PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed - Open world multiplayer co-op

DarkstarQc
02-22-2017, 12:22 PM
I loved all the assassin creed I have played them all accept syndicat since I don't play game alone anymore, so my idea was to maybe ask ubi to make an assassin's creed open world where you can play in coop ( up to four player) the entire campaign not just little mission. hope they do it I think it would be a great step forward for the future of the franchises.

D.I.D.
02-22-2017, 01:50 PM
I had some great moments in Unity's co-op when I had the right partners, and I'd like to see the inclusion of some dedicated co-op missions again.

However, I don't think the general game is well suited to co-op. People's play-styles rarely match up. Even in Unity, you might be waiting on a rooftop to begin your careful stealth plans, only to see Leeroy Jenkins storm in and start hacking away. Sometimes, I'd realise the rest of the team was trying to treat the mission as a stealth one when the design didn't actually warrant it.

It's very easy in any case. Co-op teams would completely obliterate any sense of a challenge. The only reason Unity's co-op worked at all was because the game forced players to go down a certain route (and because they packed the landscape with soldiers and snipers - again, not conducive to a good game if every mission is like that). The ones that began in a seemingly open situation had to have bottlenecks. They could create those bottlenecks in the open world, but that would drastically restrict the design of missions. They'd also have to design every single mission around single-player and co-op. It might be possible, but it sounds like a lot of unnecessary work to me, for a result that probably wouldn't make the game any better.

cawatrooper9
02-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Agreed. I actually think Unity had the formula down pretty well- have a dozen or so mission tailor made for co-op, then have the rest of the world be your regular single player experience. If anything, the option to play co-op in free roam might've been cool, but I think that allowing co-op in story missions would make the campaign feel less Assassins Creed and more Borderlands.

Helforsite
02-22-2017, 03:40 PM
I am actually not a big fan of co-op, because I mostly play games alone, especially open-world games, because I am free to do what I want and not be restricted by my team.

Sorrosyss
02-22-2017, 11:19 PM
I voted yes, but it doesn't necessarily have to mean that it would just be for the main story campaign. I'd still be in favour of having a completely additional separate multiplayer mode, but which uses the same map. Kind of like how GTA V / Online is split out. That would be my ideal.

JamesFaith007
02-23-2017, 12:53 AM
No.

I really want other people out of my games as possible and co-op NPC are too often just source of frustration and problems.

SixKeys
02-23-2017, 05:20 AM
I honestly don't understand the obsession with co-op. All it ever does is break immersion. If you're playing with randoms, you're going to run into silly things like people teabagging corpses or breakdancing while you're trying to roleplay a cool assassin. If you're playing with a friend over a mic, you're probably going to be talking about everyday life ("so anyway, Jim-Bob tells me his girlfriend cheated on him...") which again gets in the way of immersion. I just don't get the appeal.

Helforsite
02-24-2017, 06:14 PM
I honestly don't understand the obsession with co-op. All it ever does is break immersion. If you're playing with randoms, you're going to run into silly things like people teabagging corpses or breakdancing while you're trying to roleplay a cool assassin. If you're playing with a friend over a mic, you're probably going to be talking about everyday life ("so anyway, Jim-Bob tells me his girlfriend cheated on him...") which again gets in the way of immersion. I just don't get the appeal.

Couldn't agree more!

DarkstarQc
02-25-2017, 12:53 PM
Couldn't agree more!

being able to play in coop doesn't meen you cant play it solo!!!

Helforsite
02-25-2017, 02:12 PM
being able to play in coop doesn't meen you cant play it solo!!!
You are right, but it also usually means that one of the two aspects suffer, because desigining a game that is equally as fun and challenging solo as it is playing coop is no easy task.

RinoTheBouncer
02-27-2017, 02:45 PM
I was gonna make a similar thread to this. Since some people still play the AC multiplayer and enjoy the experience, and the game world and style can actually allow a good multiplayer, if it was well thought and planned, they could make a game similar to For Honor. There are factions and players pick a side and enter the a certain era and location and start exploring, doing missions, fighting off enemies, siding with allies..etc. In that case, it will be a standalone game that is managed by a team of its own and continuously updating like say Final Fantasy XIV.

It could be something like an Abstergo project where they used genetic memories to create whole settings and the characters are more like avatars than actual ancestors, only created so users could use them to explore the world, and do whatever the want within it. Something similar to Westworld TV show.

Usercake
02-27-2017, 11:13 PM
@ OP seriously games are too easy , why would you need someone to bug you ?

