PDA

View Full Version : We want dedicated servers (NOT P2P)

ScSGenesis
02-23-2017, 03:34 AM
Ubisoft just give us dedicated servers, end this ****storm & decreasing number of players from day to day... , customers dont want to study computer sciene to play your p2p game. amen

Updated : just sign here and share it where you can, maybe it helps

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-please-add-dedicated-servers

i also recommend to check this post :

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581058-GET-SERVERS-NOW-(P2P-connections)

XExarkunX
02-23-2017, 03:42 AM
amen to this, me and about 4 friends are thinking of a refund if the constant disconnects and lag don't stop. this games about to die because of this non sense, ive seen the numbers dwindle from day to day on xbox as well.

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 03:43 AM
Considering the skill ceiling, I think a drop-off was inevitable, but it is definitely being sped up by the terrible p2p system.

Love the game, wish they had just used dedicated servers.

Bob__Gnarly
02-23-2017, 03:52 AM
Fun game, terrible P2P matchmaking.

It'll be the death of the game. Numbers will continue to decline and P2P matchmaking will get even worse than what it is now. GG Ubi.

kennydai05
02-23-2017, 04:57 AM
We want dedicated servers

D0MFTW
02-23-2017, 05:43 AM
WHAT?! You guys DON'T like P2P?! BLASPHEMY!!! /s:o

yoonex
02-23-2017, 06:50 AM
I gave ****ing 60 euros for what ? the game itself is fun to play and really enjoyable but the constan pauses and disconnects and lag spikes just destroy the fun. Ex- Today i was playing vs a player with bad ping, and guess what ? this mofo do 1 attack witch i parry the i get 2 light gits instant w/o seeing any indicators. Or i throw of the edge 2 ppl with my lawbringer and in 3 seconds this ppl were back and threw me instead. Ive seen many moba starts but loosing 70% online in less than 2 weeks this is some strong **** going here from ubisoft.
P.S And the matchmaking ..... this is total nonsense im waiting 20 minutes for a match to come up and when i check the online count its about 30-35k are this ppl playing only duel or what ? cause i get insta match when dueling and 2x2 but its barely impossible to get a dominion or 4x4 elimination match 20+ minutes ques and in the end its giving me and error with text "you could not join cause this game is full"

STGxDante
02-23-2017, 06:57 AM
Seriously! p2p is complete trash. The lag is so bad i am hitting ppl through blocks, and sometimes you just don't block attacks at all. you can switch stance the enemy sees you switch stance and they still hit you. It's happened too many times in such a short period of time it's not fun.

ScSGenesis
02-23-2017, 10:59 AM
all this hate is coming from disappointed players, which love and hate that game at the same time, becauce of p2p.

Flippin_Finch
02-23-2017, 11:12 AM
We have P2P. I dont think you guys understand how servers are going to destroy the game. We need better P2P netcode, not servers where you have 80 ping and can never react in time.

xXxHO3EiNxXx
02-23-2017, 11:31 AM
im just leave this good game because of this ****ty servers and going to paly battlefield.
i cannot join any 4v4 game mode :|
fix this ubi

NeoVidia
02-23-2017, 11:37 AM
As much as everyone always wants servers, please understand that servers aren't a perfect solution either. Yes, for honor is P2P, BUT it is the first P2P system of its kind. I have not seen a good full factual analysis of the system either. And to judge a system based on words half of you probably don't understand beyond "I am server and host" is just dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/user/xFPxAUTh0r1ty/videos

This is the preliminary video of the for honor system pointing out some POSSIBLE flaws. And I want to wait until he has done his full tests to either say servers or P2P would be better in this case.

Gojema
02-23-2017, 11:47 AM
You all seem to forget how dedicated servers are in new games. 100-300ms ping, random server crashs, queues and probably a reduced tickrate (20tick Overwatch anyone?). THAT would be the alternate.

ScSGenesis
02-23-2017, 12:01 PM
We have P2P. I dont think you guys understand how servers are going to destroy the game. We need better P2P netcode, not servers where you have 80 ping and can never react in time.

first of all 80 ping is not a big deal and u can set max ping at dedicated servers :) there are enough examlpes that showing dedicated server are way better, and now u can react in time? its laggy and full of errors

NeoVidia
02-23-2017, 12:02 PM
You all seem to forget how dedicated servers are in new games. 100-300ms ping, random server crashs, queues and probably a reduced tickrate (20tick Overwatch anyone?). THAT would be the alternate.

In all fairness Overwatch fixed their ******** tick-rate and now has one of the best online servers in the last 10 years. Even their lag compensation is 99% fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lAawhkIBH4

But then again this is a completely new P2P system and if 1 person in a fight lag switches, everyone has that same fight lag when fighting him, including him. At that point the question is: Who has the most advantage: laggy or non-laggy players?

As much as we can all shout P2P or Servers, we do not have enough factual info to say the current system is bad. Anyone telling you so is lying out of their teeth.

And for those saying the disconnects and bots are proof. They are not, loads of people are still getting error messages and get disconnected from games due to some sort of either hardware or software issue. And changing the network system to anything else won't fix the amount of "disconnects" people get.

first of all 80 ping is not a big deal and u can set max ping at dedicated servers :) there are enough examlpes that showing dedicated server are way better, and now u can react in time? its laggy and full of errors

a difference of 30ms is seen as unfair in a competitive sense even with servers you have lag compensation or else not a single fight will even be remotely the same. The thing is, for honor has more in common with a fighting game than an FPS. And both require their own solution to the universal problem of lag.

Flippin_Finch
02-23-2017, 12:07 PM

Belive me, 80 ping is already too much for For Honor, and setting 50 max ping will cut off half of the world from being able to play unless u set hundreds of servers.

Also, give me those examples u mentioned.

NeoVidia
02-23-2017, 12:11 PM
Belive me, 80 ping is already too much for For Honor, and setting 50 max ping will cut off half of the world from being able to play unless u set hundreds of servers.

Also, give me those examples u mentioned.

Overwatch is an example of servers being loads better IMO. Either way, it does not mean that same system works for For Honor. There is not all purpose solution until we Quantum Networking.

Peanut-uk
02-23-2017, 12:50 PM
As pointed out. Dedicated servers aren't the best solution. p2p should be great for this game and it is, when it works. They need to spend time improving what we have, not changing it about. When steam first came out it was a big steaming pile of.. software. But they kept improving it until it became a great piece of software. We need to give them a chance to do the same here... but hopefully not take years about it like Steam did.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 01:08 PM
Servers would ruin this game all because you guys don't understand how Ubisoft themselves explained how it all works!

If you were paying attention, the Peer-to-Peer connection makes all participating players "Co-Hosts" in a webwork that creates a simulation environment between players.

The webwork includes yourself and all 7-other players, and their connections to you and everyone else as well. It's because of this webwork that we have the game working as smoothly as it does in regards to the combat system.

The combat system itself relies upon this webwork infrastructure to work at all.

hartt
02-23-2017, 01:30 PM
P2P is good, they just need to improve it... and for the leavers when they press leave they should get messege if you leave you will get banned for 10min without playing.

rocks.cl
02-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Luckily i was still in time to refund the game when i decided to do it, the matchmaking is already bad, and is only going to get worst as the active population decreases