PDA

View Full Version : Is getting hit by guardbreak while attacking supposed to happen?

MemoireStar
02-22-2017, 08:37 PM
Is there a window during attacks where you can get guardbroken?
Because I keep getting thrown around while trying to attack people. The stamina for starting my attack is gone and the attack stops without anything happening to the enemy. I even had it happen during Raider's zone attack.

Trajan.
02-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Is there a window during attacks where you can get guardbroken?
Because I keep getting thrown around while trying to attack people. The stamina for starting my attack is gone and the attack stops without anything happening to the enemy. I even had it happen during Raider's zone attack.

From what i can gather, no. I have broken guard break attempts with light attacks, but others shrug it off and continue to punish me, gotta admit i'm trying to understand the certain mechanics and how they work, for it to change game to game. The only consistent buggers are the AI.

DemonReborn23
02-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Nop the only guy that can do that is berserker why because he was a bug that allow him to do that , on the moment that you are using a heavy he guard break you ubi already known about the situation next patch will be fixed

Toast_Addict
02-22-2017, 08:46 PM
yes it is.....
Light attacks stop guard break attempt and combo'd heavies,

initial heavy attack can get guard broken if they do it at the start of your animation

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 08:46 PM
This happens if the enemy character's GB animation is faster than your attack animation.

In turn, it's why Peacekeepers and Orochi are the most overused and easiest to pick up and play. Their fast light attack animations make it nigh impossible for them to be guard broken, and their GB is faster than the light attack of most of the roster.

TucuReborn
02-22-2017, 08:47 PM
Supposed to happen; no.

Does it happen; yes.

Theoretically, GB should only break guard. Attacking is not guarding, therefore it technically should not effect it.

However, the game in the current condition prefers to think of "I'm not being hit right now" as guarding.

Can't tell you how many times I used an attack and got GB because it was slow, and even then, it is only sometimes.

Toast_Addict
02-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Supposed to happen; no.

Does it happen; yes.

Theoretically, GB should only break guard. Attacking is not guarding, therefore it technically should not effect it.

However, the game in the current condition prefers to think of "I'm not being hit right now" as guarding.

Can't tell you how many times I used an attack and got GB because it was slow, and even then, it is only sometimes.

They should have just called it grabs or grapple, not guard break.....

its not just "guard break" because you can grab people who are running or dashing... aka NOT GUARDING

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-22-2017, 08:50 PM
Ya, I am not able to GB during any animation what so ever. Even if they are stumbling backwards or in any kind of attack animation, even without stamina, you are unable to GB them. I honestly think you should be able to GB during something like a slow, heavy attack especially if they are throwing that attack with no stamina because in a real fight it would just make sense to grab an opponent who is moving very slowly like that. What I find more annoying is when I am GB'ing an enemy and a teammate runs up and hits me and it just interrupts the GB/throw entirely.

TCTF_SWAT
02-22-2017, 08:51 PM
This happens if the enemy character's GB animation is faster than your attack animation.

In turn, it's why Peacekeepers and Orochi are the most overused and easiest to pick up and play. Their fast light attack animations make it nigh impossible for them to be guard broken, and their GB is faster than the light attack of most of the roster.

Orochi is on the slow side of lights.....what are you talking about?