DarkstarQc
03-01-2017, 12:19 PM
@ OP seriously games are too easy , why would you need someone to bug you ?

its fun to play with your friend in a big open world maps and doing mission in coop in an assassin's creed world where you can actually talk to each other and do a chirurgical strike with your team would be so nice !! I think anyway that assassin's creed is going to have to move forward one way or the other because the wholes concept is getting old after9 assassin's creed something new as to come from it to draw more player back to it I didn't even play syndicate because of the 1 player only mission style I preferred playing in coop with friend . And I've played all the assassin's creed before that after unity I said meh its getting old so lets just move on to other games.

Helforsite
03-03-2017, 10:38 PM
its fun to play with your friend in a big open world maps and doing mission in coop in an assassin's creed world where you can actually talk to each other and do a chirurgical strike with your team would be so nice !! I think anyway that assassin's creed is going to have to move forward one way or the other because the wholes concept is getting old after9 assassin's creed something new as to come from it to draw more player back to it I didn't even play syndicate because of the 1 player only mission style I preferred playing in coop with friend . And I've played all the assassin's creed before that after unity I said meh its getting old so lets just move on to other games.
I think with seemingly every Ubisoft game having Coop we need a singleplayer only game. And while I do think that Assassins Creed needs to change and evolve, you make it sound like all 9 games were the same and as if coop is somehow automatically better than playing solo which is just not true.

Sushiglutton
03-04-2017, 10:27 AM
I can see the appeal for exploring the open-world together and play some story-light missions. Going through the campaign I think would be painful because as SK said it's not really that great for immersion and everyone has their own pace. I am slooow because I wanna take it in. I also mix between OW and campaign a lot. But going on some desert exploration together could be a lot of fun.

Here's a co-op vid from the new Styx game as reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpA5717_mo

Helforsite
03-05-2017, 01:47 PM
I can see the appeal for exploring the open-world together and play some story-light missions. Going through the campaign I think would be painful because as SK said it's not really that great for immersion and everyone has their own pace. I am slooow because I wanna take it in. I also mix between OW and campaign a lot. But going on some desert exploration together could be a lot of fun.

Here's a co-op vid from the new Styx game as reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLpA5717_mo
I kind of agree, which is why I am against a mainly coop game, because it is bad for the story.

jellejackhammer
03-05-2017, 04:11 PM
co op can be a good thing if it doesn't exlude any game activity for solo players.

unity did good with that because you could do every co op mission solo.

oh and don't bound trophies/achievements to co op stuff.

platinum should be available to get for every kind of player.

but if you really want some MP trophies then they should be pvp related with easy to get goals,like "win a match" or "play a round of this match" and stuff. kinda like the uncharted 4 mp trophies.

but on the topic of empire,didn't the leak say that their would be no online stuff in the game?

Megas_Doux
03-05-2017, 04:25 PM
No!

Focus on giving me an outstanding SP experience and I'll be happy. I've never cared for multiplayer and/or Co-Op in this franchise.

JamesFaith007
03-05-2017, 10:18 PM
co op can be a good thing if it doesn't exlude any game activity for solo players.

unity did good with that because you could do every co op mission solo.

oh and don't bound trophies/achievements to co op stuff.

platinum should be available to get for every kind of player.

but if you really want some MP trophies then they should be pvp related with easy to get goals,like "win a match" or "play a round of this match" and stuff. kinda like the uncharted 4 mp trophies.

but on the topic of empire,didn't the leak say that their would be no online stuff in the game?

Agreed.

No more forcing to co-op like in SC: Blacklist.

rob1990312
03-06-2017, 05:04 AM
I dont think the co op works too well in acs current mode but who knows how ac will evolve in the futue
I played ubis the division and loved it but i think ac would have to change a good bit for it to work well
I also liked watchdogs free onine mode where you can choose to engage with people or not
Ubi has the assets and id be open to see what it was like but only if ubi were fully commited to it like the division instead of just testing the waters like unity
But i dont think you can have both strong story and good coop so ubi would have to decide what kind of game they want ac to be

Helforsite
03-06-2017, 03:14 PM
But i dont think you can have both strong story and good coop so ubi would have to decide what kind of game they want ac to be
Exactly my point! Assassins Creed has always been a story driven singleplayer game and to change that would be a grave mistake in my opinion!

DarkstarQc
03-10-2017, 12:43 PM
Exactly my point! Assassins Creed has always been a story driven singleplayer game and to change that would be a grave mistake in my opinion!
they have to change something somehow because the concept is getting old.

SixKeys
03-10-2017, 02:04 PM
they have to change something somehow because the concept is getting old.

Adding co-op doesn't change the concept. You'd still be playing a parkouring assassin.