PDA

View Full Version : Rock, Paper, Peacekeeper

C.E.TON
02-22-2017, 05:43 AM
So I play heavies in all games. The game, For Honor is broken, and starting to feel a bit like rock, paper, peacekeeper. I love the 1v1 duels, or rather i did, but I have no interest in playing a quick assassin like character. It seems like you almost have to in 1v1. There is no balance that i can see. I can stand up and have a good fight with the middle classes and i love a good heavy on heavy match, but half the people playing in the 1v1 are only running peacekeeper. If they have any skill at all, i do not stand a chance with my conqueror. I may get lucky in a match here and there, and get one of my 3 kills, but i will never win. WTF, ubisoft, did you mean to build a system like this? Are there plans in the works to bring balance? Was your plan to have us all play as a light class in 1v1 and that is it? Its really making me think about calling it a day and going back to Overwatch.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:50 AM
So I play heavies in all games. The game, For Honor is broken, and starting to feel a bit like rock, paper, peacekeeper. I love the 1v1 duels, or rather i did, but I have no interest in playing a quick assassin like character. It seems like you almost have to in 1v1. There is no balance that i can see. I can stand up and have a good fight with the middle classes and i love a good heavy on heavy match, but half the people playing in the 1v1 are only running peacekeeper. If they have any skill at all, i do not stand a chance with my conqueror. I may get lucky in a match here and there, and get one of my 3 kills, but i will never win. WTF, ubisoft, did you mean to build a system like this? Are there plans in the works to bring balance? Was your plan to have us all play as a light class in 1v1 and that is it? Its really making me think about calling it a day and going back to Overwatch.

Different classes are meant to be good for different situations, you're not meant to be able to just use one class in all scenarios.

Heavies are great for holding down points in dominion.

It's literally impossible for them to make it so that all classes are equal in all scenarios whilst maintaining distinct difference in classes.

Mr.0reo
02-22-2017, 05:55 AM
This game was made based around dominion =\

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 06:03 AM
Point is, you can't just play one character for all game modes, there are 12 classes for a reason.

If you're not having success with a particular character in a particular game mode, switch it up and try a different character.

GayForShugoki
02-22-2017, 06:11 AM
Point is, you can't just play one character for all game modes, there are 12 classes for a reason.

If you're not having success with a particular character in a particular game mode, switch it up and try a different character.

I can and I will. My Nobushi, my balanced Nobushi, wins in every mode with ease.

1v1: Abuse her long range poke and just bleed them out. Parry their attacks, hit a bleed and retreat. Repeat until they die.
1v2 (because your teammate sucks): Repeat as above and abuse revenge and cleave them while they're on the ground for 50% HP and then back off and let the bleed damage do work.
4v4 (Dominion): Laugh all the way to the points as you poke and run, making 3 people chase you around while your team captures points.

She's the perfect class because of her range and ability to either be offensive or defensive.

Except for if a Cancerkeeper is in the game as she hard counters Nobushi. Peacekeeper is busted.

Lufury
02-22-2017, 06:26 AM
prefer 100x peacekeeper instead of 1 warden

PhantomReaper331
02-22-2017, 06:30 AM
So your saying ou have absolutely no skill at the game than

MidnightVanilla
02-22-2017, 08:28 AM

Bruh you just have to learn the moves to counter her. Is she juts waiting for you to hit her? feint into your full block stance, conq doesnt have normal feint so you have to heavy attack (i believe its heavy) to lure her into dodging and feint intoo full block mode (can only be done at the beginning of your heavy strike) Then you can parry her move as you know what direction its coming from (same the side she is dodging on). (soon she might not even dodge and then u can just let the heavy attack go into your combo, mind game ****) Is she just spaming light attacks? ur block should interupt her combos, ur all block definetly should then you can go into your unblockable guardbreak. Is she leaping forward and stabbing you? just charge and parry that into heavy. ( i dunno how good ur are so excuse me if u know any of this but charge heavy attack and let go of it to parry when it flashes, its a little different with the conq, rather then pressing it your letting go of it, you might be able to parry without charging). Also after you guardbreak your zone attack is the only unblockable hit you can do, they cant block the first hit but can block the second. you really only need to land a couple of hits on that peacekeeper as they are weak. Their whole game is baiting and waiting for you to attack, confusing you with light attacks or parrying you and poisioning. Just try not to be parried. The peacekeeper is just very fast and your character is very slow so shes probably a good counter for your character. just get good at guardbreak countering and play defensive against her

Zordrage
02-22-2017, 08:42 AM

Warden says hi.........

