PDA

View Full Version : Hyper armor

Roxrite1
02-22-2017, 04:05 PM
I'm sure im not the first to think of this kind of character design flaw, but isn't it really strange how an obese bamboo armored fat guy (shugoki)has inherent non-stagger super armor; but a built, 7 foot fully armored plated Knight (lawbringer) doesn't? I feel if Lawbringer had super armor it would fix some inherent problems with his kit and thr combos you'd want to pull of w him.

YappysDaBeast
02-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Makes sense for lawbringer to have this. As he is the heaviest geared guy in game.

YappysDaBeast
02-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Lawbringer is fine.

Your mistake is thinking that the Lawbringer and the Shugoki are played similarly. The Lawbringer is a counter attacker, he is not meant to trade blows. He is meant to disrupt his enemy's attacks. He doesn't need hyper armor because he relies on parrying and throwing.

Where are his counter attacking skills then?

Munktor
02-22-2017, 04:54 PM
Where are his counter attacking skills then?

He has a block into shove which counts as the initiation of a combo, so he can:

Block attack -> shove -> heavy, heavy (for the finisher of his light, heavy, heavy) combo which ends in an unblockable

He also has a parry into unblockable

He also has a shove into guardbreak into heavy (Heavy is guaranteed when done in this manner).

This page has some great guides and info: https://rankedboost.com/for-honor/lawbringer/

Check it out.

YappysDaBeast
02-22-2017, 05:08 PM
He has a block into shove which counts as the initiation of a combo, so he can:

Block attack -> shove -> heavy, heavy (for the finisher of his light, heavy, heavy) combo which ends in an unblockable

He also has a parry into unblockable

He also has a shove into guardbreak into heavy (Heavy is guaranteed when done in this manner).

This page has some great guides and info: https://rankedboost.com/for-honor/lawbringer/

Check it out.

Those are different kind of counter-attacks. For his class.

Even the conq has a way better counter attack than the lawbringer. Timed right with a block, you instantly do a heavy attack straight back.

Lawbringers combo's are easily dodgeable and parried.
As his class fits currently in this combat, his counter attacks are the worst of the classes.
For being the biggest dude that uses his weapon as a close range one, his play-style needs to be changed to fit his character.
I have 103hour play time on lawbringer only. Rep 9 Lawbringer.

Some of the combo's work vs noobs. But any class that knows how to play will give you a hard time
His unstoppable attacks are slower than the raider's and less range. Any light attack will cancel these. Most the time I only use the parry > Unstoppable over head when they are out of stamina and fall to the ground as most of the time its counter parried or easily dodged.
The unstoppable's don't really work to well high tier game-play.

Easy combo vs low skilled players. Parry > GB > Heavy > Shove > GB > heavy > Shove ect. 100% guaranteed full stamina consume kill.
Against higher skilled people, its rare you get to use any of the skills in your arsenal as everything is counter-able.

EDIT: That link you posted says Lawbringer is strong against Conq and Warlord. That is completely wrong. And it says its weak against Orochi, Kensei
and Nobushi. Which is completely untrue.
That website seems like utter garbage.

Munktor
02-22-2017, 05:17 PM
Those are different kind of counter-attacks. For his class.

Even the conq has a way better counter attack than the lawbringer. Timed right with a block, you instantly do a heavy attack straight back.

Lawbringers combo's are easily dodgeable and parried.
As his class fits currently in this combat, his counter attacks are the worst of the classes.
For being the biggest dude that uses his weapon as a close range one, his play-style needs to be changed to fit his character.
I have 103hour play time on lawbringer only. Rep 9 Lawbringer.

Some of the combo's work vs noobs. But any class that knows how to play will give you a hard time
His unstoppable attacks are slower than the raider's and less range. Any light attack will cancel these. Most the time I only use the parry > Unstoppable over head when they are out of stamina and fall to the ground as most of the time its counter parried or easily dodged.
The unstoppable's don't really work to well high tier game-play.

Easy combo vs low skilled players. Parry > GB > Heavy > Shove > GB > heavy > Shove ect. 100% guaranteed full stamina consume kill.
Against higher skilled people, its rare you get to use any of the skills in your arsenal as everything is counter-able.

EDIT: That link you posted says Lawbringer is strong against Conq and Warlord. That is completely wrong. And it says its weak against Orochi, Kensei
and Nobushi. Which is completely untrue.
That website seems like utter garbage.

The website was to illustrate his moveset and available tactics.

He is a counter player and a disabler.

You asked, "where are his counter attacks".

I showed you. You then go on to tell me how other chars counter attacks are better.

This is the shifting goal-post logical fallacy.

Your amount of experience and anecdotal evidence cannot change empirical fact. Fact remains, Lawbringer is a counter player and has numerous counter-attack skills. Some of which are guaranteed when done in particular order.