PDA

View Full Version : HELP! How do I escape conq vortex?

SerArthur-Dayne
02-22-2017, 06:19 PM
I play as warden but I just cant seem to escape the conqueror's shield bash to (heavy?) attacks, just looking for some advice on how to counter this as im all out of ideas atm. Im usually half decent against every other player (2.5 k/d) but im just getting mercilessly destroyed by them!

I try to dodge the shield bash, but every single time it hits me regardless. I can pull off deflects when I play with PK, and that seems about 10 times more probable than dodging a bash.

I just end up getting bashed into a wall, and then stuck in a spamwich which I cant roll away from. When I try to bash him, even if he jumps first, then I bash him mid air, I get knocked over aswell.

The only sucess ive had so far is to just roll away after taking a number of hits, at whick time the roll costs so much stam that I cant run and just get bashed again from behind. Or with some sucess, I manage to parry the 3rd attack, as I cant even regular block untill ive copped about 2 hit from getting up off the floor.

Has anyone one got any tips for me?(or others looking to learn), Itd be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Scoregasms2286
02-22-2017, 06:39 PM
I find it extremely easy to dodge on fast characters, but im maining valk, and it is literally the hardest, Her recovery time after being hit by the heavy is the worst, I try spamming the dodge cause i see it coming and it works about 50% of the time. I also cant block or parry the heavy because of the recovery time.

So I could also use some pointers lol, its easy with PK and I get free poke dmg.

BiZkiT_Walwin
02-22-2017, 07:00 PM
Exact same problem here. I'm rep 5 Warden but getting destroyed by the worst players in the game when using the conqueror. I read somewhere that its supposed to be some kind of counter hero to the warden but wardens barely stand a chance against conquerors abusing their cheese.

Proof:
https://youtu.be/sig1DFVZNUM

And yes, I did of course try to dodge away block or parry nothing works!

SerArthur-Dayne
02-22-2017, 07:06 PM
Exact same problem here. I'm rep 5 Warden but getting destroyed by the worst players in the game when using the conqueror. I read somewhere that its supposed to be some kind of counter hero to the warden but wardens barely stand a chance against conquerors abusing their cheese.

Proof:
https://youtu.be/sig1DFVZNUM

And yes, I did of course try to dodge away block or parry nothing works!

Thats exactly what im talking about, thanks for the vid! And even if I manage to get a dodge in first before the spam starts, it still bowls me over mid dodge and you just get stuck with nothing you can do like your vid.

x LethalNoodle
02-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Hahahha! That video! I can almost -taste- your frustration as you press those keys harder!

CitizenPuddi
02-22-2017, 07:55 PM
lol, wardens complaining about vortex cheese

:Edit: I mean, yeah. I get it. It's a serious problem that needs to be addressed. But still. It's funny.

PathlessMoss
02-22-2017, 07:58 PM
The Video is the effects of Revenge. When Revenge is activated all bash abilities Even the Wardens shoulder bash knocks players to the ground. Very little you can do if you get cought in it.

Outside revenge the bash will only knock you back, not down.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 08:16 PM
lol, wardens complaining about vortex cheese

:Edit: I mean, yeah. I get it. It's a serious problem that needs to be addressed. But still. It's funny.

^
Lol exactly what I was thinking.

That being said I usually just let off L2/LT/Targeting and roll backwards. I usually use LB so it should work, maybe I was playing against worse Conqs though.