PDA

View Full Version : Idea for that annoying running away last player.

Boysapunk
02-23-2017, 01:18 AM
I've been thinking about 2 possible solutions for these:

1. Dominion - The last person alive from the breaking team should have it's stamina drained as he sprints. If he stops, it will regenerate at a reasonable rate.

The concern about this could be that maybe he isn't just running away, but to reach that control point he needs to revive his team (at a score of 1050-xxx). This would enforce tactical teamplay:

-Stay as a group to not get eliminated that easily as 1 by 1, or split in 2 groups. If there are 2 left, and they need that rally, one person should bait while the other sprints for the point.

-This would improve tactical decision making and teamplay, as well solve the issue for that last running away player.

2. Elimination - Sprint might be needed in order to revive a not executed teammate, so here the stamina drain would be unfair, but could be also considered. The other solution would be a slight chasing speed buff to the remaining Members of the winning team, which activates upon one player remaining.

-There is no tactical background for this, rather than there is enough cancer in Elimination already to be a bit more harsh with the solution.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 01:25 AM
Basically...I'm annoyed by the fact that you're using a viable tactic to escape the final xv1 gank?Sorry,if you're not down for a fair fight,enjoy to run around till the timer ends.

Oh and before you claim that duels exist yet:I play then 99% of the time.But rarely there are quests only about Dominion,so...when ganks will be forbidden,then stamina will be reduced for runners.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 01:30 AM
I just let them run. Especially if they can't revive anyone.

Let them run their little coward heart out.

I have no problem break dancing with my Lawbringer or smashing minions with my Raider until time runs out.

Boysapunk
02-23-2017, 01:30 AM
Basically...I'm annoyed by the fact that you're using a viable tactic to escape the final xv1 gank?Sorry,if you're not down for a fair fight,enjoy to run around till the timer ends.

Oh and before you claim that duels exist yet:I play then 99% of the time.But rarely there are quests only about Dominion,so...when ganks will be forbidden,then stamina will be reduced for runners.

You are discussing a point I haven't made. It's up to the playerbase once this is implemented to decide if they want to allow those duels once the last one is not able to run away.

Secondly, there never will be a game mechanic that would forbid ganking. Get over it. I'm against ganks and never done it. In fact, If I see a 1v1 in a Dominion or Elim, I never intervene.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 01:41 AM
You are discussing a point I haven't made. It's up to the playerbase once this is implemented to decide if they want to allow those duels once the last one is not able to run away.

Secondly, there never will be a game mechanic that would forbid ganking. Get over it. I'm against ganks and never done it. In fact, If I see a 1v1 in a Dominion or Elim, I never intervene.

Well,ganking is exactly why people like me run.I'm not fighting a bunch of cowards that rely upon numbers to win rather than skill.It's an utopia to think that the playerbase will vote to have fair duels,since winning is the only thing that matters for them.That's why are stuck in this situation,there is nothing to do unless you clearly favour a side.

Boysapunk
02-23-2017, 01:46 AM
Well,ganking is exactly why people like me run.I'm not fighting a bunch of cowards that rely upon numbers to win rather than skill.It's an utopia to think that the playerbase will vote to have fair duels,since winning is the only thing that matters for them.That's why are stuck in this situation,there is nothing to do unless you clearly favour a side.

I'll rather die proud like a lion surrounded by hyenas, than run away like one of them.

If they come 4v1 and I can kill at least 1, I'm happy as I did more than they ever could alone, and I'll get that going for me.

There was a game where both teams were breaking, and I was the last against 3 of them. Of course they gank. But I won. There's always a chance. If you decide to not take it because it's small, or seemingly impossible, you've already lost.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 01:54 AM
I'll rather die proud like a lion surrounded by hyenas, than run away like one of them.

If they come 4v1 and I can kill at least 1, I'm happy as I did more than they ever could alone, and I'll get that going for me.

There was a game where both teams were breaking, and I was the last against 3 of them. Of course they gank. But I won. There's always a chance. If you decide to not take it because it's small, or seemingly impossible, you've already lost.

That way you'll gonna win a fight out of ten.I instead like to think that those are dishonorable players.They negate me a fair fight,ruining my fun.Then,why should you have easy life fighting me 3v1?The only thing I can do to piss them off is run and read all the lovely hate mail.As I said,if you claim that ganking is fair and permitted,then I'll answer that also running away is permitted.4 people annoyed is better than one.

Boysapunk
02-23-2017, 01:59 AM
That way you'll gonna win a fight out of ten.I instead like to think that those are dishonorable players.They negate me a fair fight,ruining my fun.Then,why should you have easy life fighting me 3v1?The only thing I can do to piss them off is run and read all the lovely hate mail.As I said,if you claim that ganking is fair and permitted,then I'll answer that also running away is permitted.4 people annoyed is better than one.

Sorry, but that's a rather toxic mindset, which won't bring you forward as a player. Just as toxic as the ones ganking you. You can't fight cancer with more cancer. You fight cancer with a cure, which is a constructive mindset, even if the constructiveness is for yourself and not towards others.

Maasik
02-23-2017, 02:00 AM
While I wouldnt call running in circles as the last man in your group a "valid tactic".. theres nothing inherently wrong with it other than being a minor irritation.

If youre on the winning team just have 1 person guarding each body that wasnt executed, if any, and then the rest can emote spam in the middle of the map or whatever while the last guy runs from sprint buff to sprint buff spamming "Wow!" in the quickchat. Of youre on the losing team, go grab a snack or check emails or something.

Who cares if its a waste of time, if that last person isnt confident in their ability to handle a gank with revenge then let them run like a chicken with their head cut off while you turn on the Benny Hill theme and laugh at their desperation.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 02:07 AM
Sorry, but that's a rather toxic mindset, which won't bring you forward as a player. Just as toxic as the ones ganking you. You can't fight cancer with more cancer. You fight cancer with a cure, which is a constructive mindset, even if the constructiveness is for yourself and not towards others.

A cure is made to help those with a desease,not the sane.And since no one can tell how the game should be played,the only thing you can do in this cases is to be an annoyance for them.