PDA

View Full Version : Me and my friend can't join each other in AC Unity

King-Bamboozler
02-22-2017, 12:37 PM
I could join my friend's game after some attempts the day before yesterday. A notification with green tick and red cross appeared in top-right corner of Uplay overlay. We were able to connect only a couple of times because this notification was disappearing instantly most of the times. Yesterday the situation was even worse, we weren't able to connect at all. When invitation appears I only see a notification in Uplay overlay and no choice to accept or refuse. I tried to google and find info about my issue but couldn't find anything. So this is why I am writing here in order to get some help.

strigoi1958
02-22-2017, 05:34 PM
you should be able to see your invites in uplay.. I think the default keys are shift and F2 then click on your friends name and you should see it.

King-Bamboozler
02-22-2017, 05:52 PM
you should be able to see your invites in uplay.. I think the default keys are shift and F2 then click on your friends name and you should see it.

There is only this notification: http://prnt.sc/ec2old

strigoi1958
02-22-2017, 11:45 PM
When I get notified, I go to that screen and click friends then click on my friends name and there is an invite in the chat message.

So you need to go to friends and click on colorin2011 and in the chat message should be an invite.

King-Bamboozler
02-23-2017, 03:47 PM
When I get notified, I go to that screen and click friends then click on my friends name and there is an invite in the chat message.

So you need to go to friends and click on colorin2011 and in the chat message should be an invite.

So this is what I see in "friends": http://prnt.sc/ecft41
And this is chat after I click his name: http://prnt.sc/ecftwh
Thx for replying btw.

andynaruto10
02-23-2017, 03:51 PM
Try this. Minimize the game (alt+tab), then ask your friend to send you the invitation. Then accept it from Uplay. It worked for me. I don't know why it doesn't work from within the game...

King-Bamboozler
02-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Try this. Minimize the game (alt+tab), then ask your friend to send you the invitation. Then accept it from Uplay. It worked for me. I don't know why it doesn't work from within the game...

OMG it really works! Thanks a lot, man, I can't express how much you helped me!

andynaruto10
02-23-2017, 04:41 PM
OMG it really works! Thanks a lot, man, I can't express how much you helped me!
You're welcome :)

veovis77
02-23-2017, 11:22 PM
My friend and I have been having this issue since the last UPlay patch. The workaround we found was similar to that suggested by andynaruto10, except by using the UPlay ingame interface, rather than tabbing out.

From the in-game interface, open your friends list, and click the icon to expand the options for your friend (I think it's three dots, but I'm not in game at the moment to check), and select "invite to game". Doing it this way, we've been able to accept invites from each other through the overlay

It's odd that a UPlay patch would break the in-game invitation system :(