PDA

View Full Version : It's been over a week.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 04:53 AM
It's been over a week and we still have not seen a fix for any of the current issues.
Count Guard Break is still a mess, the Peacekeeper still doesn't have a functional triple stab, Conq and Berserker are still comboing into free Guard Breaks etc.

Ubisoft, you've got a list of things to do already posted, WHY ARE THEY NOT PATCHED IN YET?!

The fact that there are items that are literally broken with gameplay consequences should be enough to warrant an immediate response and a hotfix.

Maybe I'm just impatient, but you'd think a hotfix would be a patch done within a 24-48 hour period! It's been over a week since launch!

GET OFF YOUR *** AND DO SOMETHING PUH-LEASE! :mad:

IncredibleCreep
02-23-2017, 04:55 AM
Let's not forget those of us crazy enough to purchase the gold edition are still waiting for a legitimate fix to our missing DLC.

PS_D0G3
02-23-2017, 04:57 AM
Lol wow...

Hate to burst your bubble, but conq and berserker are suffering from getting free guard breaks AGAINST them, they are not comboing into free guard breaks.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 04:58 AM
Lol wow...

Hate to burst your bubble, but conq and berserker are suffering from getting free guard breaks AGAINST them, they are not comboing into free guard breaks.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

Conqueror and Berserker:

" Currently if your opponent blocks a light attack from these two characters, they can combo into a free Guard Break. You will no longer be able to get a free guardbreak following a blocked light attack. "

Perhaps you're right and I merely misunderstood based on the wording. Maybe you can fu** off now?

Let's not forget those of us crazy enough to purchase the gold edition are still waiting for a legitimate fix to our missing DLC.

I'm still waiting for my Special Smoke Execution Effect that's printed literally on the case of my physical copy.

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-23-2017, 05:00 AM

I bought a steel pack to other day and it unlocked the deluxe edition loot boxes for me. I had no idea i was supposed to have them until after i got the steel lol. The "outfits" if you can call them that, and effects unlocked on launch for me. I literally lol'd when i got the message of deluxe stuff being unlocked after buying steel.

PS_D0G3
02-23-2017, 05:02 AM
You are in fact reading it wrong lol.

Read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5uihyo/upcoming_gameplay_improvements/

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-23-2017, 05:02 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1580891-Upcoming-Gameplay-Improvements

Conqueror and Berserker:

" Currently if your opponent blocks a light attack from these two characters, they can combo into a free Guard Break. You will no longer be able to get a free guardbreak following a blocked light attack. "

Perhaps you're right and I merely misunderstood based on the wording. Maybe you can fu** off now?

I'm still waiting for my Special Smoke Execution Effect that's printed literally on the case of my physical copy.

You will NOT get a smoke effect, this has been confirmed by a guy who talked to customer support. The smoke effect got changed into the sunbeam effect, and all physical copies are mislabeled.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 05:04 AM
You will NOT get a smoke effect, this has been confirmed by a guy who talked to customer support. The smoke effect got changed into the sunbeam effect, and all physical copies are mislabeled.

I'm the guy who talked to support *******.

As for "mislabeled" that's ********. They were still saying we'd be getting it right up until launch day. If anything that's false advertising. One way or another, I WILL get it from them, because that's what was promised.

Literally MILLIONS of copies were "mislabeled" come on, don't be consumerist sheep. Hold them accountable or they will walk all over you.

CitizenPuddi
02-23-2017, 05:05 AM
Despite a few misunderstandings in the OP, the point still stands.

Patch when?

Kaotic_CipherTV
02-23-2017, 05:06 AM

As for "mislabeled" that's ********. They were still saying we'd be getting it right up until launch day. If anything that's false advertising. One way or another, I WILL get it from them, because that's what was promised.

Literally MILLIONS of copies were "mislabeled" come on, don't be consumerist sheep. Hold them accountable or they will walk all over you.

lol thats funny. What are the odds. But im with you, i was really excited for the smoke effect, and is literally the only reason i chose deluxe over standard only to find it was a sunbeam instead.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 05:08 AM
lol thats funny. What are the odds. But im with you, i was really excited for the smoke effect, and is literally the only reason i chose deluxe over standard only to find it was a sunbeam instead.

I picked up the Gold Edition because it was my understanding that I'd get the Sunbeam, Smoke, Outfits, Champion Statuses, and Season Pass.

I don't appreciate being fleeced here, so I will continue to harp on Ubi until they make good on the smoke.

