PDA

View Full Version : Implement Honor/Dishonor system

Sensei0331
02-22-2017, 05:23 AM
I'm all for playing to win and to get there by any means necessary, but, cmon, "time and place," people. The game is called "For Honor." Personally, I'm going to play as honest and as honorable as I can because it's the honorable thing to do. That's my choice.
A good thing to add to the game is to show how each and every player got to where they are, whether honorably or dishonorably. How many duels did you interrupt, besides waiting for the outcome? How many times did you throw an opponent off a bridge when he/she was only one strike from death while you were at full health? If you want to be the highest ranking player in "For Honor," prove how you got that achievement.
By implementing an Honor System, Paragon/Renegade from Mass Effect, or whatever the system'll be called, this game could make a huge impact on the attitude of all players. It'd show exactly what kinds of players we are.
Again. Want to be the best in "For Honor?" Let's go for it. But let's see how we got there and show the world what kind of gamers we are.

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 05:25 AM
Oh yeah so even if someone is the most honorable person on earth, if people dislike him too much they will dishonor bomb them to the point where everyone sees him as something that he isn't.

It's called For Honor not 'Honor Required'

If they wanted you to play with complete and total honor they wouldn't let these nasty things like gravity, or interesting gameplay mechanics apply.

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 05:53 AM
Obviously, other players are going to be "upset" when something is done to them in game. There's already a reporting system for that.

What I'm saying is that there could be a system in-game that shows how honorable and dishonorable you are as you play. Like, let's say you see your teammate is in a duel and he clearly is going to lose. His health is one hit away and his enemy is near full. You jump in and save the day before the killing blow. Honorable.

Reverse the scenario, your teammate is winning the duel. You jump in and "steal his kill." Dishonorable.

Same scenario but with multiple players ganging up on one. Extra points awarded all around if the gang wins. The one wins, added points for coming out on top against impossible odds

An separate, in-game system would recognize that and record it

Or maybe people can stop demanding random strangers on the internet to play the way they specifically want to be played against and getting offended when told no. The best part is the ones who actually go into a game expecting every player to keep the exact same mindset as them, then getting super upset when nobody shows any form of internet-based telepathy.

Allyrion8
02-22-2017, 06:11 AM
I think it sounds like a good system. Most people are replying by arguing a point you haven't made. People just get antsy when you bring up Honor (on both sides).

This sounds pretty neutral and a nice added mechanic. Maybe with some effects or customization unlocks.

Sensei0331
02-22-2017, 06:13 AM
Or maybe people can stop demanding random strangers on the internet to play the way they specifically want to be played against and getting offended when told no. The best part is the ones who actually go into a game expecting every player to keep the exact same mindset as them, then getting super upset when nobody shows any form of internet-based telepathy.

I'm not saying no to other players gameplay nor offended by them. It's their choice to play as they will.
You seem upset. You okay, random stranger on the Internet?

GayForShugoki
02-22-2017, 06:17 AM
I'm not saying no to other players gameplay nor offended by them. It's their choice to play as they will.
You seem upset. You okay, random stranger on the Internet?

Do you use Internet Explorer? Most people that capitalise 'internet' do.

Sensei0331
02-22-2017, 06:24 AM
This sounds pretty neutral and a nice added mechanic. Maybe with some effects or customization unlocks.

Exactly. Mass Effect did it perfectly with its Paragon/Renegade system. Why not use the concept in For Honor.

Sensei0331
02-22-2017, 06:26 AM
Do you use Internet Explorer? Most people that capitalise 'internet' do.

Auto-corrected

Sensei0331
02-22-2017, 06:59 AM
Bump...

PS: ...ik

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 09:46 AM
Good idea.Sadly we can't tell people how to play the game,and ubisoft has the major fault when it comes to ganking and cheesing with ledges,since they could easily use standard arenas instead to pretend that people in the medieval times lived constantly surrounded by ledges.At least a cosmetici reward for playng the game honorably will distinguish those that want to improve themselves from the filthy "I have only to win" kids.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 10:36 AM
I'd like to see renown lost when running from a fair 1v1 fight with no interference. Too many assassin class users attack, get their asses kicked, then run away to heal or get a teammate to help.

The definition of renown is - : a state of being widely acclaimed and highly honored : fame

So doesn't it make sense that running from a fair fight should decrease renown? Hell, in the first mission of the knight campaign they label the leader of the defense a coward for not accepting the fight, yet there is no penalty for running from a fair fight when you're losing.