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Pk is one of the easyest class to beat,just faint and parry their predictable side attack.

Raziel_85
02-22-2017, 09:00 AM
I am a fairly good Nobushi player but have a really hard time fighting against equally good/expert Peacekeepers. As every attack of my Nobushi will get sidestepped and once the Peacekeeper is next to me she will start spamming attacks from every direction, making it impossible to evade parry or just block. There is nothing I can do against it, as even if I block one attack, the next one is already following up from another direction. Most of them so fast, that my Nobushi cant event change blocking stance as the attack is already incoming while I am still in the middle of the stance change animation.

I even have recorded a video showing how a Peacekeeper is spamming attacks on me and my Nobushi suddenly loses its block stance despite me pressing in the directions. its like she gets hit so fast that my Nobushi stops reacting to any input, even if I try to jump back.

From all enemies I could possible face, the Peacekeeper is the most horrifying one. It wasn't a problem until people started getting very good with here and now it seems that Nobushi just isn't made for fighting against her.

Most fights against good Peacekeepers go like this now: She keeps approaching slowly ready to dodge. I am basically completely helpless as every move i could make will lead to her sidestepping it and once she does, she will start here attacks and either kills me or the thing repeats. As with my Nobushi, all attacks are basically straight in a line, and as such, easily avoidable with a simple sidestep. The only attack that I can to is the sidestep heavy combo, as it can even hit a sidestepping Peacekeeper. only problem ist, that it is pretty slow and uses up your stamina pretty much. Also, its pretty risky as if it fails, the Peacekeeper is next to me which always means auto loss for me. not to forget the occasions where it does hit, but doesn't interrupt her attack and leads to me beeing completely open for her follow up attacks.

So basically there is no move, attack or action I can do that will not lead to a good Peacekepper killing me. I know that I should keep here at range and play more defensive as the Peacekeepers is very dangerous once next to me. The problem is just that any attack, as mentioned before, will either be easily be blocked or sidestepped by her, so i keep going backwards and trying to keep my range, with the occasionally attempt to poke at here. This will just drag out the fight in the end, as never hitting your enemy wont win me any matches. And one thing is sure: She definitely will catch up and reach me sooner or later with all here sidestepping and then its over. While the sidestepping attack move can easily be blocked as we all know, she will just follow up with 2-3 additional attacks while my Nobushi is still caught up in some blocking animations

Darkxpassenger
02-22-2017, 02:22 PM
So your saying ou have absolutely no skill at the game than

No one is saying that, you edgy piece of trash. You probably main Orochi with your stupid one-two guard break exploit.

C.E.TON
02-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Bruh you just have to learn the moves to counter her. Is she juts waiting for you to hit her? feint into your full block stance, conq doesnt have normal feint so you have to heavy attack (i believe its heavy) to lure her into dodging and feint intoo full block mode (can only be done at the beginning of your heavy strike) Then you can parry her move as you know what direction its coming from (same the side she is dodging on). (soon she might not even dodge and then u can just let the heavy attack go into your combo, mind game ****) Is she just spaming light attacks? ur block should interupt her combos, ur all block definetly should then you can go into your unblockable guardbreak. Is she leaping forward and stabbing you? just charge and parry that into heavy. ( i dunno how good ur are so excuse me if u know any of this but charge heavy attack and let go of it to parry when it flashes, its a little different with the conq, rather then pressing it your letting go of it, you might be able to parry without charging). Also after you guardbreak your zone attack is the only unblockable hit you can do, they cant block the first hit but can block the second. you really only need to land a couple of hits on that peacekeeper as they are weak. Their whole game is baiting and waiting for you to attack, confusing you with light attacks or parrying you and poisioning. Just try not to be parried. The peacekeeper is just very fast and your character is very slow so shes probably a good counter for your character. just get good at guardbreak countering and play defensive against her

Some of these ideas iv tried and was unable to pull off. There good in theory but in game they most dont work. However, i did have a bit of success with the lure her into dodging and feint into full block mode (can only be done at the beginning of your heavy strike) Then you can parry her move as you know what direction its coming from (same the side she is dodging on). If she all out attacks then im done. She also have an easy time tossing me off cliffs. My guard brake is good but her jumping grab toss is hard to counter. I may counter it once and do some damage, but if im out of step for even a minute im done. Thanx for the post tho.

