I just find skill becomes completely irrelevant once a third or fourth player enters a fight, which leads me to get very frustrated. For example, my teammate breaks the guard-break I applied to my enemy with a light attack, then gets blocked and activates the enemy's revenge mode, when I could've easily just finished off the opponent on my own. The opponent gets lucky that my derp teammate ganged up on him and ruined any and all progress I'd made in that fight.

I HATE anything other than 1v1, simply because I hate the chaos and randomness involved; I much prefer a 'winner stays on' scenario, where skill is the deciding factor in who wins or loses.

NeoVidia
02-23-2017, 12:18 PM
IMO
1v1 have an actual fight. GB spamming someone off a cliff is cheesy and IMO unskilled, but not forbidden. But don't whine if you try it and get killed yourself.

2v2 I treat it as a co-op 1v1 seeing as I play a lot with friends we let each other finish duels. We don't instigate 2v1's. but if they want to, where not "above" it.

4v4 anything goes. you engage me 3v1 and expect me not to shove someone off? GTFO. Way to chaotic to ask for a duel.

Although in fairness, I see a lot of people on the forum saying people ask for 1v1's in a 4v4 game mode. And in my experience haven't had that a lot. Can only remember one because I loved the banter.

Peanut-uk
02-23-2017, 12:58 PM
This honour code is ridiculous. Not because it's not honourable. It is.

People who follow it? Good for them. I don't follow it exactly but I have my own. My problem with it, is when people complain about it, and then decide to do the same to other people.
It's like saying "Well someone murdered my brother so it's ok for me to murder someone elses brother because someone did it to me first. " That's not how honour works!

If you want to be honourable, BE honourable, and stick to your principles even when other people don't. That's the honourable thing to do. Don't complain that other people don't follow your code. It's your code and your honour. A private thing for you.

tl;dr Walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

buff_Nobushi
02-23-2017, 02:13 PM
I really don't get the problem with the sticky tho. What's the matter? Nobody forces you to play that way, you can if you want to. It's literally written there.

KuroFurukou
02-23-2017, 02:18 PM
OP doesn't seem to realise that going 2 vs 1 is the best way to give the opponent OP revenge mode and having him slaughtering the team.

It's not even about honor, it's about not giving the opponent an OP power-up that make him invincible.

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 02:25 PM
OP doesn't seem to realise that going 2 vs 1 is the best way to give the opponent OP revenge mode and having him slaughtering the team.

It's not even about honor, it's about not giving the opponent an OP power-up that make him invincible.

You're not playing your 2v1s right then.

EmeraldCthulhu
02-23-2017, 02:25 PM
Does anyone really care about that silly code? I wouldn't notice in game.

Not to mantion the simple fact that it's a forum thing. I hang around here and didn't bother to read it. I would even assume that more than 90% players don't care enought to visit the forums, not to mention taking some "code" serioulsy.

BTW - when I was a kid, we used to play Starcraft with friend in a internett cafe, and we had a rule that we will not attack each other for 10 minutes, so that everyone can build a base. This "code of honor" reminds me of that - doesn't make any sanse and makes the game simply worse.

KuroFurukou
02-23-2017, 02:30 PM
You're not playing your 2v1s right then.

What's that 12 years old answer? Seriously dude what the heck is that ****ty answer?

An opponent only need to block the hit from both guy and it's so easy. You can have your revenge mode in about 1 second when the guy in front of you spam the attack.
Jeez I stopped counting the duo I destroyed that way.

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 02:34 PM
What's that 12 years old answer? Seriously dude what the heck is that ****ty answer?

An opponent only need to block the hit from both guy and it's so easy. You can have your revenge mode in about 1 second when the guy in front of you spam the attack.
Jeez I stopped counting the duo I destroyed that way.

Do you like to belittle everything you don't understand? Of course it's easily possible to kill clueless spammers in 1v2, but if the enemies don't attack you into the blocks and parries and instead find openers like when you attack and guardbreak + both follow up with an attack you while you're helpless, they can easily stomp you. So yes, you're not playing your 2v1s right. Next time, either just ask about something you don't understand or if you really want to try to insult somebody, try starting with yourself.

Felis_Menari
02-23-2017, 02:38 PM
I tend to be ruthless, but if an enemy lets me 1v1 their partner in a brawl match, I feel inclined return the gesture. Hell, I actually ended up standing by in several brawl matches earlier; some of our opponents seemed so green that it would be like clubbing baby seals if I joined in. If my partner called for an assist though, I wasn't going to leave him hanging.

KuroFurukou
02-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Do you like to belittle everything you don't understand? Of course it's easily possible to kill clueless spammers in 1v2, but if the enemies don't attack you into the blocks and parries and instead find openers like when you attack and guardbreak + both follow up with an attack you while you're helpless, they can easily stomp you. So yes, you're not playing your 2v1s right. Next time, either just ask about something you don't understand or if you really want to try to insult somebody, try starting with yourself.

You really think I'm dumb enought to throw attack if I'm at a disadvantage?
When it's the case, I just block and get my revenge mode. Always ready to counter guard break and god it's easy now.

A good guy in a 1 vs 2 never attack, he only defend.
But apparently you don't get it.

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 02:44 PM
You really think I'm dumb enought to throw attack if I'm at a disadvantage?
When it's the case, I just block and get my revenge mode. Always ready to counter guard break and god it's easy now.

A good guy in a 1 vs 2 never attack, he only defend.
But apparently you don't get it.

You're like completely unable to have a conversation without attempting to belittle your opponent's cognitive abilities? Why do you feel the need to add "you're an idiot" in different forms and shapes in every single message?

Also when you're countering the guardbreak, you're not defending, so even in the best case scenario there'll be free attacks your opponents will land. And you having revenge is not the end of the world either, as if they just keep sticking to the same strategy they'll keep bruising you down to 0 hp.

AKDagriZ
02-23-2017, 02:47 PM
this whole honor thing . Ubi have to step out and remember why they created a brawl mode ( not 2v2 duel ) and why the revenge system work so well when you are outnumebered

KuroFurukou
02-23-2017, 02:52 PM
You're like completely unable to have a conversation without attempting to belittle your opponent's cognitive abilities? Why do you feel the need to add "you're an idiot" in different forms and shapes in every single message?

Say the guy who is basicly telling "git gud" in differents forms and shapes toward a guy that win most of his 2 vs 1.

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 03:00 PM
Say the guy who is basicly telling "git gud" in differents forms and shapes toward a guy that win most of his 2 vs 1.

You really need to manage your butthurt levels.
1) You were talking about winning most of the 1v2's, not 2v1's. I told you that you should be good at 2v1's as the side with 2 players also.
2) Any advice can be taken as "git gud", no matter how constructive. The problem is that you showed the signs of not knowing what the 2 players are capable of doing when they play it right, so I basically told you "git gud" to refer you to that fact and to maybe so that you'd analyze the 2v1's a bit better from the 2 players' perspective, not just as a guy who 1v2'd enough scrubs who just spammed attacks. Meanwhile, I haven't showed a single sign of either immaturity or low mental capabilities that you've hinted to, so your remarks, unlike my "git gud", were out of place.