PDA

View Full Version : Option Select Grab Cancel? (Conq)

Salt_Fist
02-22-2017, 07:54 AM
Hey all.

Basically I'm out here teching guard break after guard break like 50 a match, eventually I get thrown once or twice.

I realized you can't charge the heavy attack and tech a guard break. So basically my thought is to simultaneously hit O to cancel the charge and square to tech the g.b.

However, not only is this input ridiculous in itself, the heavy cancel O spends a minimal amount of stam. And the g.b. isn't guaranteed due to the release timing on the r2.

Hitting both the g.b. square and the heavy cancel O does work as long as you release the r2 heavy charge. after the stamina is spent, you will tech the g.b. (timing is tight)

However I've found it easier to slide my finger from O cancel to G.b. square, I've accidentally hit X (dash) and may have found an option select.

You can either tech the grab, avoid an attack with a dash, or shoulder charge and block (charge) for a punish.

I need more time in the lab, bots learn quick I tech g.b.s and players are too salty to help a brotha out.

It would be sick to have more offline training room type options. So we can practice setups and g.b.s and such.

I'll check back in to verify these claims and maybe have some footage to give a better understanding.

Have you found any option selects?!

See you on the ps4 battlefield.
-KnivesDamor-

OGL Spade
02-22-2017, 08:00 AM
What I do with the Conqueror is when I think someone is going to come in for a GB I release my charged heavy, it usually hits them before the GB animation is completed, then I follow up with another heavy.

Salt_Fist
02-22-2017, 08:04 AM
What I do with the Conqueror is when I think someone is going to come in for a GB I release my charged heavy, it usually hits them before the GB animation is completed, then I follow up with another heavy.

Oh yeah naturally! there are many options to deal with g.b.s and this thread was by no means to be a salt or q.q. I'm neither at the moment lol.

Charged r2 release is the therapy! Yo I be getting way too hype on some for honor lol haven't been on a game forum since halo 2!