PDA

View Full Version : Why is Lawbringers shove uninterruptible even if he's taking damage

MYFATHERBEATSME
02-23-2017, 05:33 AM
I've been seeing more and more of this while playing Berserker.

Ill be facing a LB and I'll start my chain, and two attacks in he just shoves and my chain is done. He takes damage from me when he does it and with all other heros, if they get damaged during an unblockable it cancels. Why is LB different?

Warp_11
02-23-2017, 05:38 AM
Shove is not that good of a move, especially against assassins. I don't see why are you complaining.

TheCadian_
02-23-2017, 05:41 AM
It's a matter of hyper armour in the same way the Berserker, Raider, and Warlord get an uninterruptible jumping top attack.

In the case of the Lawbringer I would interpret it as a matter of giving the class a proper initiate.

J0wn3d
02-23-2017, 06:14 AM
Yeah shoves kinda bad. It seems weird that they would be doing the dash shove to hit you rather than the after block shove. After block shove is instant and the only real tool he has to shutdown assassins, so maybe that's what he's doing and you aren't realizing? He's kind of a bad match against assassins as far as I've seen with playing him.

CF_Xherra
02-23-2017, 06:43 AM
Lawbringer is suffering from so much right now and you are complaining that they get a free shove that we cant even ultilize for damage. They are seriously hindered right now and you are complaining that we can shove for 0 dmg.

STGxDante
02-23-2017, 07:07 AM
Lawbringer spam is too strong, the rest of his kit is underpowered, but you cannot sit here and tell me Lawbringer shove,grab spam is not broken atm. It drains your stamina, the only thing you have to escape it.

Warp_11
02-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Lawbringer spam is too strong, the rest of his kit is underpowered, but you cannot sit here and tell me Lawbringer shove,grab spam is not broken atm. It drains your stamina, the only thing you have to escape it.

You can counter guard break after any type of shove he does. You can also block any attack that may come after shove. You can also use side dodge to avoid shove and hit Lawbringer with a light attack wile he recovers.

CF_Xherra
02-23-2017, 07:14 AM

Any skilled player will counter GB. yeah he is a pubstomper when you are lower level and dont know the mechanics. The shove is pretty much useless.

DerToSch
02-23-2017, 07:19 AM
The shove is pretty much the only thing the LB has going for him. Why take even that from him?

CF_Xherra
02-23-2017, 07:21 AM
The shove is pretty much the only thing the LB has going for him. Why take even that from him?

I know. How outrageous for us to have a move that pushes away a target for 0 damage and sets us up for 0 damage and leave US open for a LOT of damage to be taken.

Gen.Armchair
02-23-2017, 07:47 AM

Yeah, I can. Git-gud and counter the guard break. Shove>Grab is WORTHLESS against a competent opponent or even level 2 bots.

The ONLY time the shove spam is actually useful is if you're standing next to a ledge or as part of a group fight where the LB is just disrupting the defender so that his teammates can connect some damage. The LB himself certainly can't confirm any damage off of it. However even in the teamfight example, the LB is far from the only character with shoves. He's just the one with the worst kit.

Starcanum
02-23-2017, 10:23 AM
I don't think anyone was asking to remove it from the game. @OP That's basically how you learn different heroes' moves and learn to counter them. If you see a white flash on a character while he's attacking, you'll know it's uninterruptible and you have to parry or dodge (or block if it's not unblockable).