PDA

View Full Version : Over 900 People signed from yesterday to get "dedicated Servers"

Kallkz
02-23-2017, 02:42 AM
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-for-honor-dedicated-servers?recruiter=685619726&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Seriously ???

Are we playing a 2008 Konami game ? Seriously UBI, P2P Connections ??

Dc 7 games out of 10
5+ minutes of matchmaking
30+ minutes of searching at some certain times and no games found
BOTS all over the place due to the massive amounts of Disconnections

I wish if i can get my 60$ back

Yvendel
02-23-2017, 08:47 AM
only 900? IM sure most of the people don't even look at the forum and thats a shame.

We knew what was gonna happen, pretty much, this is why people like me didnt bought the game, I mean, it was pretty obvious.

B3NNS
02-23-2017, 08:55 AM
On an average day there are around 100,000 players on at peak hours per a day. 900 is less than a tenth of a percent of 100,000. 100,000 isn't even the total number of players. There is definitely not enough people who've signed this petition.

GayForShugoki
02-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Dedicated servers will ruin this game. P2P is, and always will be, the best choice for this game.

Nyghtwolf007
02-23-2017, 09:00 AM
Dedicated servers will ruin this game. P2P is, and always will be, the best choice for this game.

Yea if you have your lag switch attached

CaptianBeetle
02-23-2017, 09:09 AM
I live in Hawaii. Connecting to a west coast server in any other game ever, usually gets me between 90-110 ping. That would make this game utterly unplayable. Don't even try and argue that fact.

I know it'd be unplayable, based of previous experience. I only RECENTLY moved from Washington to Hawaii, making my ping in a particular game (that I am very good at. M&B:Warband ) and my ping went from 60 -> 110. The difference is night and day. If For Honor had ping as bad as I have in that Warband now, I would refund this game in a heartbeat... I am glad P2P is a thing. I don't have an issue with lag ever. I'll take a disconnect over simply ****ty ping any day of the week tyvm.

Zv1k0
02-23-2017, 09:12 AM
Only 900? Wow..Im afraid we wont see dedicated servers in this game. But tbh there are atleast 300k people playing the game and majority of them dont even read the forums but im sure a lot of them have problems and would agree. A lot of people already left because of it and a lot havent even bought it yet because of it. Even those who do read the forums havent seen this petition including me. Population in game will probably drop a lot more if we dont get dedicated servers and fixed matchmaking imo.

Zv1k0
02-23-2017, 09:20 AM
I live in Hawaii. Connecting to a west coast server in any other game ever, usually gets me between 90-110 ping. That would make this game utterly unplayable. Don't even try and argue that fact.

I know it'd be unplayable, based of previous experience. I only RECENTLY moved from Washington to Hawaii, making my ping in a particular game (that I am very good at. M&B:Warband ) and my ping went from 60 -> 110. The difference is night and day. If For Honor had ping as bad as I have in that Warband now, I would refund this game in a heartbeat... I am glad P2P is a thing. I don't have an issue with lag ever. I'll take a disconnect over simply ****ty ping any day of the week tyvm.

I dont have a problem either but people that do are kind of ruining this for us. People disconnect mid match getting error massages causing 10sec lags and sometimes happens more than once in game. Bots fill their place opening a spot for other people to join mid session, again causing lag...4v4 matches turns into lagging clown fiesta.

Veerdin-Wraith
02-23-2017, 09:21 AM

You're right, I love being dropped out of games at random, waiting for half an hour to find a game, having my gameplay constantly pause and hiccup because somebody on the other team left the game.

It's so much fun.

m1y4gi
02-23-2017, 09:29 AM
+1

Raziel_85
02-23-2017, 09:40 AM
As always, a small percent of people will come to forums complaining like there is no tomorrow, while most others are busy enjoying the game. People who visit the forum will always get the impression that everything is bad because its only the opinions of complainers they will find there. The people who build this game made a decision to use a p2p connection for a reason and for a game like this it absolutely makes sense.