DrinkinMehStella
02-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Every hero has there perks and downfalls, it makes things interesting. practice more.

C.E.TON
02-22-2017, 02:36 PM
From all enemies I could possible face, the Peacekeeper is the most horrifying one. It wasn't a problem until people started getting very good with here and now it seems that Nobushi just isn't made for fighting against her.

No one is made to fight her, she is in her own league. I just jumped on the band wagon.... and 2 hours in already going 3 and 0 in duels. Let the Nobushi go man, come to the keeper side. I bet if this game gos MLG it will just be 4v4 keepers.

C.E.TON
02-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Pk is one of the easyest class to beat,just faint and parry their predictable side attack.

What? What class are you playing? Also i'm maining a conqueror... faints are not easy. That aside keepers are easily the hardest class to beat.

Maaci
02-22-2017, 02:45 PM
The duel mechanics doesnt work in duel at decent+ level. I dont know your level but several things are poorly implemented.
Ubisoft needs to change several things for this to be more skillfull and getting players to having options whichever hero they play.

There are a few threads touching upon this.

B3N--
02-22-2017, 02:47 PM
The problem is not only the PK, its clearly the assasin's attack speed the issue for most of people, in regard of the other class defence speed.

If Ubisoft don't do nothing about that, the assasin class will rules the game and it will die fast due to its poor balance.

Darkxpassenger
02-22-2017, 02:51 PM

I get you, man. I main Warlord and PK tend to be annoying, but they are predictable. just block and parry their side attack and retaliate with heavy attacks. I usually interrupt their dodging side attack with my light attack. That'll get them furious and they'll try to guard break me, which I respond with a counter and heavy. Easy peasy. You'll get the hang of it.

Derity
02-22-2017, 03:10 PM
I'm a Warden player. I am currently Reputation 5 Level 13.

When I go into 1v1 Duels, most of the time it puts me against players of similar skill, so I often see players of Reputation 4+

It is almost IMPOSSIBLE to beat a good Peacekeeper. Everyone is waving their arms at how "broken" Warden is, because they don't know how to play For Honor. When the vortex is stupidly easy to escape for anyone who isn't a complete noob, his Zone attack is HUGELY punishable (unsafe on block) and his side attacks are so slow that anyone can parry them.

I play competent players all day, literally, all day. I'm up against players between Reputation 4-7. I can handle most fights, I have a good win/loss ratio (around 75% win) but Peacekeeper? Hell no. lol

Peacekeeper is completely broken. Every light attack from Peacekeeper is as fast as the Wardens Zone attack, if you attack first, you're completely ****ed. A good player won't fall for simple bait feints. Their Zone attack is pretty much instant and is so fast it can pretty much chain into light attacks. Their feint is faster than a light attack. If they guardbreak you near a wall, say goodbye to your HP.

I don't care what anyone says, Peacekeeper is the most broken class in the game.

If they nerf Warden, I'm fine with that - he is infinitely stronger than Raider at the moment - I admit that lol, but Peacekeeper is by far the best in the game. Once I get the sexy Black metal at Rep 7 for Warden, I'm switching to Peacekeeper and getting that to Rep 7, because as of this moment - there is little to no point in any other class in For Honor.

If you can't beat em, join em.

EDIT: One last point I'd like to make. A lot of classes in the game feel like they have some strong counters.

As a Warden, I struggle hard against a good Nobushi - Warden has no gap closer, so getting in close against someone good at keeping range is extremely difficult.

Whereas Nobushi gets hard countered by classes with good gap closers, so Nobushi is hard countered by the assassin classes.

But where is the counter for Peacekeeper? Answer: There isn't one. The only counter I can think of for Peacekeeper, is Peacekeeper.

Flello
02-22-2017, 03:32 PM
Rock, paper, git gud...

