PDA

View Full Version : End Game Gear Grind Doesn't Make Sense...

Jadarok
02-22-2017, 05:26 PM
As you farm higher and high level gear, you are essentially forced to min-max and specialize. But...what if you don't want to? Is taking all the Gear off the only option? What if I wanted to do something in the middle? I don't want +100% Attack and -100% to Defense be my only option. And with how the crate/scavenge system works, it's not like I can even get more lower level gear to fake it after a while. You are FORCED to min-max to the extreme, or not to where armor at all. once you get to be a certain level.

And then you have many people complaining that match making should do better with people's Gear Score, when all I see are just more specialized heroes...not just flat out stronger ones. Well besdies Revenge builds...but that's more of a Revenge issue...not a gear one.

It just seems off to me that Higher Level = More specialized and it feels like it shouldn't be so.

TheRealNichivo
02-22-2017, 05:54 PM
It would be nice, if they would add some middle of the road options. There are a few gear pieces that having a more balanced stat option would be preferable.

Jadarok
02-22-2017, 05:57 PM
Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems you can't even customize "Default" armor. So even if you insist on not min-maxing, you can't customize your look.

GewaltSam
02-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Well, I beat up gear score 100s with my about 45 Berserker. It doesn't make you stronger automatically, it does what you said: you specialize. I don't think you "have" to, tho, or get a real disadvantage by not doing it.
You know what happens to you if you have full damage, no defense, and gift me an opportunity to parry? I tell you: Round 2 starts after.

VTheMan032
02-22-2017, 06:22 PM
Well, I beat up gear score 100s with my about 45 Berserker. It doesn't make you stronger automatically, it does what you said: you specialize. I don't think you "have" to, tho, or get a real disadvantage by not doing it.
You know what happens to you if you have full damage, no defense, and gift me an opportunity to parry? I tell you: Round 2 starts after.

Yeah it does I am in blue gear and can out right 2 shot assassins with heavys.. i play a warden so i can gb into a guaranteed side heavy... do the math it's broken AF.... Can't imagine what its like at 100

Jadarok
02-22-2017, 06:25 PM
Yeah it does I am in blue gear and can out right 2 shot assassins with heavys.. i play a warden so i can gb into a guaranteed side heavy... do the math it's broken AF.... Can't imagine what its like at 100

Yeah but what if they Counter-Guardbreak and Parry you? What is your defense with that build? You might be two shot yourself without your opponent having to build all out attack.