PDA

View Full Version : What happened with dodging vs Orochi?

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 08:53 PM
Anyone else notice that the Orochi's attacks seek you out when you dodge? I believe this happened since the hot fix, but it is now out right impossible to dodge an Orochi's attack. My brother's main is a Rochi and we just tested it for 15 minutes and I wasn't able to dodge almost any of his attacks with my Zerker. Overhead dash attack, heavies, lights -- they were all impossible to dodge. The only Rochi attack you can still dodge (seemingly) is his charge up attack, but all others just auto-seek the person dodging.

That's the weird thing, you can still dodge and the animation looks like it's going to dodge, but the Orochi's attack just ends on the Zerker. Like it just snaps over to the Zerker's model and ends up connecting. This happens whether I time the dodge itself with the attack or the reposte attack.

Anyone else notice this? Or is it just on the Zerker? I have never had a problem with the Rochi before on my Zerker, and kind of laughed at the majority of the forums claiming the Rochi is OP, but if you can't dodge his attacks he's completely impossible to beat.

Gensui.Musashi
02-22-2017, 08:57 PM
It happens on every Class. I also try to block, the animation shows me that im doing it but i still get hitted.

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 08:59 PM
This always happened, and it's due to the Zerker having a poor dodge range. You cannot rely on dodging attacks that sweep, and must go for a parry or block instead. Best way to practice is against bots while using dashing to attack only.

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 09:00 PM
It happens on every Class. I also try to block, the animation shows me that im doing it but i still get hitted.

Did it just start for you since the hotfix patch?

Gensui.Musashi
02-22-2017, 09:01 PM
Did it just start for you since the hotfix patch?

yes noticed it today + everyone is teleporting now (sometimes)

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 09:01 PM
This always happened, and it's due to the Zerker having a poor dodge range. You cannot rely on dodging attacks that sweep, and must go for a parry or block instead. Best way to practice is against bots while using dashing to attack only.

Lol! I have a 90% win rate on the Zerker and routinely destroy Rochis dude. They're not hard to beat with the Zerker and I didn't notice anything weird with the dodging until recently.

I'm also talking abotu straight attacks that come from overhead, which wouldn't apply to your theory at all.

The zerker doesn't have a poor dodge range either, since the initial dodge counts + the reposte attack that counts as another potential dodge.

yes noticed it today + everyone is teleporting now (sometimes)

Wow, wtf...

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 09:06 PM
Lol! I have a 90% win rate on the Zerker and routinely destroy Rochis dude. They're not hard to beat with the Zerker and I didn't notice anything weird with the dodging until recently.

I'm also talking abotu straight attacks that come from overhead, which wouldn't apply to your theory at all.

The zerker doesn't have a poor dodge range either, since the initial dodge counts + the reposte attack that counts as another potential dodge.

Good for you pal, but I'm afraid not noticing it until recently doesn't mean it didn't always exist. Not only that, but with such a high win rate, perhaps you're just being matched with better Orochi that are exploiting the Zerker's poor dodge.

The Zerker DOES have one of the worst dodge ranges out of all the characters, on par with Warden. They cover less ground when pressing space/A/X.

Gensui.Musashi
02-22-2017, 09:07 PM
Good for you pal, but I'm afraid not noticing it until recently doesn't mean it didn't always exist. Not only that, but with such a high win rate, perhaps you're just being matched with better Orochi that are exploiting the Zerker's poor dodge.

The Zerker DOES have one of the worst dodge ranges out of all the characters, on par with Warden. They cover less ground when pressing space/A/X.

? Zerker is pretty good as he is

Delectable_Sin
02-22-2017, 09:08 PM

Factually incorrect. The dodge range on the Zerker is identical to the Orochi. In fact, they use the exact same animation.

As for not noticing the issue until now, that's entirely possible. If that's the case, they still need to fix it. It's ridiculous that you can dodge something but the game teleports the player over to you and you take damage.