PDA

View Full Version : Quitting!!!!!

xAp0110x
02-23-2017, 05:08 AM
Quitting in game needs to have a decent penalty associated with it! Tonight i have tried to play close to 20 games, easily 15 of them have ended within minutes of the game starting because someone leaves! With how long it takes to get a game even going this is driving me nuts!!!! Needs to be fixed ASAP, rage quitting not acceptable!!!!!:mad:

AgentCelt
02-23-2017, 05:14 AM
You can't exactly punish people for not wanting to play anymore, it's not like you're playing ranked matches.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 05:55 AM
You can't exactly punish people for not wanting to play anymore, it's not like you're playing ranked matches.

Which would be fine if the p2p system didn't crash the game every time more than 1 person quits before the stupid p2p system is done migrating.

B3NNS
02-23-2017, 06:04 AM
I never crash when people leave 1v1. 4v4 and 2v2 sometimes

FR4NCO
02-23-2017, 07:40 AM
how do u know they are quitting and not getting error codes non stop and dc...? lol

zwaggs33
02-23-2017, 07:42 AM
Penalties for quitting in anything other than ranked games is a terrible idea.

Gnarxly
02-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Quitting in game needs to have a decent penalty associated with it! Tonight i have tried to play close to 20 games, easily 15 of them have ended within minutes of the game starting because someone leaves! With how long it takes to get a game even going this is driving me nuts!!!! Needs to be fixed ASAP, rage quitting not acceptable!!!!!:mad:

Sadly DCing is still a huge problem across playerbase.
But why does it take so long to start a game for you? I have instant queues on pc.

xAp0110x
02-23-2017, 07:38 PM
not sure why you would think quitting and being penalized would be a bad idea unless you are one of them... you can see in xboxone when someone leaves it states their name then it will try and find a new host but fail... all you need to do is associate a 5-10min wait hold on the user from starting a game... Its getting ridiculous

ReggiR
02-23-2017, 07:42 PM
not sure why you would think quitting and being penalized would be a bad idea unless you are one of them... you can see in xboxone when someone leaves it states their name then it will try and find a new host but fail... all you need to do is associate a 5-10min wait hold on the user from starting a game... Its getting ridiculous

If you talking about elemination/skirmish, then im leaving too, at start of game, if i wanted other mode than i got...

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Again your assumption only includes leaving because they're mad. What if they're leaving because the P2P connection boots them. That is the single biggest issue with posts like yours. You assume that only people who are frustrated are leaving.

I have a serious issue staying in games some days. The last two days it's been at it's worst since the launch of the game. I'm only able to stay in about 30% of the games I get into and It's not that I don't want to stay. I got thrown out of a game where I was 11 - 1 this morning. We'd just broken the enemy. Boom.

MendedFlesh
02-23-2017, 08:18 PM
There is an obvious difference between someone losing connection and purposefully leaving the match early. The game can tell the difference between a person pressing menu button and selecting quit game and someone losing a connection due to whatever reason. There should be no penalty for someone losing connection but there should be a penalty for someone leaving a match before its over. If there is no penalty then the developers are promoting bad sportsmanship in this game.

lucasnrachel
02-23-2017, 09:12 PM
No they supported that when they allowed it in game and gave it a gear stat. It's in the game we all need to accept it and get over it.
There are people that play this game with bad connections and friends with bad connections that get kicked by being in their party.
However rage quitting is just not taking your medication. Scream at the game all you want but play the dang match.
This game is one of frustration and extreme fun all in one. Sometimes you end up on top but just sometimes there is a player with your number . Stay in the match and take it.

AkimuMC
02-23-2017, 09:19 PM
I saw it somewhere, live stream, forums, somewhere... but a Ubi empoyee/rep stated (not verbatim, but generalized) "There is a penalty for quitting matches. You do not receive any experience, steel, loot, or any other gain that you would have normally gotten if you had stayed till the end".

My favorite is when the enemy team dumps right as they are about to lose (when the game holds and doesn't disconnect over it). They get no rewards lol. Their W/L must be important info on a job resume somewhere...

Thaladar
02-24-2017, 03:16 AM
The penalty of rage quitting is not getting gear, XP, steel and no progress towards whatever Orders you might have. I know because I left at least 30 matches tonight at various stages working on the Brawl and Elimination orders. Yes, some were almost over, but if you want to quit, you can quit. That's how it should be. Especially when you have bounties like WIN 5 matches or Win without dying. If there were more strict penalties like a timer or lockout, I would still quit and just come back later.

Sephriem
02-24-2017, 03:29 AM
I think its fine during "friendly matches" i expect ranked and tourney will be different.
The main problem being addressed is the execution game type bot replacement with full health thing, that really tests players stamina in a largely agreeable unfair manner.

The biggest heart ache is when the host doesn't leave the game properly, the host migration data doesn't happen and boom game errors and everyone's booted :(

The_B0G_
02-24-2017, 03:43 AM
I'd say at least half the people "quitting" are actually getting booted. I see it all the time that people are moving, even attacking other players when they get dc'd.

marcin1711
02-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Cmon people, we have 21st century and there are many possibilities. F.e. Hearthstone - whenever a player is quitting because he does not want to play anymore he is looses the game. But when he disconects he has about 2 minutes to come back into the game. This should be the same here. Ofe course the game should play still waiting for him doesny mattere whether it is 1v1 or 4v4. He will die but the game will wait.

hamzeey
02-24-2017, 12:22 PM

so your issue is hosts quitting, not people quitting that are in the game... report them, they wont get allocated host for long :)