I think a -30 renown would keep people from running so often, obviously if a 3rd player interferes it wouldn't be considered cowardly and wouldn't count as negative renown.

RoosterIlluzion
02-22-2017, 10:40 AM
This would work in a separate mode of 2v2 or 4v4, but not in Dominion. Of course if it happens, I think it should be purely for fun and not add or take away anything from rewards or play.

l-Sir_Smite-l
02-22-2017, 11:00 AM
I'd like to see renown lost when running from a fair 1v1 fight with no interference. Too many assassin class users attack, get their asses kicked, then run away to heal or get a teammate to help.

The definition of renown is - : a state of being widely acclaimed and highly honored : fame

So doesn't it make sense that running from a fair fight should decrease renown? Hell, in the first mission of the knight campaign they label the leader of the defense a coward for not accepting the fight, yet there is no penalty for running from a fair fight when you're losing.

I think a -30 renown would keep people from running so often, obviously if a 3rd player interferes it wouldn't be considered cowardly and wouldn't count as negative renown.

The problem with this is who's definition of "honor" are you going for here? Something that's dishonorable for you may seem honorable to their team, such as finding time to escape and rez the team and potentially winning the match for them.

What you're proposing is playstyle-policing. You want to punish players who play a different way from you.

Felis_Menari
02-22-2017, 11:39 AM
When I played fighting games on a regular basis (they aren't really my cup of tea anymore, but For Honor seems to scratch an itch that I didn't know I had) I never went easy on anyone, despite a friend telling me at one point that I should let another one win so he would feel better; yeah, no, that wasn't going to happen. So, I never expected them to go easy on me. This applies to For Honor as well. If I end up in a disadvantageous position, it's the fault of me and my teammates. It simply means we need to improve. If my opponents end up in a disadvantageous position, then it is they who need improve.

BobTheWizzard
02-22-2017, 11:59 AM
When I played fighting games on a regular basis (they aren't really my cup of tea anymore, but For Honor seems to scratch an itch that I didn't know I had) I never went easy on anyone, despite a friend telling me at one point that I should let another one win so he would feel better; yeah, no, that wasn't going to happen. So, I never expected them to go easy on me. This applies to For Honor as well. If I end up in a disadvantageous position, it's the fault of me and my teammates. It simply means we need to improve. If my opponents end up in a disadvantageous position, then it is they who need improve.

100% Agree. The only ones I was angry at, when I had to go 1 v 4, were my teammates. And implementing system which would say "this guy is dishonorable!" while in fact a person simply plays by the rules of the game, and wants to win, is not something that should be done.

Sirrkas
02-22-2017, 12:18 PM

I have to disagree. The best part are the hypocrites, that try to stab you in the back during your execute or start the 2vs1 but call you a horrible person for doing them the same favor.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 12:23 PM
The problem with this is who's definition of "honor" are you going for here? Something that's dishonorable for you may seem honorable to their team, such as finding time to escape and rez the team and potentially winning the match for them.

What you're proposing is playstyle-policing. You want to punish players who play a different way from you.

I don't think it would be considered honorable in anyones view to run from a fight that both fighters by choice participated in and ran just because he was losing.

If you could give a decent example I might change my view on that though.

All fighters are capable of beating any other fighter, it's only a death, fight to the end or run and lose renown.

Felis_Menari
02-22-2017, 12:28 PM
I have to disagree. The best part are the hypocrites, that try to stab you in the back during your execute or start the 2vs1 but call you a horrible person for doing them the same favor.

Yet another reason why it's hard to take this sense of "battle honor" seriously. If it's unenforceable, why try to adhere to it? As I said in another thread like this, for the "honor" crowd to truly be happy they'd need a "Winner Stays" mode, which I would totally be cool with being added to the game. Such a mode could be great for trying to learn how to deal with different fighting styles while not having to deal with the likely longer load times of back-to-back-to-back-to-back duels.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 02:18 PM
You disqualified yourself with that last sentence.

anyway arbitrary judgement systems have no place in such a game. You can implement a like dislike system like in dota if it makes you happy, but it needs to have no effect on the game. At all.

It wouldn't have an effect on the game, just your score and you would hardly notice unless you ran from every fight. How did I disqualify myself? From what? Whatever that even means.