OChalley
02-23-2017, 05:13 AM
They ruined this game from beta. They won't do fixes to the game that it desperately needs. They did this same lazy work with the division.
UBISOFT I WANT MY MONEY BACK FOR A GAME YOU ARENT WILLING TO FIX FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS

Lorr-Rhedet
02-23-2017, 05:32 AM

you should really ask your doctor about celexa. have them start you on about 10mg, one a day. maybe people will actually be able to stand being around you then?

davedxd
02-23-2017, 05:40 AM
i dont know what the **** they are doing right now, ill probably gonna be playing this **** one more week at maximum, the game is amazing but the amount of technical issues made me get tired of the game already, i have 90 hours of for honor, 50 hours in matchmaking, and 40 hours in game, and in those 40 hours probably 25% of my matches has people quitting, or people disconnecting and things like that i dont even feel like playing it anymore except when im bored, im waiting for my peacekeeper to get fixed for ages now, im probably gonna stop playing and they still wont have her fixed, my ticket has no answers till now (2 weeks waiting)..but guess what, if you try to purchase steel using the store its gonna work for sure, cause thats one thing that must work so they can fill up their pockets and then develop another broken game that isnt ready for launch..

Bob__Gnarly
02-23-2017, 05:46 AM
Maybe I'm just impatient

Correct.

Varicose_Veins
02-23-2017, 05:53 AM
I suspect the list of must-fix bugs/issues for this patch is ever-growing hence why it might take a while to appear.

I'd rather waiting a bit longer than having them rush out a patch that may only fix a few problems. And some changes to characters might require a bit of time play-testing before being released.

Warp_11
02-23-2017, 05:56 AM
And they didn't even address Lawbringer in the announcements.

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 06:17 AM
It's another thread full of people who expect development time to be instantaneous, legit all you need to do is be bloody patient instead of *****ing. If it's that bad, don't play until things are fixed.

CaptianBeetle
02-23-2017, 06:26 AM
Lol. I challenge any of you 15 year old asshats to code in all the fixes to issues you want, within a week.

Can't do it? Well, shut up then.

Getting mad over a smoke effect? xD Puh-lease.

It takes time to write code. It takes time to troubleshoot the code. It takes time to rollback code, even to beta level. I bet you there is a whole **** ton of changes they made on top of the Beta code that do not let them simply "revert" to beta.

By raging on the forums, and acting like crybabies, complaining about stupid **** like "I only bought gold edition for SMOKE effect, not SUNBEAM effect." ... -.- Really, you just sound like a damn toddler.

Ubisoft devs will fix issues with the game. But if you just keep crying over pointless crap, hey, if I were a dev, i'd make your whiny little *** wait for the patch.

tldr : No game is perfect on launch. Get used to it. Getting mad isn't going to solve ****.

CitizenPuddi
02-23-2017, 06:43 AM
Lol. I challenge any of you 15 year old asshats to code in all the fixes to issues you want, within a week.

Can't do it? Well, shut up then.

Getting mad over a smoke effect? xD Puh-lease.

It takes time to write code. It takes time to troubleshoot the code. It takes time to rollback code, even to beta level. I bet you there is a whole **** ton of changes they made on top of the Beta code that do not let them simply "revert" to beta.

By raging on the forums, and acting like crybabies, complaining about stupid **** like "I only bought gold edition for SMOKE effect, not SUNBEAM effect." ... -.- Really, you just sound like a damn toddler.

Ubisoft devs will fix issues with the game. But if you just keep crying over pointless crap, hey, if I were a dev, i'd make your whiny little *** wait for the patch.

tldr : No game is perfect on launch. Get used to it. Getting mad isn't going to solve ****.

nine times out of ten (unless they wrote very dirty code) changing stuff like "speed of x" (ala valkyrie changes and the window of gb counter) is a matter of changing a few variables around. that's not rocket surgery.

the changes involving nixing the free gb against zerkers shouldn't be too hard either, since nearly every other class doesn't have these problems. a relatively simple cross-reference to make things more consistent

unless they needlessly made the process more difficult for themselves (as in, not coding in a way that allows easy fixes and balances in the future)

honestly shouldn't take more than a week with the team of developers one would expect on a AAA title from a major studio

m0u-1337
02-23-2017, 07:17 AM
The core question is: WHEN will they release the Patch?! In Beta they needed two days to break the GB and to buff the entire samurais. why do they need that long for 3 characters less?