But seriously, it's a joke that people are calling for the nerf. Everywhere I see people calling for nerfs on the attack speed, dodge, and stamina. Literally the only things it currently has in its toolkit... the triple stab doesn't even work right now and you still can't beat a predictable PK?

Every class has its own cheese tactic, why is there so much hate on this one? Berserker just sidestep chains, warlord just headbuts, conqueror just shield bashes, etc. Now I'm not saying this is all players do, but I'm outlining the cheese on these classes.

Everyone is complaining about the only things that make the PK viable. The bleed is already bugged, which was the majority of damage output, so the GB is currently useless. Nerf the attack speed, well done, now they can't actually deal damage, as they are so damn predictable with the lack of fight initiators. Nerf the dodge, well done, now they have no upper hand on mobility and get almost one shotted at high levels of play.

They're perfectly fine. They're so damn predictable that these complaints lead me to believe that you have no idea how the PK works. Majority of them just lunge anyway, and if you can't see that coming then you deserve to die by them.

Valtaya
02-22-2017, 05:12 PM
I can and I will. My Nobushi, my balanced Nobushi, wins in every mode with ease.

1v1: Abuse her long range poke and just bleed them out. Parry their attacks, hit a bleed and retreat. Repeat until they die.
1v2 (because your teammate sucks): Repeat as above and abuse revenge and cleave them while they're on the ground for 50% HP and then back off and let the bleed damage do work.
4v4 (Dominion): Laugh all the way to the points as you poke and run, making 3 people chase you around while your team captures points.

She's the perfect class because of her range and ability to either be offensive or defensive.

Except for if a Cancerkeeper is in the game as she hard counters Nobushi. Peacekeeper is busted.

if you win all modes with Nbosh with ease, then Nobushi is not balanced... wonder if you see this as hypocritic as it is
1: abusing a mechanic... yeah way to go, I gues assassins are abusing their skills too when you play your heavy... go figure
2: same

im_yosh
02-22-2017, 05:54 PM
I'm a rep 3 peacekeeper and if I'm not careful i can absolutely get melted by an Orochi or a Kensei even a skilled Berserker can hand me an L. But i tend to be stronger against some of the heavies. PK has been nerfed enough and her stabs does nothing in the grand scheme of things. This just sounds like a classic case of get good. The only thing i can see that unequivocally needs a nerf is the guardbreaking and the window in which it could be countered.

iHunny
02-22-2017, 06:13 PM
Peackeepers, you have fast light attacks that most people can not react to block. Your heavy attacks however are slow and easily blocked. Stick with your light attacks. They do good enough damage and will shew trough your oponents. If you face up against to many, just run away, your the fastest class in the game. Your dodge is also the fastest in the game. Did I menation that you are fast? Ok, Wardens are stronger hero then you but still, those light attacks probably shew trough them to.

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 06:19 PM
What? What class are you playing? Also i'm maining a conqueror... faints are not easy. That aside keepers are easily the hardest class to beat.

Nah,the hardest classes to beat are warlord/warden.They basically dominate the high level play,thanks to a spammable headbutt and good defense of the first and...basically everything,from his zone to his comboes,for the latter.I main kensei and when I fight a Pk my usual tactic is to faint some heavyes,then strike them after their side dash attack or keep harassing them from distance.Orochis are far more harder to defeat,since they have same speed but more range,with way more damage on gb.

C.E.TON
02-23-2017, 09:03 AM
I get you, man. I main Warlord and PK tend to be annoying, but they are predictable. just block and parry their side attack and retaliate with heavy attacks. I usually interrupt their dodging side attack with my light attack. That'll get them furious and they'll try to guard break me, which I respond with a counter and heavy. Easy peasy. You'll get the hang of it.

This is not easy but its a start. I wish you could pick what lvl 2 bot you faced, and it had AI close to the common play style of the PC's. I'v been just re-uping and dueling PC's over and over until they get sick of kicking the **** out of me. Im picking it up tho. Thanx for the advice.

C.E.TON
02-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Alright so after a ton of play time and trying to find the right strategy to beat the peacekeeper i figured it out. I shelved the class i really want to play and went ninja. Now PK die as i dodge away and spam slash. Yah, i went to the dark side and even tho i hate the class im an now playing it works...god does it work.

