PDA

View Full Version : I'd honestly like to know who made the call to an AAA title release with P2P

LainGG
02-22-2017, 08:59 PM
connection.

Because as excited as I was with For Honor, and I do love the playstyle and PVP, but releasing a game with peer-2-peer connection in this day and age is pure laziness, and definitely a cheap cop out to actual servers. I'm sorry but to have to deal with DoS attacks, mid match freezes when the host leaves to a possibly laggier host, and even lag switches. Did someone honestly thing this was a good call?

berlustoni
02-22-2017, 09:06 PM
Its a Shame.
50% of the time you either are Trapped in matchmaking or you get in match and then get kicked cause of Network Errors. Sometimes there is no Error but the match is ****ed Because of Balance between Teams. Eg 2 bots in team

LainGG
02-22-2017, 09:08 PM
Its a Shame.
50% of the time you either are Trapped in matchmaking or you get in match and then get kicked cause of Network Errors. Sometimes there is no Error but the match is ****ed Because of Balance between Teams. Eg 2 bots in team

Agreed, I actually do feel like 50% is entirely accurate for the disconnects, and the bots are just as bad especially if the opposing team has a full team of actual players, and nobody can deny this

Fa3r.
02-22-2017, 09:09 PM
Was it what was best for the game? Nope.

But it sure saved them a hell of a lot of money.

It takes real balls to release a half-assed game that is $60 with MICRO-TRANSACTIONS and no dedicated servers.

Holy greed. Definitely my last Ubisoft product. I wish I wasn't hoping for a better game of this genre for so long, or I wouldn't have even chanced it.

The mechanics of the game are so unrefined as well.

Munktor
02-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Out of curiousity, is there any fighting game ever released multiplatform (xbox/playstation/pc) that was not a P2P connection model?

To me, it would seem very difficult and expensive to have that many dedicated servers for all the small lobbies that will be had.

LainGG
02-22-2017, 09:15 PM
Out of curiousity, is there any fighting game ever released multiplatform (xbox/playstation/pc) that was not a P2P connection model?

To me, it would seem very difficult and expensive to have that many dedicated servers for all the small lobbies that will be had.

Please tell me you didn't just call this a fighting game.

Munktor
02-22-2017, 09:18 PM
Please tell me you didn't just call this a fighting game.

It's clearly designed as a 3D fighting game...I'd be hard pressed to find someone that was big into fighting games NOT draw the same comparison.

But even if we disagree on it being a fighting game, the question holds true.

LainGG
02-22-2017, 09:22 PM
It's clearly designed as a 3D fighting game...I'd be hard pressed to find someone that was big into fighting games NOT draw the same comparison.

But even if we disagree on it being a fighting game, the question holds true.

The game more closely resembles League of Legends/MOBAs with a Dark Souls style of play unless you're considering just 1v1s which would make slightly more sense. Either way it shouldn't matter ubisoft should be more preventive of problems such as DoS attacks and Lag switches etc that have become quite a problem within games that use a P2P network
This game is not tekken or SF in any way shape or form

StrakT
02-22-2017, 09:26 PM
Too bad it is a fighting game. Ubisoft even calls it a 3rd person fighting game.

"Ubiosft.com official page. For Honor is a third-person melee fighting game from Ubisoft Montreal, coming on PS4, Xbox One and PC!"

Also:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-14-for-honor-is-the-best-fighting-game-ive-played-in-ages

If you don't think its a fighting game you're delusional

Munktor
02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
The game more closely resembles League of Legends/MOBAs with a Dark Souls style of play unless you're considering just 1v1s which would make slightly more sense. Either way it shouldn't matter ubisoft should be more preventive of problems such as DoS attacks and Lag switches etc that have become quite a problem within games that use a P2P network
This game is not tekken or SF in any way shape or form

Not in any way, shape, or form? I'm guessing you're not actually familiar with how that phrase works, so I won't bother pointing out how utterly foolish it is to use here in this scenario.

