PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, don't post patch notes without a release date again.

Boysapunk
02-22-2017, 04:10 PM
As the title says.

It should have been as you did with the Hotfix Patch. You posted the notes alongside with the release date. Nobody got frustrated, as we knew what to expect.

The issue with the Upcoming Gameplay Improvement patch, is that, you have us so much in the shadows that it became really frsutrating. The biggest mistake you can do is to leave the playerbase in uncerteanity, as it creates a whole lot of salty and frustrated players. Learn from the mistake, don't do this again. There is no need for an exact date, but at least an estimation. For example first week of march, or something. If you tell us that you are still addressing bugs in it further from what you already posted, we well be even happier. But you ****ed up a bit with not giving ANY info out about it. I believe you saw this in the past few days on the forums and on the /r/forhonor subreddit.

Please. You can rectify this by learning from the past mistakes and not commiting them again in the future. You really need to get your **** together, it's been only a week since game release and you have made almost all the mayor mistakes a company can do.

SirCorrino
02-22-2017, 04:14 PM
Yes. Unless you give a set date for a patch the general expectation will always be that it will be released in a few days. Now it's almost been a week and we still don't have any clue when we will get these changes which are honestly vital.

Drekle
02-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Yes I was excited and now I am torn.

As a Valkyrie prestige 6 "We will fix Valkyrie.... Eventually." Even more surprised that we have to wait for the patch for you to fix Guard Block Counter, an issue that is pissing off everybody.

Felis_Menari
02-22-2017, 04:28 PM
My guess is the devs realized that the game needs more than just a handful of tweaks. We have some significant bugs that need to be squashed with the fury of a thousand suns.

dts...
02-22-2017, 04:35 PM
I bet the only one reading this are the Mods... and the Mods of this forum are handcuffed.

"Hey Boss, there are many people in the forum with..." "Shut up Josh, I got money to count!"

WheepingSong
02-22-2017, 04:36 PM
So you guys would rather still be stepping in the dark than have the information about the positive changes? Seriously?

I agree this is kinda taking long, but we are better off knowing the changes they are wanting to apply than not knowing.

Any kind of information from the devs is highly appreciated. It means they care. Period.

Zeo
02-22-2017, 04:39 PM
"They're fixing guard break"

LOL

All I hear..

"Fixing" by rolling back to broken Beta Builds.

SMFH

Duuklah
02-22-2017, 04:39 PM
I agree. I asked politely when we could expect the patch. No reply no acknowledgement no hints. Just radio silence.

The guard break tweak is critical.

Valk buffs are just QOL but will be nice.

Step up Ubisoft. This game was developed in Montreal. Don't tarnish Canada's good reputation.

Meksikinietis
02-22-2017, 04:43 PM
I think new update release in 14/02/2018. ENJOY, to broken game :)

Boysapunk
02-22-2017, 05:06 PM
So you guys would rather still be stepping in the dark than have the information about the positive changes? Seriously?

I agree this is kinda taking long, but we are better off knowing the changes they are wanting to apply than not knowing.

Any kind of information from the devs is highly appreciated. It means they care. Period.

The issue is that, we are not getting any further info. Telling the playerbase to wait and keep an eye on it, when even in the Hotfix Patch they noted they'll have an update soon, made us even more salty about it. You know, telling an angry person to calm down and have patience reaches just the contrary effect, when you are not giving any actual confort, only more uncerteanity.

Mighty_NalydIX
02-22-2017, 05:40 PM
The issue is that, we are not getting any further info. Telling the playerbase to wait and keep an eye on it, when even in the Hotfix Patch they noted they'll have an update soon, made us even more salty about it. You know, telling an angry person to calm down and have patience reaches just the contrary effect, when you are not giving any actual confort, only more uncerteanity.

And when you don't disclose informations and wait to have a release date before doing so. People are *****ing that you don't care about them and are doing nothing to fix the glaring issues.

No matter what you do, people are going to scream at you.

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 05:58 PM
As the title says.

It should have been as you did with the Hotfix Patch. You posted the notes alongside with the release date. Nobody got frustrated, as we knew what to expect.

The issue with the Upcoming Gameplay Improvement patch, is that, you have us so much in the shadows that it became really frsutrating. The biggest mistake you can do is to leave the playerbase in uncerteanity, as it creates a whole lot of salty and frustrated players. Learn from the mistake, don't do this again. There is no need for an exact date, but at least an estimation. For example first week of march, or something. If you tell us that you are still addressing bugs in it further from what you already posted, we well be even happier. But you ****ed up a bit with not giving ANY info out about it. I believe you saw this in the past few days on the forums and on the /r/forhonor subreddit.

Please. You can rectify this by learning from the past mistakes and not commiting them again in the future. You really need to get your **** together, it's been only a week since game release and you have made almost all the mayor mistakes a company can do.

Cut them some slack. They're still busy counting our money.

spawn10459
02-22-2017, 06:01 PM
This is very very typical for UBI. If you ever played shaadowbane you would understand how this company works. they promise fixes but then they never do any thing because frankly they already have your money and they don't give a ****.

FredEx919
02-22-2017, 06:49 PM
We'll be posting more details regarding patch timing and full notes once available. The upcoming gameplay changes are meant to give you all an idea of what to expect in regards to a number of issues you have already reported and discussed here. We can't reply to every post created around the community, so we'll continue to update this and keep it an easy place to check back on. Patch notes are separate and will be much more detailed.

Lufury
02-22-2017, 06:58 PM
We'll be posting more details regarding patch timing and full notes once available. The upcoming gameplay changes are meant to give you all an idea of what to expect in regards to a number of issues you have already reported and discussed here. We can't reply to every post created around the community, so we'll continue to update this and keep it an easy place to check back on. Patch notes are separate and will be much more detailed.

I mean idk. The Guard Break thing is a Huge change again. You should bring it as soon as possible.

Boysapunk
02-22-2017, 07:01 PM

Firstly, thank you very much for replying!

Secondly, thank you for the info. Now we are a bit smarter, and I'm actually less mad than I was, now that I have a bit more on what to expect.

We don't require you to reply evey community post, but from what I saw from the forums in the last days, this was the reply/post wth the most information we got. This is what should be done. Thank you, once again.