PDA

View Full Version : Hits going through block?

KomradeHUN
02-22-2017, 03:38 PM
Is it just me or sometimes my character just failes to block incoming attacks?
It started yesterday and it became even worse today.

King-Templar
02-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Happens to me too it's really weird I blocked their move but it goes through. I did it to a few people aswell

Aeecto
02-22-2017, 03:51 PM
Same for me. Happened severall times.... even watched some records frame per frame... I clearly blocked the matching direction, but the hit went through.

Might be some lagger (lagswitcher) that changes during a lagg the direction but the animation still shows the old one.

rampage-toad
02-22-2017, 03:51 PM
Yes - it's really strange. You can see that in trainig mode, 1on1, 2on2 and 4on4 - happens sometimes. You correctly use your block, and get attacked by blockable moves, but the block is not working.
First I thought it could bve delay in online game modes, but in training mode it happens, too. I'm not sure if the training mode is started local or online.

Another possibility could be, that this depends on your current gear stat "defense". The better, the more you can block. Means, there is always a possibility to get hit and you can minimize this?

I also had some situations with unblockable moves, where I was on attack. The enemy got hit, then my unblockable was broken - this happened in duell mode. Strange....

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 04:22 PM
There are unblockable attacks that need to be dodged or parried but I assume that's not what you guys are referring to.

KomradeHUN
02-22-2017, 04:40 PM
There are unblockable attacks that need to be dodged or parried but I assume that's not what you guys are referring to.
Yes we are talking about normal attacks not unblockables.

Hegemon_
02-22-2017, 04:43 PM
Another possibility could be, that this depends on your current gear stat "defense". The better, the more you can block. Means, there is always a possibility to get hit and you can minimize this?
Defense is just a damage reduction after successful attack, so not affecting block in any way.

e.Key
02-22-2017, 04:50 PM
Agree, i have the issue since yesterday. Something is off i think :/

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 04:52 PM
This is old news. There are several videos on YouTube showcasing the issue. It's been like that since launch.

rezfeber
02-22-2017, 05:00 PM
I've had this happen as well. I even recorded it a few times and I'm still not sure if it's a glitch or what's the problem

Haniel_
02-22-2017, 05:22 PM
Yes we are talking about normal attacks not unblockables.

If it's a Kensei, they do have a feat that makes ALL their attacks unblockable for a certain amount of time, and does not show the usual orange unblockable warning during windup. Could this have been what you're seeing?

BiZkiT_Walwin
02-22-2017, 05:29 PM
Been facing this issue as well from time to time but I think it could be a mouse and keyboard only problem as the controller hasn't really got the option to perform a wrong block even though you moved the stick in the right direction. It's different with a mouse as any slight move during a block attempt can screw your block already.

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 05:33 PM
If it's a Kensei, they do have a feat that makes ALL their attacks unblockable for a certain amount of time, and does not show the usual orange unblockable warning during windup. Could this have been what you're seeing?

Not when he's playing as Kensei. I have that sometimes too. I guardswitch in time to block and yet I still get hit even though the indicator is there.

KomradeHUN
02-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Been facing this issue as well from time to time but I think it could be a mouse and keyboard only problem as the controller hasn't really got the option to perform a wrong block even though you moved the stick in the right direction. It's different with a mouse as any slight move during a block attempt can screw your block already.

Yes I use mouse&keybor ,but it worked fine in the open beta and after release.I also know what you mean and trust me I tried to lower the sense but even on the lowest it still happens.

o0 DaGnOmE 0o
02-22-2017, 09:12 PM
I am noticing, One xbox, that the game does not always respond as fast as I am able to react. When I move my stick and know I was blocking properly and still get hit I immediately record the clip and review it. When I see these clips I notice that even though I was pushing the stick in the direction my block did not shift and the hit went through. While i understand there is a slight delay in how long it takes your guard to shift between directions, some of the incidents were just blatantly them going through my blocks, even with a high enough health level to prevent block damage from killing me. I want to say it is a mix between input lag and latency but hey there isn't much we can do except hope we have host advantage in games so our input delay is not as bad as our opponents.