Users complaining that p2p is outdated and garbage just reveal themselves as having no idea/knowledge about network technology. I am not saying that disconnects etc are not a problem. But those things are not necessarily related to p2p and can be fixed. p2p has major advantages especially on network speed/reaction/ping times. and even more so if your are living in places far away from dedicated server positions. Dedicated servers are better in games where more players are on the same map (like BF1 for example) where p2p would struggle. But at the same time it leads to lag and other stuff. This is just a very short explanation, but you can already find all the info about the pros and cons of each connection type online.

I am myself playing on PS4 (currently with around 8 other friends) the only problems we had were some disconnects on certain days/times. Around 2-3 disconnects on the second release day maybe. Besides that, matchmaking times are somewhere between 2 to 5 seconds and the matches are absolutely lag free. Something we cant say about BF1 and other games, where some kind of lag is always noticeable. Yesterday there were around 120.000 players online (could be region specific, I dont know if the visible numbers are region locked.) So its fairly popular and the numbers rising everyday despite people on this forum claiming it is going downhill.... But on the other side, I cant remember any game in the last years where it wasn't the same: People spending their time on the forums or social channels complaining about everything while the rest ist busy playing and having fun.

And again just to make sure: I am not saying that disconnects etc are not a problem. Those things seem to affect some players (most of them are posting on this forum) and those can possible be fixed or at least decreased.

MacBait
02-23-2017, 09:50 AM
Yeah, the P2P For honor has is really good.

People seeing IPs and therefore able to disconnect anyone at their will if they want it is such a great feature.

Even yesterday, it happened like 3 times.

2 guys from a certain tag OTAF_nickname just waited for the final round and each time I was facing them and they'd lost, they'd just write "GG xxx" or "Bravo xxx" and then the said player was kicked from the game in like 3-5 seconds.

It happened to me twice, and then I couldn't join a single game for 10 minutes with errors 0004000004.

SUCH a good technology, I admit.

Isn't there anyway to attack Ubisoft or the devs for this kind of flaw which could just be dangerous for our own private computer security flaw ? I mean... That is serious, and has to get fixed asap.

Saeryf
02-23-2017, 09:58 AM
I already got a refund for my purchase, as the game I preordered back in closed beta is not what I received at launch. Over half the time I couldn't get a match and when I did it was always plagued with connection troubles.

I signed in hope that they'll improve the game for everyone still playing.

TheCelt990
02-23-2017, 10:06 AM
On an average day there are around 100,000 players on at peak hours per a day. 900 is less than a tenth of a percent of 100,000. 100,000 isn't even the total number of players. There is definitely not enough people who've signed this petition.

I'm gonna be that guy. 900 is .9% of 100,000. So it's 9 tenths of a percent.

teksuo1
02-23-2017, 10:17 AM
i would of signed but i despise entering my very personal information on such a site.

* i bet i'm not the only one, so the numbers can&should be inflated.

*you innocently enter your info on a site like that and suddenly you receive promotional calls&mail and wonder why.

LinkZeppeloyd
02-23-2017, 11:09 AM

Why?

Peanut-uk
02-23-2017, 11:30 AM
I'm sorry but I think the p2p in this game is the way to go. When it works it really, really works. No lag, no rubber banding, it's fantastic.

However, it's not perfect, people leaving and disconnecting and being stuck in a match for 5 minutes staring at a reconnecting screen not able to leave or bring up a menu is incredibly annoying. I'd rather they work on making the current technology robust than going down the dedicated server route.

Matchmaking needs some serious work, but I wouldn't want to change how good it feels when everything goes right.

xXxHO3EiNxXx
02-23-2017, 11:35 AM
+1 here
i want dedicated server like other online games.
im DC ed every time

m0u-1337
02-23-2017, 11:36 AM
I'm sorry but I think the p2p in this game is the way to go. When it works it really, really works. No lag, no rubber banding, it's fantastic.

However, it's not perfect, people leaving and disconnecting and being stuck in a match for 5 minutes staring at a reconnecting screen not able to leave or bring up a menu is incredibly annoying. I'd rather they work on making the current technology robust than going down the dedicated server route.

Matchmaking needs some serious work, but I wouldn't want to change how good it feels when everything goes right.

thats the way to go. Finally someone with some knowledge.

