PDA

View Full Version : No Honor in For Honor....

Gzuss88
02-22-2017, 05:25 PM
I cant be the only person Sick and tired of people Crying about the lack oh "Honor" in game modes such as elimination and skirmish, I mean if your truly that bothered please go play the perfectly working Duel mode and dont go 2v2 god no! just stick to 1v1 that way you will never have to cry again! thankyou.

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Also don't cry when I have to play dm because of quests and run away from the gankers,after all wasn't "all is permitted in war" your code?

AgentCelt
02-22-2017, 07:28 PM
hurr durr 4 honor not with honror

x LethalNoodle
02-22-2017, 07:29 PM
I've a macro set up which says the following in teamchat everytime I join:

Hi. I play according to my code of honor. I do not expect others to do the same. Play how -you- want.
- I will not intervere in ongoing duels.
- I will not throw you off the edge in a 1v1.
- I will back off if a teammate joins our duel.
- I do not expect the same treatment nor will I ***** in chat about honor. GLHF!

That's how it should be. You can't control other people nor do you have the right to decide how they should play the game they bought. People shouldn't ***** about honor but just get on with how they enjoy the game.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 07:35 PM
As I see it, there're 2 types of players.
1. Play to win by all costs.
2. Play by your own honor code.
Personally, I'm type 2 in 2v2 and type 1 in any 4v4 mode.
But for type 2 players, there're 2 kinds of player behaviour regarding this aspect.
1. Respect others' choice for playstyle.
2. Assume your way of playing is the only right one, wonder why barely anyone else shares it, get offended by it, get butthurt, log your forums account and cry about it.
And I must assure you, there's nothing more unreasonable and self-righteous than the player type 2.2. So there's literally no reason trying to talk sense into them.

Trajan.
02-22-2017, 07:36 PM
I would agree, but it's hard to learn when in the first 5 seconds of most maps they do the running charge and throw you over the edge, or just guard break you then throw you. As a new player it's pretty bad to have to deal with that 90% of the time, as it's not like the tutorial is any good.
Hell even the duel maps are poor for any kind of "Honourable" combat, as there is every kind of obstacle and deathly fall for you to avoid, even in those.

Dark Souls 3 has a better PVP environment than this, and that's saying something. True people can still play cheap, but you know when that is the case, the duels outside pontiff? in that game are fair 90% of the time, groups of people watch and learn while a 1vs1 ensues with lag being the only real issue, however on this you can expect people to be cheap in every match and 90% of the time you will be correct.

Some more "environment friendly" maps would go a long way, not only for new players trying to learn the game.

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 07:44 PM
I'm not tired of them at all, rather I agree that there is a lack of honor in For Honor.

I do not care for the 1v1,2,3,4 nonsense mind you, what bothers me is the 'cheese' design of characters like Conq and Lawbringer and the overuse of ledges on maps. The developers have encouraged 'cheese killing,' whereby you do not kill by outplaying your opponent but rather they die because they didn't counter 1 of the half dozen guard break attempts.

You can't blame the players for doing whatever it takes to win, but you can blame the poor design of Point C on that god awful Dominion map and the lack of a guard break cooldown.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 07:46 PM
I can't really agree on the new player experience. The "running charge and throw you over the edge, or just guard break you then throw you" part is a huge part of the learning curve. You learn the displacement skills of other heroes, learn how to avoid them, master the guardbreak counters and dodges. And there's nothing dishonorable in using environment to your advantage.

YankeeJr
02-22-2017, 07:47 PM
To be honest, personally if its the last enemy standing in 3v1 or 2v1 scenario I stay out. But i see many people running away and ganging up on another teammate.

CarnivalLaw
02-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Bump. Bunch of whiny kids and neckbeards.

Trajan.
02-22-2017, 08:04 PM
I can't really agree on the new player experience. The "running charge and throw you over the edge, or just guard break you then throw you" part is a huge part of the learning curve. You learn the displacement skills of other heroes, learn how to avoid them, master the guardbreak counters and dodges. And there's nothing dishonorable in using environment to your advantage.

How do you stop a running charge on a wooden bridge that leads to a nice cliff face? It's a learning curve you don't get chance to "learn" to play against... it's like getting a hand grenade or a headshot before you even get chance to get out of the spawn point in an FPS game. You can blindly launch an attack to still get mowed down like he's a battle tank, even with a heavy attack to the skull.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 08:12 PM
How do you stop a running charge on a wooden bridge that leads to a nice cliff face? It's a learning curve you don't get chance to "learn" to play against... it's like getting a hand grenade or a headshot before you even get chance to get out of the spawn point in an FPS game. You can blindly launch an attack to still get mowed down like he's a battle tank, even with a heavy attack to the skull.

What map are you referring to? The ones I remember only have bridges connecting two pieces of ground that you can fall back to instead of staying on the bridge. So either fall back or dodge to the side to make the charge miss.

Trajan.
02-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Fall back? as in a roll? otherwise it takes forever to come out of attack mode and start running, and as a new guy your going to go in, only to find he's going to charge you right off the edge, as your character has no sense of balance and if theirs a ledge, it decides to stumble an extra metre and fall off.

Now in every game i just run to find a decent grassy patch, but that's so few and far between to find any with a decent movement range, it's usually a pit of death left, right and behind, with a crap load of obstacles inbetween.

But running a mile for a grassy path shouldn't be the answer to stop a running charge from a big guy, his skull is still vulnerable to a bashing, he should suffer, not shrug it off, he isn't a battle tank, it should be a good surprise attack, not the main unstoppable charge thats the end of all near a pit of death.

Starcanum
02-22-2017, 08:28 PM
Fall back? as in a roll? otherwise it takes forever to come out of attack mode and start running, and as a new guy your going to go in, only to find he's going to charge you right off the edge, as your character has no sense of balance and if theirs a ledge, it decides to stumble an extra metre and fall off.

Now in every game i just run to find a decent grassy patch, but that's so few and far between to find any with a decent movement range, it's usually a pit of death left, right and behind, with a crap load of obstacles inbetween.

But running a mile for a grassy path shouldn't be the answer to stop a running charge from a big guy, his skull is still vulnerable to a bashing, he should suffer, not shrug it off, he isn't a battle tank, it should be a good surprise attack, not the main unstoppable charge thats the end of all near a pit of death.

Fall back as in learn what heroes are capable of these charge moves and don't start the fight on an uneven ground, fall back to a better position before it's even started and force him to fight you where you want it, not where he wants it.

Trajan.
02-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Fall back as in learn what heroes are capable of these charge moves and don't start the fight on an uneven ground, fall back to a better position before it's even started and force him to fight you where you want it, not where he wants it.

I don't disagree, but that's a pretty poor counter, you could go as far to say "oh this guy is better than me, i'll go gank someone instead". If they provided maps without a dealthy trap left, right & centre, it would be a relief... the only maps without that are Dominion maps, that would be fantastic for duels, but you don't get any on those.

Hell, as it stands, they might aswell plop everyone together in a match and have a chaotic spamfest.