PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Understand reasoning behind gear and revenge

J0wn3d
02-23-2017, 06:41 AM
So, they introduced revenge as a mechanic to overpower multiple opponents fighting against one. So let's agree that it's an intentionally overpowered mechanic introduced out of necessity in a situation where you would otherwise be too weak to win. Why would they then give you the option to have your gear increase the power and effectiveness of this overpowered feature? I don't see a reason to run anything but high revenge attack and gain. Just take a couple of blows, auto party on activation, take the guys health down to half in a single blow. We also need a better system for matchmaking. Searching with 3's makes it impossible to find a game, and I'm tired of being placed against Rep 3+ heroes with 70 plus gear scores just because I have one character who's Rep 1.

Tl;dr
Gear shouldn't make revenge stronger and better, and the matchmaking needs to somehow fix the ridiculous gear deficit you can find yourself in.

Toast_Addict
02-23-2017, 07:14 AM
Tl;dr
Gear shouldn't make revenge stronger and better, and the matchmaking needs to somehow fix the ridiculous gear deficit you can find yourself in.

Ok your Rep 1...... how much more powerful is your 40 gear score than 0 gear score players...... very little. Same with max gear score. I swear those sliders are snake oil and everyone is getting bent outta shape about it.

YOGZULA
02-23-2017, 07:17 AM
Ok your Rep 1...... how much more powerful is your 40 gear score than 0 gear score players...... very little. Same with max gear score. I swear those sliders are snake oil and everyone is getting bent outta shape about it.

I got 2v1'd today on my warlord with no prestige levels or gear. One of the enemies 2v1ing me got revenge before I did.

I think you're very confused about how impactful gear is

FailOfHDDVD
02-23-2017, 07:22 AM

Not when you have item revenge gain on max.
You can hit enemy 3 times and get them down to 10% HP, and then see them use revenge to kill you.

Viktorius_III
02-23-2017, 07:22 AM
Since you havent play that much let me tell you:
rep3 and above will destroy you, no matter how much revenge you get. At least if they are the least bit organized. One will gb you which, even when countered puts you in 0.3 sec of not beeing able to block or parry. Then you get free dmg and repeat. In a 3v1 you cant do anything because even if you get revenge and are throwing down 2 of them, the third will just "use" your time by continuosly gb you and therefor waisting your precious revenge time!

Gnarxly
02-23-2017, 07:39 AM

Yep.
People rage when loosing, they feel the need to blame something. Something that isn't their own fault. Which would be any unfair advantage they can grasp of, but certainly not their own lack of knowledge and skill. The fun part is the whole game (4v4 especially) is made of unfair situations. No matter how much anything gets changed, these players will always have something to complain about,

J0wn3d
02-23-2017, 08:51 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5v8r5h/just_a_bit_of_information_on_gear_for_those_still/

whirly5
02-23-2017, 09:13 AM

you're utterly wrong. gear is king in 4v4. rep 3 revenge builds are unkillable one shot monsters when played with a little skill. I am rep 4 and consider this completely broken, up to the point where 4v4 is no fun for me anymore, because I have to use my high level class or I lose.
the fact that you keep your feats when you die is unfair.
the fact that you easily get revenge in a 1v1 with heroic gear is unfair.
ubi lied to us when saying that it's not pay to win. you hardly get any heroic gear by playing and you can be sure that any rep 3 gearscore 108 opponent you see has bought steel. most good people that I play with are very frustrated with the game and it is a shame that ubi wrecked this beautiful game with such bad decisions. I can only hope that they react and do something about it FAST.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 09:47 AM

When I got my purple gear from rep 3 with my LB I noticed a huge difference in damage and stamina costs, I could hit harder and fight longer before getting gassed. Good gear is no joke if you know how to set it up.

EmeraldCthulhu
02-23-2017, 10:05 AM
I find it very sad that the 4v4 modes actually get much worse the more gear everyone have. The games were very cool in the beginning, with some BS, but you cool look past it. Now I'm either fighting guys that pop revenge every 3 seconds and walk forward like terminators, or just spam stupid, "completely balanced" fireballs and airstrikes.

There has always been some chees in those modes, I understand, but all gear does is allowe you to push cheese hard and break the game. Why would you ever try to balance your game and than put a basic mechanic to allow the players to throw the balance out of the window? To sell steel I guess.

Aarpian
02-23-2017, 10:18 AM
The reason behind gear?
No doubt some idiot suit told them to put it in because they thought trying to turn the game into a skinner box would make it more successful. If that person/persons weren't an idiot, they'd have seen how massively successful games with purely cosmetic items have been at generating revenue.

As it currently stands, gear is ruining this game, which is why I almost exclusively play brawls and duels.