The game is called For HONOR, you gain RENOWN as points. So if you want to run from a fight just because you are being losing and don't think you can win, then you should lose renown, because running from a fair 1v1 fight would get you the opposite of renown in anyones eyes, it would get you a bad name.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 04:18 PM
Not sure what Russian football has to do with medieval warfare but ok. Also if a knight was fighting dozens of peasants at the same time... yeah I would call that honorable, and defending strategic areas against enemy heroes... again yes, that would gain you renown and honor. I'm not sure what point you tried to make but you definitely missed the mark.

I'm just trying to say running from a fair fight should negate renown, but all of you guys obviously run from a lot of fights so you're passionate about this negative renown not coming into the game, I don't even run from 2v1s because its fun trying to beat 2 people at once and with revenge it's very possible.

So take your PK's and Orochi's and flee from the better fighters until help arrives. Anyone reading knows what kind of players you are.

AKDagriZ
02-22-2017, 04:30 PM
why dont you guys create your own for honor community.Call it he honorables of For honor. create your own rules and play customize match like you want and play with your fellow honorable member the way you want.And we will get rid.finaly

SnueGliffer
02-22-2017, 04:39 PM
I've never known a game to make people so salty over the way other people choose to play it, I didn't even hear this much frustration when playing Dark Souls or Street Fighter and those games are full of it. The key is the part where you said "Personally, I'm going to play as honest and as honorable as I can because it's the honorable thing to do. That's my choice." That's precisely it, it's your choice to do so. If you choose to do so then fine, if it makes you feel like you're playing better or more honorable than other people then go for it. Personally I don't see why we should implement a system that allows you to gloat about the fact you refuse to work as a team in a team based game mode. What is the point in 4v4 if you're not going to help teammates? Just play duels if you're so obsessed with the idea of fighting honorably.

How would this system even work exactly? How would it detect that you're running away from a fight? Maybe you're sprinting to the next opponent and you don't realise that someone is behind you, would the system count this as fleeing? I guess you'd want it to count environmental kills as well since most people complain about those as being dishonorable. I don't think this would work at all, perhaps a preferred player system might work but otherwise I don't see the point.

AKDagriZ
02-22-2017, 04:59 PM
maybe we should place a BOT as a police officer one for each player ..he will follow you everywhere and if you run away 10 feet too far from the fight he slay you.Boom no warning ! Is that is a good idea ?

Jadarok
02-22-2017, 05:07 PM
I'm all for playing to win and to get there by any means necessary, but, cmon, "time and place," people. The game is called "For Honor." Personally, I'm going to play as honest and as honorable as I can because it's the honorable thing to do. That's my choice.
A good thing to add to the game is to show how each and every player got to where they are, whether honorably or dishonorably. How many duels did you interrupt, besides waiting for the outcome? How many times did you throw an opponent off a bridge when he/she was only one strike from death while you were at full health? If you want to be the highest ranking player in "For Honor," prove how you got that achievement.
By implementing an Honor System, Paragon/Renegade from Mass Effect, or whatever the system'll be called, this game could make a huge impact on the attitude of all players. It'd show exactly what kinds of players we are.
Again. Want to be the best in "For Honor?" Let's go for it. But let's see how we got there and show the world what kind of gamers we are.

I have no problem with adding more scores based on how you won, but forcing 1v1s in any game mode besides Duel is stupid.

AKDagriZ
02-22-2017, 05:23 PM
I have no problem with adding more scores based on how you won, but forcing 1v1s in any game mode besides Duel is stupid.

last night i try a brawl match.I had no plan made. I wont nececerly interfere with the other duel if i win my duel.Havent decided yet if i will run and join my teamamte right at the beginning of the match either.Match wasnt started yet and one guy shooted '' respect the 1v1''. WTF ? who are those people who are they to make such claim nor assume it has to be this way.

the only way to fix this argument will be to have real server that people can host and choose wich rules they want to run.