Anywho, you still didn't answer the question - because we both know the answer.

LainGG
02-22-2017, 09:29 PM
Too bad it is a fighting game. Ubisoft even calls it a 3rd person fighting game.

"Ubiosft.com official page. For Honor is a third-person melee fighting game from Ubisoft Montreal, coming on PS4, Xbox One and PC!"

Also:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-02-14-for-honor-is-the-best-fighting-game-ive-played-in-ages

If you don't think its a fighting game you're delusional

I can call my skin tan but that wouldn't change that fact that it's not. calling for honor a fighting game and it actually fitting in the genre are two entirely different subjects.

StrakT
02-22-2017, 09:34 PM
I can call my skin tan but that wouldn't change that fact that it's not. calling for honor a fighting game and it actually fitting in the genre are two entirely different subjects.

You can call your skin whatever you want lol. Do I trust the words of ubisoft and plenty of reviewers and my own instinct? Or do i trust some random on the forum complaining about p2p because he most likely sucks and compares the game to a MOBA?

Obvious answer is obvious.

Munktor
02-22-2017, 09:34 PM

But when the developer, posters on the board, and nearly every gaming review company out there disagrees with you...you're wrong. You don't decide what kind of game it is. The developer does, and game reviewers critique it objectively based on such. The only subjective criticisms lay within players like or dislike of it. Objectively speaking, this is a 3D fighting game set in the 3rd person.

Chain attacks (combos), counters, and techs (guardbreaks) kind of make it clear they were going for "fighting game" crowd.

I'm not even sure why i'm still discussing this with someone that can't properly use the phrase "any way, shape, or form". This will be my last reply to you. Enjoy life.

LainGG
02-22-2017, 09:37 PM
But when the developer, posters on the board, and nearly every gaming review company out there disagrees with you...you're wrong. You don't decide what kind of game it is. The developer does, and game reviewers critique it objectively based on such. The only subjective criticisms lay within players like or dislike of it. Objectively speaking, this is a 3D fighting game set in the 3rd person.

Chain attacks (combos), counters, and techs (guardbreaks) kind of make it clear they were going for "fighting game" crowd.

I'm not even sure why i'm still discussing this with someone that can't properly use the phrase "any way, shape, or form". This will be my last reply to you. Enjoy life.

Are you that upset that I didn't use commas there pal, because my statement is still standing strong either way.

"Chain attacks (combos), counters, and techs (guardbreaks)"

Wait Dark Souls uses all of these and it's not considered a fighting game.

LainGG
02-22-2017, 09:43 PM
You can call your skin whatever you want lol. Do I trust the words of ubisoft and plenty of reviewers and my own instinct? Or do i trust some random on the forum complaining about p2p because he most likely sucks and compares the game to a MOBA?

Obvious answer is obvious.

instead of telling me that do you "trust some random on the forum" explain how my comparison was wrong. lmfao

LegendaryPLANK
02-22-2017, 09:45 PM
DCs aren't even he worst part. Being killed through my guard because of desync (presumably)? Makes me question why I'm even playing.

Knight_Gregor
02-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Give Ubisoft Montreal a call and tell 'em how you really feel...

1-514-490-2000

It's not like we live in a day and age where companies can just hide after taking their customers for a ride. You're complaints will at least get as far as they will on the forums.

CarnivalLaw
02-23-2017, 06:49 PM
connection.

Because as excited as I was with For Honor, and I do love the playstyle and PVP, but releasing a game with peer-2-peer connection in this day and age is pure laziness, and definitely a cheap cop out to actual servers. I'm sorry but to have to deal with DoS attacks, mid match freezes when the host leaves to a possibly laggier host, and even lag switches. Did someone honestly thing this was a good call?

Because Bungie and Activision made a schit-ton of money using P2P in Destiny.

The onus is on us to speak with our wallets. I bought this game because it's a ton of fun, even with the cheap P2P network they went with.