Varicose_Veins
02-23-2017, 07:37 AM
The core question is: WHEN will they release the Patch?! In Beta they needed two days to break the GB and to buff the entire samurais. why do they need that long for 3 characters less?

Actually the core question isn't "when". Of course we all want the patch sooner rather than later.

The core question is will the patch address the most pressing issues in an effective way?

The reality is it will take quite a few patches to bring the game up to speed. And if they rush a patch it may create more unforeseen bugs and make some issues worse.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Actually the core question isn't "when". Of course we all want the patch sooner rather than later.

The core question is will the patch address the most pressing issues in an effective way?

The reality is it will take quite a few patches to bring the game up to speed. And if they rush a patch it may create more unforeseen bugs and make some issues worse.

For a AAA Studio with a massive budget, team, and resources at their disposal. It should take relatively little time at all for them to be able to at least rush out a hotfix for broken mechanics like the Counter Guard Break, and the two Peacekeeper stabs not inflicting any bleed damage whatsoever.

I can live with an ignore most things. I've played game you've never even heard of in worse shape than this.

What I absolutely cannot tolerate though, is a misuse of resources and forcing the audience (us) to endure simple issues longer than it takes for them to fix. (Many of these issues can be cranked out by one or two coders over an Afternoon)

I know this because coding isn't rocket surgery. Like it was said earlier, unless they have some REALLY dirty code, with no Dev-Notes or any kind of order to help keep everyone on the level, it should be something relatively quick to fix.

It should not take EIGHT DAYS to fix simple bugs like the PK stabs and the Counter Guard Break. Swapping Variables also doesn't take much time, but does in fact require playtesting.

However, they could break up the patch into smaller hotfixes. Especially to address mechanics that are clearly not functioning properly.

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 08:04 AM
For a AAA Studio with a massive budget, team, and resources at their disposal. It should take relatively little time at all for them to be able to at least rush out a hotfix for broken mechanics like the Counter Guard Break, and the two Peacekeeper stabs not inflicting any bleed damage whatsoever.

I can live with an ignore most things. I've played game you've never even heard of in worse shape than this.

What I absolutely cannot tolerate though, is a misuse of resources and forcing the audience (us) to endure simple issues longer than it takes for them to fix. (Many of these issues can be cranked out by one or two coders over an Afternoon)

I know this because coding isn't rocket surgery. Like it was said earlier, unless they have some REALLY dirty code, with no Dev-Notes or any kind of order to help keep everyone on the level, it should be something relatively quick to fix.

It should not take EIGHT DAYS to fix simple bugs like the PK stabs and the Counter Guard Break. Swapping Variables also doesn't take much time, but does in fact require playtesting.

However, they could break up the patch into smaller hotfixes. Especially to address mechanics that are clearly not functioning properly.

You're assuming them just fixing the code is exactly what the issue is. A lot of fixes requested could effect numerous other things. Just saying.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 08:13 AM
You're assuming them just fixing the code is exactly what the issue is. A lot of fixes requested could effect numerous other things. Just saying.

Generally speaking, it almost always comes down to code. The only reason X should affect Y is if someone made the mistake (or deliberate intent) of writing it into the code. Code X should affect X, not Y nor Z. Spaghetti Code (messy intertwined code strings) is rookie level ****.

So when we say Counter Guard Break isn't working, we're saying the window needs widening to compensate for live game latency gameplay so that people can actually react to it.

When we say that the 2nd and 3rd stab of the PK isn't working, we're saying that they are literally applying no damage, which means that part of the code is either incomplete or there's an incorrect function, or even a misplaced multiplier.

However in regards to the PK stab, we know that it works properly in campaign. Which means all they need to do is cross-reference the campaign function and compare it to the multiplayer function! It's really that simple.

Hogmin
02-23-2017, 08:19 AM
Generally speaking, it almost always comes down to code. The only reason X should affect Y is if someone made the mistake (or deliberate intent) of writing it into the code. Code X should affect X, not Y nor Z. Spaghetti Code (messy intertwined code strings) is rookie level ****.

So when we say Counter Guard Break isn't working, we're saying the window needs widening to compensate for live game latency gameplay so that people can actually react to it.

When we say that the 2nd and 3rd stab of the PK isn't working, we're saying that they are literally applying no damage, which means that part of the code is either incomplete or there's an incorrect function, or even a misplaced multiplier.

However in regards to the PK stab, we know that it works properly in campaign. Which means all they need to do is cross-reference the campaign function and compare it to the multiplayer function! It's really that simple.

Appreciate the insight, and I'm sure others do as well.