Roman672
02-22-2017, 05:25 PM
I've re-posted this link in a couple forum, my rant was a little long, but I feel pretty spot on with my assessment.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581033-The-Honor-Police-1vs1/page13

The reality is that your sense of honor is not the same as anyone else. Similarly, on the world...nobody's sense of honor has been the same through history. Some people share your view, but what you are talking about is more along the lines of CHIVALRY not HONOR. Big differences. People keep using the word without knowing it's actual definition. In the immortal words of Indigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - The Princess Bride

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chivalry

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/honor

So in summary, the game is "For Honor", which is esteem or high praise on the battlefield. Granted that could be earned with 1v1, but honor doesn't have a specific moral code. The game is not "For Chivalry." As a historical martial artist in the practice of historical fencing and HEMA, there is a fine line between chivalry and stupidity. Taking away a gained advantage on a skilled opponent is stupidity.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 08:11 PM
You're either feigning ignorance so you don't have to acknowledge any other viewpoints or you are ignorant and really can't grasp the pretty basic points I just made. I have a horrible feeling it's the latter.
Either way I'm not gonna waste anymore time on you, just please stop pretending you are discussing when all you want to do is dictate.
Play however you want, but you can sod right off if you think you can impose a set of nonsensical game breaking rules on the rest of us.

Lol what nonsensical rules? I don't care how people play, I don't mind being 2v1'd in a 4v4 match, I've actually posted that I like it, I never said I'm wanting honor to rule the game and everyone to abide by it. I explained the definition of renown and why I thought you should lose it if you ran from a fair fight.

The only ONE thing I said is if you run from a fair fight 1v1 just because you are losing so you can go heal or grab someone else to help you lose a very small amount of renown and I hardly think thats game breaking, stop being so dramatic.

Dabeat.
02-22-2017, 08:36 PM
Ye... No. You're not the judge of what's honorable and what's not.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 08:49 PM
I've never known a game to make people so salty over the way other people choose to play it, I didn't even hear this much frustration when playing Dark Souls or Street Fighter and those games are full of it. The key is the part where you said "Personally, I'm going to play as honest and as honorable as I can because it's the honorable thing to do. That's my choice." That's precisely it, it's your choice to do so. If you choose to do so then fine, if it makes you feel like you're playing better or more honorable than other people then go for it. Personally I don't see why we should implement a system that allows you to gloat about the fact you refuse to work as a team in a team based game mode. What is the point in 4v4 if you're not going to help teammates? Just play duels if you're so obsessed with the idea of fighting honorably.

How would this system even work exactly? How would it detect that you're running away from a fight? Maybe you're sprinting to the next opponent and you don't realise that someone is behind you, would the system count this as fleeing? I guess you'd want it to count environmental kills as well since most people complain about those as being dishonorable. I don't think this would work at all, perhaps a preferred player system might work but otherwise I don't see the point.

I'm not sure if this whole reply is for me or not, I'm not saying I want all 1v1 fights, I said I enjoy fighting 2v1 outnumbered and in 4v4 I help out teammates as well. The only thing I suggested is taking a small amount of points for people who run from fights to go heal because they were losing, I just suggested 30 points be lost which I don't think is a lot but it could be lowered to 15 if it's too much.

As far as the 1v1 system where you lose point's for running it wouldn't be that hard, you would have to trade blows for it to be a fight, so if you ran by someone without noticing it wouldn't take points from you, if you disengaged without anyone interfering after fighting 1v1 and stayed disengaged with that person for 20-30 seconds you lose renown.

I highly doubt it would ever get put into the game anyway, I was just sharing an idea, it seems like a lot of forum goers fight like this though by the amount of resistance it's getting.

I didn't say anything about environmental kills either, I get killed by them and kill others with them too, being aware of your surroundings is part of the game. Nothing better than fighting outnumbered and throwing someone into wall spikes lol

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 08:59 PM
so.. in other words. we donīt need it?

Obviously not, it's one idea in a forum with a thousand other ideas, I was just sharing it. Do I think it's a good one? Yes. Do I think it would cut back on people having to chase others down to finish kills? Yes.

It's not about "honor" and more so about being annoying that a lot of people make you chase them down when they start losing rather than see if they can win the fight. I pulled off plenty of wins with 5% health to their 60%-70%, they're the most intense and satisfying wins you can have.

Like I said, I just think it would cut back on having to chase after half the people you are fighting when it doesn't go their way.

Wolf-Heathen
02-22-2017, 09:10 PM
See you've almost grapsed what the game is all about here but your personal bias just wont quite let you accept it.
We are fighting FOR ... not with. FOR honour, FOR renown. Not with.
Yes we GAIN renown, we gain fame, we gain honour. What does this have to do with fighting WITH it?

