PDA

View Full Version : The most legitimately dumb reason someone has complained about 'honor' for.

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 09:27 PM
Three times in a row in one duel. This guy tries to guard break me with his back to a cliff.

Complains about honor when I counter and he falls off.

Says their reporting me for griefing.

I don't think he even make do the brain thing.

I mean, I apparently don't have any in the first place because I will throw someone off a ledge if their playing like a cheesey *****.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 09:28 PM
Three times in a row in one duel. This guy tries to guard break me with his back to a cliff.

Complains about honor when I counter and he falls off.

Says their reporting me for griefing.

I don't think he even make do the brain thing.

He's probably just trolling.

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
He's probably just trolling.

The sad bit is this isn't the first person I've had go all Honor Police and proceed to carry on with mentally handicapped wailing in all caps in chat for this.

Alpnar
02-22-2017, 09:35 PM
There are no rules in Love and War.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 09:47 PM
The sad bit is this isn't the first person I've had go all Honor Police and proceed to carry on with mentally handicapped wailing in all caps in chat for this.

Well I mean, there're obviously a lot of Honor Police people around, but the situation you described is just so nonsensical and ridiculous that I feel it might've been satirical.

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 09:54 PM
War has its heroes and its villains, whom both are subjective and often lost to history.

FirstSlayer09
02-22-2017, 09:56 PM
i have a very capable pc but i am so glad i bought this game for ps4. pc cancer chat? no thanks

cawatrooper9
02-22-2017, 09:59 PM
Pushing people is a game mechanic.

Jump off cliffs is not a game mechanic.

Pushing people off cliffs is a game mechanic.

Clearly the devs meant for players to be able to push people off to their death. Whining about it in the game is silly. That guy whining about it when he's countered is even worse.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 10:07 PM
Actually my bad, I've misread it as "the guy tried to guardbreak me off of a cliff", so it's not as ridiculous as I thought. Well yea then, it's pretty dumb of him.

D_cover
02-22-2017, 10:16 PM
I think most people need to get over the pushing off of ledges. I do think the counter guard break needs a slightly longer window since I haven't been able to purposely counter once. Only by chance when I intend to break my opponents guard.

But I faced a person that won a duel against me by shoving me off a ledge and when switching to another player I ended up in the same game with them and they must of not recognized me despite playing my main again Raider which is not that common compared to the other classes. When rushed them off the ledge they started the whole "no honor" ranting.

I just said practice what you preach and they claimed they never faced me and that they would of remembered.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Maybe one day we will have maps free from ledges.Till then,if I Gb someone near a cliff,I push them back.I want a sword fight,not a cheesy kill.

FailOfHDDVD
02-23-2017, 10:57 AM

People wanting honor in a video game, are mentally disabled

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 11:01 AM

I could say the same about those that want only to win without earning nothing about It.

Sirrkas
02-23-2017, 11:43 AM
There seem to be a lot of hypocrites in the honor department. In one brawl, I just finished my opponent and was about to execute him. I saw the nobushi running towards me and made a roll as soon as possible. I didn't even notice, that her spear was in my screen, the moment I dodged it (saw it on my replay). Next round, the nobushi killed me and "waited" for the other two to finish their duell. My ally was able to push the enemy down into the swamp and in the animation the nobushi grabs my ally and kills him. When we started to go 2vs1 next round, they complained about us being without honor.

Another brawl was similar. I fought as LB another LB and stomped him pretty much. After he failed 2 or 3 GBs right in front of the spikewall I decided to push him into the spides instead, with his 2 bars left. Next turn I fight the nobushi and are about to finish her, she runs away towards LB, who just killed my ally and they are clearly about to start a 2vs1. I donīt know why he claimed, I would be the most horrible person he have ever met ingame, just because I run away, when he was out of stamina to finish his ally first, allowing us to do him the same favor and fight 2vs1 with him.

It was fun to defeat both teams, but people complaining about "no honor" are usually the worst.

NeoVidia
02-23-2017, 11:45 AM

Pretty sure you are mentally disabled if you can't even understand the flip side.

Because in 1v1's I'd rather take an honest fight over throwing someone off a cliff. Don't get me wrong, if someone positions himself badly I'm not gonna stop using my abilities if it means he gets thrown off. But I do not see the fun in throwing someone off with full HP with GB spamming. Feels like someone padding his stats to me, meanwhile he won't be able to win a fight on a map without those hazard, or someone out-positioning him. If you want to be dependent on the map to win HF, with the upcoming changes countering GB will be easier and your B&B will go out of the window.

Its not about honor. Its about having an actual ****ing fight.

There seem to be a lot of hypocrites in the honor department. In one brawl, I just finished my opponent and was about to execute him. I saw the nobushi running towards me and made a roll as soon as possible. I didn't even notice, that her spear was in my screen, the moment I dodged it (saw it on my replay). Next round, the nobushi killed me and "waited" for the other two to finish their duell. My ally was able to push the enemy down into the swamp and in the animation the nobushi grabs my ally and kills him. When we started to go 2vs1 next round, they complained about us being without honor.

Another brawl was similar. I fought as LB another LB and stomped him pretty much. After he failed 2 or 3 GBs right in front of the spikewall I decided to push him into the spides instead, with his 2 bars left. Next turn I fight the nobushi and are about to finish her, she runs away towards LB, who just killed my ally and they are clearly about to start a 2vs1. I donīt know why he claimed, I would be the most horrible person he have ever met ingame, just because I run away, when he was out of stamina to finish his ally first, allowing us to do him the same favor and fight 2vs1 with him.

It was fun to defeat both teams, but people complaining about "no honor" are usually the worst.

In this specific case I do think being able to attack/kill someone while in an execute or throw off animation is silly. Giving people extra health during or even immunity during execute would make the execute gear stat more viable as well. But that is an entire discussion on its own.