Hackfraysn
02-23-2017, 11:43 AM
Over 900 People signed from yesterday to get "dedicated Servers"

Over 100% of Ubisoft's staff doesn't care.

m0u-1337
02-23-2017, 11:53 AM
Is it over 9000 yet?

hydroshubong
02-23-2017, 12:06 PM
+1 here
i want dedicated server like other online games.
im DC ed every time

You should probably check if your NAT is green, stop playing wireless , stop downloading while you're in game or change your internet if you always disconnect!

Me and my friends only get this error when we are in game and the host quit or when everybody in the other team quit before the game!
We get the error only 1 game on 10.

hydroshubong
02-23-2017, 12:35 PM
My nat is yellow. I have some problems but 80%work.

The problem i am most annoyed by is host migration and disconnect without reconnect options.

When the error happen, just restart the game (you and your friends).,
To change your nat, go in your router settings and put the UPNP on. ;-)

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 12:42 PM
I will explain why "Dedicated Servers" isn't going to work, in the exact way that Ubisoft explained it.

Each game uses the Peer-to-Peer connection model to create a pre-rendered simulation environment. It's like a webwork between the player and all other players, and those players between all other players. It relies upon this model to have the (mostly) fast paced and reactive art-of-battle combat system in place.

A dedicate server wouldn't change anything, and would in all likelihood make things worse, because the game wasn't designed for that.

teksuo1
02-23-2017, 12:58 PM
what about something "hybrid" ; same thing as now but the host is always one of ubi's servers

Braegulfer
02-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Well, the video about p2p problems on youtube has close to 400k views...so it's becoming a increasingly visible issue to everyone: players and POTENTIAL players alike.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 01:04 PM
what about something "hybrid" ; same thing as now but the host is always one of ubi's servers

Did you not read what I just wrote. There is no "host" because in this web-work everyone who is in the game is Co-Hosting.

teksuo1
02-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Did you not read what I just wrote. There is no "host" because in this web-work everyone who is in the game is Co-Hosting.

i don't think so. Some players can leave and it just re-synchs ; while sometimes (assuming it's when the host leaves) the entire game ends right there.
Calm down, there's nothing telling me i should take whatever you write as the holy grail of truths.

SendRickPics
02-23-2017, 01:09 PM
i don't think so. Some players can leave and it just re-synchs ; while sometimes (assuming it's when the host leaves) the entire game ends right there.
Calm down, there's nothing telling me i should take whatever you write as the holy grail of truths.

It needs to re-sync because the game needs to reestablish connections without the other co-host and re-initiate the simulation environment.

Also you don't have to take my word for it. Take Ubisoft's word for it.

Salt_is_Real
02-23-2017, 01:36 PM
As always, a small percent of people will come to forums complaining like there is no tomorrow, while most others are busy enjoying the game. People who visit the forum will always get the impression that everything is bad because its only the opinions of complainers they will find there. The people who build this game made a decision to use a p2p connection for a reason and for a game like this it absolutely makes sense.

Users complaining that p2p is outdated and garbage just reveal themselves as having no idea/knowledge about network technology. I am not saying that disconnects etc are not a problem. But those things are not necessarily related to p2p and can be fixed. p2p has major advantages especially on network speed/reaction/ping times. and even more so if your are living in places far away from dedicated server positions. Dedicated servers are better in games where more players are on the same map (like BF1 for example) where p2p would struggle. But at the same time it leads to lag and other stuff. This is just a very short explanation, but you can already find all the info about the pros and cons of each connection type online.

I am myself playing on PS4 (currently with around 8 other friends) the only problems we had were some disconnects on certain days/times. Around 2-3 disconnects on the second release day maybe. Besides that, matchmaking times are somewhere between 2 to 5 seconds and the matches are absolutely lag free. Something we cant say about BF1 and other games, where some kind of lag is always noticeable. Yesterday there were around 120.000 players online (could be region specific, I dont know if the visible numbers are region locked.) So its fairly popular and the numbers rising everyday despite people on this forum claiming it is going downhill.... But on the other side, I cant remember any game in the last years where it wasn't the same: People spending their time on the forums or social channels complaining about everything while the rest ist busy playing and having fun.

