PDA

View Full Version : Why the movie was so bad !?

Usercake
02-22-2017, 07:32 PM
seriously I can't believe what I just watched , literally the worst assassin's creed story EVER ! your brought in good actors but everything else was wrong with the movie , it sucked in one word ... worst story ever , poor screenplay writing , bad design , it really pissed me off , if you only had copy pasted one of AC games into a movie it would've turned out better than this , either you spent a low budget to make a movie like this or director had no good taste , only good thing was the trailer ...I hope I never see a sequel of this movie it just ruined series for me , what a letdown .

ERICATHERINE
02-22-2017, 09:53 PM
There is already a thread for this kind of comment. Here. ^-^

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1252276-AC-Movie-Discussion-Thread-(SPOILERS)/page143

Usercake
02-23-2017, 11:04 AM
There is already a thread for this kind of comment. Here. ^-^

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1252276-AC-Movie-Discussion-Thread-(SPOILERS)/page143

I don't care ! the movie was so bad I didn't bother searching , I wanna go vomit now

darthmarticus
02-23-2017, 01:39 PM
What sort of response are you looking for here? I thought the film was really good, 8/10.

ERICATHERINE
02-23-2017, 02:38 PM
I thought the film was really good, 8/10.

This for me too. ^-^

Usercake
02-23-2017, 06:35 PM
What sort of response are you looking for here? I thought the film was really good, 8/10.

This for me too. ^-^

no offense but movie sucked not only for many but for many people especially the ones who are not AC fanatics unlike you ( no offense again but you are fanatics ) that stops you from seeing the truth , movie was really really bad it had over 1000+ issues , if I was a good movie it wouldn't get 18% on rotten tomatoes & it could've be a nominee for golden globes or oscars , afterall they had oscar winning actors as major roles but every thing else SUCKED hard . I hate it , I'm angry that I spent nearly 2 hours watching nonsense and that is a FACT .

rob1990312
02-24-2017, 03:22 AM
The film is eedited down a good bit I've seen it a couple of times now and I think the film is edited in a way that makes it more streamlined and faster paced it goes from one action piece to another instead of a more dialogue heavy approach I don't think it's terrible but it could be a lot better
I think it was strange that they make it cannon as it doesn't fit smoothly for instance abstergo have founded dozens of poe s but the film makes it seem otherwise I'd have enjoyed it a lot better if it wasn't part of the cannon and just a separate adaption free of all the heavy lore
As for fanatics on here, it's hard to criticise anything ac on here without some yes Man / woman telling you how great ac is and how wrong you are but it doesn't aapply to all the usual suspects on here, some of them have great theory and opinions
I'd give it 6 out of 10 I'd like to say 7 but I'd be biased

Sorrosyss
02-24-2017, 01:56 PM
Sorry you didn't like it. Coming to the official forum will get fans to respond to you with biased positivity though. Not quite sure what you was expecting. :p

That being said, the critics clearly had an agenda because if you believe them this was a 2/10 movie. They said the same about Warcraft and Suicide Squad but I enjoyed those *shrug*. If you look at user reviews though its averaging 6.7 on Metacritic, and 3.5 stars on Amazon. In my view as a massive fan, I'd rate it around the same. It wasn't flawless, it had issues (especially with lore) but I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the franchise in a different medium. Converting one of the games to a movie would have been a total disaster though. You couldn't take the hours upon hours of say Assassin's Creed 1, and do it justice with a 90 minute film. For what the movie did manage, I felt it was familiar enough to fit with the IP, and in that regard had a modicum of success even though the box office doesn't really reflect it. (But then you could blame the critics for that mostly).

cawatrooper9
02-24-2017, 04:24 PM
A huge issue with film critics is that they're often looking for the next coffee house or Oscar-bait film, without recognizing that many audiences just want to relax to a well done popcorn flick.

Sure, I often like some deeper meaning with my films, but I don't think we should judge Assassins Creed, Rogue One, or Suicide Squad by the same standards as Manchester by the Sea or Moonlight. That's just silly. That's like a food critic who normally goes to fine French cuisine going to a local beloved food truck and heavily criticizing the "atmosphere" of it.

I still haven't seen Assassins Creed yet, but I was honestly hoping to learn something about it in this thread through criticism. I'd be much more interested in what you have to say beyond simply not liking it, especially since you went to the effort of creating and respond to a thread here.

Black_Widow9
02-24-2017, 10:19 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Please use the linked thread above.

Thanks