PDA

View Full Version : So....bout them servers...

awful.name.
02-22-2017, 08:04 AM
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but the connection issues are killing me. Playing on PS4 has been mostly fine, but in the past few days it's getting worse. I lose connection almost every match, sometimes as soon as the game starts. Just today, I was only able to light attack, input for heavies was not being accepted, and the delays between attacks were so large that even light attack combos couldn't be linked together.

Despite that plethora of balance issues existing currently in the game, I still mostly have fun when I'm playing.
If I can stay long enough for a match.

Not asking for a miraculous fix, but any response at all from Ubisoft would go a really long way at this point.

/end thread as bad as my name

OGL Spade
02-22-2017, 08:09 AM
There are no servers for PvP, it's Peer2Peer, there will be connection issues. It is a big issue that they do need to fix, 30% of the time I lose connection to the match.

awful.name.
02-22-2017, 08:10 AM
There are no servers for PvP, it's Peer2Peer, there will be connection issues. It is a big issue that they do need to fix, 30% of the time I lose connection to the match.

thanks for the correction :D

Warp_11
02-22-2017, 08:39 AM
I had to start 5 extra matches today in order to complete a daily order because server error window kept showing up mid-game.

awful.name.
02-22-2017, 08:42 AM
I had to start 5 extra matches today in order to complete a daily order because server error window kept showing up mid-game.

i tried five and just gave up because i couldn't manage to finish a single game. the frustration is strong

ButtR8peArtist
02-22-2017, 08:42 AM
You know a game's server quality is consistantly chit when 5/10 matches ended up drops or DC, it's not even an exaggeration. From all AAA games out there, this is the worst

ButtR8peArtist
02-22-2017, 08:45 AM

All games (P2P or not) run on server, P2P is just performed in a more massive enviorment, whereas dedciated server only host 1 game at time, and UBI really showed how garbage they server team when handling stress

GusUlysses
02-22-2017, 05:40 PM
Played for an hour and a half earlier. Less than half the matches I played across all the game modes actually held through to completion. There's no point in trying to grind for the contract rewards if my effort is all for ****. No point in committing to any fight, because at any moment I could just get booted back out to the main menu. The game's fantastic when the connection holds, but they need to find a fix for it. I'm done playing until they get that worked out. I'm considering seeing if I can get my money back.

Jaxiel.Aeglos
02-22-2017, 06:49 PM
Played for an hour and a half earlier. Less than half the matches I played across all the game modes actually held through to completion. There's no point in trying to grind for the contract rewards if my effort is all for ****. No point in committing to any fight, because at any moment I could just get booted back out to the main menu. The game's fantastic when the connection holds, but they need to find a fix for it. I'm done playing until they get that worked out. I'm considering seeing if I can get my money back.

I tried to get my money back. They simply told me that that the tech team would help me solve my problems.
But there is no way to fix the P2P ****ty connection issues unless they change everything and run dedicated servers, which will never happen.
Balancing is a very minor problem when you can't finish a single match.

Beside all this, on PC the P2P connection put serious risk on your computer/privacy.
The host can see you IP address, and beside kick you from a match he can also see what ports you have open and potentially **** up you pc, steal your files and passwords etc., expecially if you have a static IP address, which is what ubisoft reccomands in order to have a green NAT.

Yet nobody addresses this problem.
Is For Honor worth the risk?

Gensui.Musashi
02-22-2017, 06:56 PM
i just hate this stupid connection. I hit 1 sec after i press the damn button

Ron1n25sy
02-22-2017, 07:30 PM
I cant even take this serious anymore, it feels like this game has assets, animations etc from professional designers, but the server issue makes it feel like amateurs trying to do a multiplayer game. Tbh i think amateur may have done even better.

Loffe15
02-22-2017, 07:33 PM
I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but the connection issues are killing me. Playing on PS4 has been mostly fine, but in the past few days it's getting worse. I lose connection almost every match, sometimes as soon as the game starts. Just today, I was only able to light attack, input for heavies was not being accepted, and the delays between attacks were so large that even light attack combos couldn't be linked together.

Despite that plethora of balance issues existing currently in the game, I still mostly have fun when I'm playing.
If I can stay long enough for a match.

Not asking for a miraculous fix, but any response at all from Ubisoft would go a really long way at this point.

/end thread as bad as my name

yes same here i play on xbox one and today I just finnished a dominion game really long and fun one but hey the second it's about to be over the server kicks me out leaving me with no experience no nothing if they only could atleast let you have some xp for the game after it kicks you out and when youre completing orders and youre on your final game lets say the order is that you win 3 elimination games and oops the servers kick you out just before youre about to win the game and you have to find a new game to complete the order.......

GusUlysses
02-22-2017, 07:36 PM
I tried to get my money back. They simply told me that that the tech team would help me solve my problems.
But there is no way to fix the P2P ****ty connection issues unless they change everything and run dedicated servers, which will never happen.
Balancing is a very minor problem when you can't finish a single match.

Beside all this, on PC the P2P connection put serious risk on your computer/privacy.
The host can see you IP address, and beside kick you from a match he can also see what ports you have open and potentially **** up you pc, steal your files and passwords etc., expecially if you have a static IP address, which is what ubisoft reccomands in order to have a green NAT.

Yet nobody addresses this problem.
Is For Honor worth the risk?

Wait, seriously? Who the **** thought it was a good idea to have a game's multiplayer work that way? Guess I'm done playing on pc then.

Ron1n25sy
02-22-2017, 07:44 PM
He can see all those fine things also on consoles btw :D

Karfuss
02-22-2017, 08:00 PM
Must admit, for a Triple AAA game retailing at 40-50-60 (whatever currency) to use peer to peer and not have dedicated servers is disgusting. These issues aren't going away any time soon, and yes, if the host ragequits, all of you are getting kicked and your time will be wasted.