And again just to make sure: I am not saying that disconnects etc are not a problem. Those things seem to affect some players (most of them are posting on this forum) and those can possible be fixed or at least decreased.

You know what mate? I do rly enjoy this game, but yesterday every second game droped mid session, I was ok with that at Realise day, but is a week and nothing happend to make it better. At the end I don't care if it's on dedicated server or P2P, but I want to play without any drops. The game wasn't cheap so at least they can say something and probrably give some free steel or something.

When I played WoW:Warlord of Dreanor and first week on servers was unplayble, blizzard gave us 2 free weeks and at least said there was a issue. Forums ware full of mederators saying "Yeah sorry mates, we are working on it." but here nothing.

Plus since I'am working person I can play only at prime times, when obviously the issue with droping is the worst.

hartt
02-23-2017, 01:41 PM
Im so sure then when if it will happen "i hope not" when we get dedicated servers you all, all of you gonna complain that there is a lag , that we cant play and so on .... P2P is a good choice, they jsut need to fix it and put some penalty to leavers.

Xakonero
02-23-2017, 01:58 PM
https://youtu.be/38sPNZ8QHO4

Well, there is no point in make a great game, if it becomes unplayble. Good game spoiled by bussiness of the company. For you all that the game works good, you arent saved because if no more people can continue playing, and only a few buy the game after now, the player base will vanish, and a multiplayer-based game without players... You guess that that doesnt work.

ScSGenesis
02-23-2017, 01:58 PM
Im so sure then when if it will happen "i hope not" when we get dedicated servers you all, all of you gonna complain that there is a lag , that we cant play and so on .... P2P is a good choice, they jsut need to fix it and put some penalty to leavers.

yea pls give penalty to "leavers" which got connection errors 49395538 or error 23593425 or maybe error 507934859 dont ******** us pls :D real gamers know dedicated servers are the best way to play multiplayer games

Beneathar
02-23-2017, 03:19 PM
https://youtu.be/38sPNZ8QHO4

Well, there is no point in make a great game, if it becomes unplayble. Good game spoiled by bussiness of the company. For you all that the game works good, you arent saved because if no more people can continue playing, and only a few buy the game after now, the player base will vanish, and a multiplayer-based game without players... You guess that that doesnt work.

So much wrong in this video.

Okay, starting with the "lag switch": how will that end up four you? I mean, if u use that thing the whole session gets frozen, and so eventually you will stand behind an opponent (woho... with him beeing centered on you he will turn around in a second), but you eventually will be alone with the bots, as your teammates wont appreciate the game to freeze everytime you're too dumb to kill an enemy without cheating.

Then: "if the Host goes off the Sessions crashes" is not true in that Game, there is no "Host" (only a "session Host", wich is different) in for Honor, and so the Game wont crash if someone leaves, it will resync. There is also no 0-Ping-advantage for anybody, as there is no Host.

We all know the System (wich is pretty unique so far) still has quite some issues, but these are not issues based on its somehow P2P (because it isn't P2P as we know it). Anyways, Ubi already adresses issues, and im pretty sure, for their own good they will fix this system in time (wich is not a good thing, as it should have been at least better when the game came out...)

The second half of your video is just random vids of issues we already know about (and be sure: Ubi does too) and wich are not as common as the video implicises. I myself dont have much problems with lags (or even: near none) and the connectivity issues I face are far away from making the Game unplayable. I am aware that some people have serious issues with the system, and be sure: Ubi is aware of that too. I'll bet my 2 cents on there will be fixes for the P2P-lookalike System Ubi uses pretty soon.

BTW: In one of the videos your video quotes is also mentioned, that dedicated Servers would have been bad for the Gaming Experience, as they produce a higher lag, and the producer admits, that he doesn't fully understand the connection type used in For Honor (because its new and experimental), so the Full Video comes out when he finally figuered out how this is System works 100%.

Switching to dedicated Servers wont get us anything. The Game would still produce issues (because it wasnt made for that) and the lag would be approximately higher.