Thanx for all the help tho. Y'all should of just told me to go Orochi. Hell after playing this class for 4 hours my K/D is over 3.0. Everyone....jump on this band wagon.

Noellessa2016
02-23-2017, 03:21 PM
While some of the tips are good here, as I use PK as my 2nd 'main' (other is Nobushi), I also would add that most PKs know that everyone knows how to counter their side dodge attack and so will switch up tactics. The first time I fight someone I'll see how they react and if they're experienced vs. PK. If they block an initial forward dash up heavy, I know they are familiar. I'll then try just one side dodge attack and if they block that or attempt to parry I won't do anymore at all. Honestly, I usually don't try either of those as they are predictable and everyone knows how to counter them.

Instead, many PK friends and I try things like side dodge to back dodge instead of attack, then another forward dash to to a side light attack and poison. Also try to use the 'they always run' mindset people have to bait people to run after me. I start 'running away', only to instantly turn around and attempt a LA chain or, usually, a GB since the enemy momentum they build thinking they will be 'chasing' me makes it hard for them to stop quickly as I turn around to GB them. This is especially good to do around ledges, though I do think throws off ledges are kinda ick.

Anyways, just some thoughts. And also, most PK I know will just wait out all that feint stuff - I play ultra defensively (until an opening presents itself to go all out). Also, if in Dominion and built for stamina gain and exhaustion recovery the PK will have a lot more resources to do a lot more varied moves/combos like these.

cirte8_6
02-23-2017, 03:57 PM
its like in every game: 1on1 is and will always be unbalanced.

to care my nerves i stopped to play 1v1 or 2v2 duels. :cool:

PathlessMoss
02-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Fellow Conquerors Main, you can definitely play Conq in all game modes. I used to get wreaked by assasins types in 1v1 situations. The good news is that as you get more accustomed to your charecter and more accustomed to your enemies move sets things start getting more predictable. I went from losing almost every assasins battle to winning almost every one. Don't give up.

Basic starter tip #1: Their biggest weakness is their low HP and short range, your strongest attack (Charged Heavy) is also fast and you can block while holding it. This will be your bread and butter for your average assasin.

Charge it up and start your mind game. They will try and bait it by dodging in and out. They will normally do this right out of range in fear of you hitting them. Don't fall for it... Most assasin types are used to fast paced combat and will tire of the waiting game very quickly. They will start baiting you closer to either attack or guard break you. As soon as you see them dash forward within range switch your guard stance and release.

Tip #2: Never fight in the open. Stay close to walls. If you block a heavy attack you get a free guard break. Use it to throw them against a wall and get a free heavy.

Tip #3: To be used after tip one if they are close to a wall and especially after tip 2 if they already hit a wall: Heavy - bash - heavy combo. Use this to push them into a wall and to keep them hitting it. This combo can be used repeatedly and works best when hitting enemies into walls to guarantee they can not react. Try not to deplete your full stamina with this unless you think the last swing will kill them. Pro tip: when using this in the open a good assasin will be able to dodge the charge and counter with a side attack. The Conqueror can still block when charging so keep your guard in the direction they dodge and you will block the attack. Use the stagger to get in another hit before backing off.

Once you learn to parry and counter guard break you can include them in your fights with these tips and will rarely have assasin issues again. Good luck out there!

Pope138
02-23-2017, 04:39 PM
I also main a heavy (warlord) and do not have these problems. Do you try different strats for different opponents?

Pope138
02-23-2017, 04:41 PM
Different classes are meant to be good for different situations, you're not meant to be able to just use one class in all scenarios.

Heavies are great for holding down points in dominion.

It's literally impossible for them to make it so that all classes are equal in all scenarios whilst maintaining distinct difference in classes.

I disagree. 1 hero can hold his own against any opponent if the player knows what they're doing. That's not to say that the game doesn't require some minor tweaks to balance.

dayLockey
02-23-2017, 04:58 PM
OP seems to suffering from a serious L2P issue. Conqueror hard counters many heroes in this game, sorry you can't keep up with PK but maybe you should practice your timing and/or play PK yourself and see what she is weak against and how her hero mechanic works.

While people love to hate on PK, she is actually incredibly difficult to play well as she is very predictable and easily/heavily punished by skilled players. Meanwhile my dog could probably play Conqueror at a competent level.