PDA

View Full Version : Ask A Ninja!

JustInsertAName
02-22-2017, 09:00 PM
So I feel like we've gotten pretty close over the week, blood has been shed, lives have been lost and like the sun rises in the east, so does the blood pressure of anyone that happens to face the dreaded "orochi"...Now I know what you're going to say. "He's for weeb F*gs who like to **** with their **** up their ******". I'm paraphrasing. I think the best thing to increase our public relations, Kind of like a customer service representative of the Samurai delegate, Orochi division. If you have any questions, concerns or overall ideas to help make the class function better, feel free to drop in and add to topic. In turn I can offer inside advice as to better help combat pesky people who abuse a broken system.

drdaniel95
02-22-2017, 09:15 PM
I find this weird. Might be because im quite new and never played the beta.

But i find all the picks to be just equally powerfull. Considering that you as a player controll most of the damage neglection, and crowd controll breaking. Compare this to a game where a set number of damageis to be delivered upon button pressing and aloot more RNG. Aka World of Warcraft.
Here I can actully deny damage by blocking, and there for after each matchup I can most of the time find a way that would had given me the kill. Or atlest increased my presure.

Can you give me an insight to why Orochi is consider aids? Because i can't feel the rage when i play vs him. :)

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Can you give me an insight to why Orochi is consider aids? Because i can't feel the rage when i play vs him. :)

People complain about assassin-type classes in almost every game. Don't try to reason with them, just ignore it. Basically I think it's their ability to punish those who play casually and only know mechanics on a superficial level that triggers them.

Immortal_Zeal
02-22-2017, 09:24 PM
Orochi is the class bad players cry at who can't counter GB and avoid dash attacks.

Sincerely, a Berserker.

JustInsertAName
02-22-2017, 09:30 PM
I find this weird. Might be because im quite new and never played the beta.

But i find all the picks to be just equally powerfull. Considering that you as a player controll most of the damage neglection, and crowd controll breaking. Compare this to a game where a set number of damageis to be delivered upon button pressing and aloot more RNG. Aka World of Warcraft.
Here I can actully deny damage by blocking, and there for after each matchup I can most of the time find a way that would had given me the kill. Or atlest increased my presure.

Personally i have encountered "serpents"(ie. the ones who spend most of the fight dodging/running) who only seek to engage in combat when the odds seem favorable. They spam zephyr slash and storm rushes to keep their opponents on the defensive end of the spectrum. These guys are also usually negligent of their stamina bars (on lower levels)
so it's best to let them beat themselves. The higher levels usually have a lot more bait and hit tactics, punishing you for making mistakes and exploiting weaknesses in defenses with quick light attacks from all directions, I find people who riptide strike to be the most dangerous when used correctly.

JustInsertAName
02-22-2017, 09:31 PM
Orochi is the class bad players cry at who can't counter GB and avoid dash attacks.

Sincerely, a Berserker.

I respect a berserker who knows his strengths, They can make light work of just about any class with minimal effort at high skill levels.

JustInsertAName
02-22-2017, 09:37 PM
People complain about assassin-type classes in almost every game. Don't try to reason with them, just ignore it. Basically I think it's their ability to punish those who play casually and only know mechanics on a superficial level that triggers them.

The most common complaint is that of someone who doesn't know what they're up against, they figure attacking a counter attacker is the thing to do. Most times I punish people for making the most rudimentary mistakes. Guard Up at all times, watch their movements, keep an eye on the opponents guard, be aware of their GB range. most times I don't attack in an exchange for at least 30 seconds. Feel out the enemy and gauge the play, how can you beat a someone you refuse to acknowledge?

G0BackT0G0
02-22-2017, 10:07 PM
i had to google what the word weeb means. i could not care less is someone watches animes, but i can not take anyone serious who uses the word weeb. thats like someone with an IQ of 50 calling someone else an idiot.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 10:12 PM
i had to google what the word weeb means. i could not care less is someone watches animes, but i can not take anyone serious who uses the word weeb. thats like someone with an IQ of 50 calling someone else an idiot.

Why can't you take them serious and how is the usage of the word weeb comparable to an actual idiot calling someone else an idiot? I'd understand the analogy if it was an actual weeaboo calling someone else "weeb", but as of now it barely makes any sense to me. Also weeb isn't just someone who watches animes.

JustInsertAName
02-22-2017, 10:19 PM
Personally I find it to be stupid, just like knights are tin cans. Does that mean vikings are rapist?

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 10:27 PM
Personally I find it to be stupid, just like knights are tin cans. Does that mean vikings are rapist?

I don't believe there's anyone who at the same time is more intelligent than a rock and actually thinks playing a japanese faction makes one a weeb. But for the meme value, it's not that stupid or unreasonable to call samurai weebs. It's the same with the knights who meme with DEUS VULT! and stuff. You can also be creative with stuff like DESU VULT! as a samurai or smth.

JustInsertAName
02-23-2017, 07:59 PM
I don't believe there's anyone who at the same time is more intelligent than a rock and actually thinks playing a japanese faction makes one a weeb. But for the meme value, it's not that stupid or unreasonable to call samurai weebs. It's the same with the knights who meme with DEUS VULT! and stuff. You can also be creative with stuff like DESU VULT! as a samurai or smth.

I think that with enough ingenuity, we can come up with something other than lame names that are overused at this point.