PDA

View Full Version : What's better? Offense or Defense

IronxSkullx55
02-22-2017, 11:59 PM
I'm making this thread just to see how other people like to play the game. I'm wondering if people think a more offensive style (nonstop attacking, keeping enemy on their toes with different attacks, etc.) or a more defensive style (parrying, counter attacking, etc.) I like to play a more defensive style. Letting my enemy attack first while I try to find an opening.

lucasnrachel
02-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Oh I guess defensively , blocking and letting them wear themselves out and parry the slow heavies and unlockables

. But if I had not read you entire post like I'll bet a lot of others will not bother and when this post gets longer if it does you'll get gear stats instead as answer.

Shmoffy
02-23-2017, 12:51 AM
As Valkyrie I tend to be far more offensive. With that low damage and health I can't risk missing a block or parry so I do my best to create an opening and whittle away at that health bar.

rafiqul84
02-23-2017, 12:56 AM
Warlord main: essentially my game plan is to land a shield counter and then harass my opponent to death. So defensive at first then scary offense when the times right.

Duckbit
02-23-2017, 12:58 AM
I don't know. I adapt.

Drazard_TCR
02-23-2017, 01:06 AM
defense completely and utterly hands down dominates an offensive style.

In high level play if you attack you get parried, blocked, countered. attacking first leads to death in the hands of a semi-decent player.

DemonReborn23
02-23-2017, 01:08 AM
I'm making this thread just to see how other people like to play the game. I'm wondering if people think a more offensive style (nonstop attacking, keeping enemy on their toes with different attacks, etc.) or a more defensive style (parrying, counter attacking, etc.) I like to play a more defensive style. Letting my enemy attack first while I try to find an opening.

Offense or defense ... hmmmmmmmmmmm i vote for ledge

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 01:10 AM
As I play mainly Shugoki, Bezerker, Orochi and Valkyrie now I prefer Offense. (I also suck and blocking and parrying)

There is something deeply satisfying about just rushing in and taking it to the opponent and them being thrown off balance by your assault.

(I also feel like a wuss when I just sit there and wait for an attack. I feel cowardly)

GewaltSam
02-23-2017, 01:22 AM
Offense, defense... a skilled fighter should master all the disciplines and choose his tools appropriately.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 01:24 AM
Offense, defense... a skilled fighter should master all the disciplines and choose his tools appropriately.

Why git guud when you can just stand next to a ledge all game and throw people off.

Or just run away from all fights and only come at people when they have no health.

(Partially kidding. Some people do this stuff and consider it "Skill". Drives me nuts.)

Miadous
02-23-2017, 01:49 AM
This game established itself as the Defense meta even in beta. You can win fights without taking damage purely by playing defense if your timing is good enough. I, however, find that very boring and sometimes would rather lose going crazy on someone. It's not all that fun having a staring contest waiting to see who will attack first, get parried, GB, overhead heavy, and lose a big chunk of health and now at a large disadvantage because they made the mistake of trying to be on Offense.