Its better to let Ubi fix their System (wich has issues just because its new and has never ever been tested before in a live environment with tenthousands of people) then forcing them into an even worse decision because some random guy told you, its the only good choice to make. Im pretty confident Ubi will find the issue in their System and fix them, as im pretty sure they want to use it for other Games as well.

And, and the end, another time: Dedicated Servers wont get us anything but more lag.

Tziwen
02-23-2017, 03:23 PM
Dedicated servers would be the end of it:

The one with the best connection, best pc gear and the closest to the server would have so much of an advantage. Dedicated servers is a big nono. P2P ain't perfect, sometimes it pisses me off but i'ld rather that than fighting people with 40 ms less ping than me.

Beneathar
02-23-2017, 03:27 PM
yea pls give penalty to "leavers" which got connection errors 49395538 or error 23593425 or maybe error 507934859 dont ******** us pls :D real gamers know dedicated servers are the best way to play multiplayer games

with real gamers you mean shooter players?

as if those Games did not all suffer from high lag issues (just play with your firend and see when you see him doing something he did seconds ago...)

Anyways, in shooters you wont feel the ping as much as you do in for Honor, because in 90% of the cases you wont really realize that you werent where you were shot when you were shot. You just cant see when your opponent really fired at you, there is no blocking or other reaction based System in shooters, so 90% of the Ping issues there just arent recognizeable.

The main thing why people think dedicated Servers are the best solution (wich they aren't) is because they think if they dont see a ping/lag issue, it doesnt exist.

But it does.

Anyways, we all know that the System Ubi uses (wich is not traditional P2P) has flaws that need to be adressed. How about pushing Ubi to fix their System then to push them to another, even worse, decision?

Other than spending your time ranting here about how masterful dedicated Servers would handle this you could also send your errors to ubi so they have an easier time fixing them.

Aurockson
02-23-2017, 03:41 PM
Penalty to leavers with the 40+% chance of getting kicked from the game due to some other bull and then suddenly you're banned for 15 minutes from leaving 3 games in an hour....

SoveRReignN
02-23-2017, 03:52 PM

No thanks...Not interested in Co-Hosting. I am not giving away IP for free to let a hacker have a free king kong style rampage. Do you have a clue how dangerous this is?

Derity
02-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Over 900 people that don't realise how much work and how long it would take to completely redo the networking in a game.

ScSGenesis
02-23-2017, 04:17 PM
Over 900 people that don't realise how much work and how long it would take to completely redo the networking in a game.

just asking you, why the community manager cant say something to that p2p /dedicated servers topic ?

KasharMashar
02-23-2017, 04:24 PM
:mad:

i want my money back

I know why "for honor game does not give a 1 hours money back guarantee. Because they know in less than 10 mins you start getting mad.

servers fail every single match.

you come in a match 2 mins in or beginning and you get kicked

you have a 95% chance you will get kicked if you are winning

if you are loosing and no way of coming back game will complete its self.

the BOTs jump all over map.

BTW i have 100mbs internet

Its not my connection.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK:mad:

RatedChaotic
02-23-2017, 04:33 PM
just asking you, why the community manager cant say something to that p2p /dedicated servers topic ?

Because they now know it was the biggest mistake for this game and cant defend themselves so they remain silent.

TheL0neGinger
02-23-2017, 04:45 PM
We've all been conned, the game is pretty much unplayable, apart from the boring and dry story mode which is a glorified 6 hour tutorial. I'm sick and tired of playing in a game for 10 mins then getting kick with no reward exp for those 10 mins. Standard Ubi$oft sending out another sloppy, unfinished game. Sometimes I wonder if they even test them before release. What a waste of 60.

ScSGenesis
02-23-2017, 04:59 PM
just sign here and share it where you can

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-ubisoft-please-add-dedicated-servers

iHunny
02-23-2017, 07:10 PM
Erh, ok, good luck.

SendRickPics
02-24-2017, 01:17 AM
No thanks...Not interested in Co-Hosting. I am not giving away IP for free to let a hacker have a free king kong style rampage. Do you have a clue how dangerous this is?

You obviously have no idea how IP's get masked.