When I use my aoe zone attack on a bunch of peasants in the middle of zone B, and get loads of renown, am I honourable?
When I stand in a capture zone and my renown ticks up, am I standing honourably? In a honourable pose or something?
You know when I kick someone down a hole or off a ledge, I gain renown?

I watched a documentary on Russian football hooligans last night, the firms who basically organise almost military style attacks on normal football fans. Vasily 'the killer' leader of a football hooligan firm called the 'Spartak Gladiators' was asked why they attacked fans during Euro 2016. I'll quote his exact answer:

"We were seeking honour"

I kid you not.

Even in this game, the campaign, the mechanics, the environment and even the title does everything it can to demonstrate that you are fighting for honour but not with it, and yet people still insist it's supposed to be played to an honour code.

I doubt anything I say will change any minds, but honestly, you've got it all wrong.

Please top this nonsensical analogy. You cannot fight FOR something by acting contrary to what you are fighting for, this is hypocrisy. You cannot fight for honor by acting dishonorably. You cannot fight for world peace by going to war everyone else. So just stop that stupid example for justifying you behaving like a little ****.

This game is based on medieval warfare, and there was this thing called the Code of Chivalry. Look it up. It's even referenced in the game with the Warden chastising deserters breaking their vows as Wardens, and how the Warden oath is not something to be easily abandoned.. So yes, honor is very much a core concept of the game, and was a big inspiration for the developers. It's why it is referenced in the single player campaign, and why it's also referenced in the title. That is why people come to game expecting something different than your typical CoD or Halo experience. I mean, to use your flawed analogy, if they didn't want to encourage honorable play, they would have named it, "For Winning At all Costs lul"

I don't know why there are a select few on these forums trying to give the impression that the vast majority of the player base are misinformed, and honor has no place in this game. It has been my experience that people who think like you, "Win at all costs" are the minority, and does not reflect 1v1 or 2v2s at all. 4v4 is the exception, but I've had gentleman's agreements at the start of elimination mode where everyone agreed not to interfere in fights. There is always the odd troll who tries to cheese people, but most of the time people act quite respectable.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 09:17 PM
i canīt really comprehend why anyone would think it is better to die than to run away and possibly be of actual help to your team.

I'm not saying stay and die, I'm saying stay and see if you can win. Haven't you ever won a fight without taking a single hit? Its not impossible, I just think with this idea it would encourage more people to stay and fight than to just run.

In Elimination I guess I can see why people would run, you only have one life, but if you run one of your teammates will probably get double teamed. I'm more so talking about the most played mode though, Dominion. People are too concerned about their K/D ratio I think.

I main LB and regularly take 2 to 3 guys on at once for as long as I can, I hardly ever win against 3 but keeping them distracted for a minute or two while your team racks up points wins you games.

Brave_Thunder
02-22-2017, 09:20 PM
i canīt really comprehend why anyone would think it is better to die than to run away and possibly be of actual help to your team.

Well,for someone if your opponent is more skilled than you he deserves his victor,in any game mode.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 09:44 PM
so i should give an opponent that is better than me time AND xp? this makes even less sense.

Well two things could happen when you run from a fight, one is you try to run and get stabbed in the back and die anyway, two is you run and are getting away and the guy chasing you stops to double team your first teammate you run by.

So in my opinion it's better to stay and fight to see if you can win, running hardly ever helps your team in any mode.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 10:43 PM
No 3 things.
You can win 3-0 like the Elimination I was just in where I ran at the start of every round to get boosts and to double team the enemy.
All the guys on my team spammed victory emotes at the end of the match.
The other team?
Were they honourable? They're dead, they lost.
They can have 'Died Hoourably' put on their tombstones if it helps?
:D

I always knew you were a scrub player, thanks for proving it to everyone for me lol

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Feel free to read these (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1586712-For-those-of-you-confused-by-the-game-mode-rules). Here is your only method for evaluating Honor.

StrutterGear
02-22-2017, 10:44 PM

Lol jog on. What's wrong with what he said? If you wanna be a **** let it be known.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 10:45 PM
See my post above.

I always knew you were a scrub player, thanks for proving it to everyone for me lol

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 11:00 PM
See my post above.

Of course I know you CAN gang bang a team in Elim, I'm just saying a good player would kill their direct opponent to immediately put the odd in his teams favor and then go double team people. I get that some people just aren't confident they can win a 1v1 though, hence "scrub player".

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 11:04 PM
So you acknowledge you're applying a set of rules that aren't a part of the game and expecting others to conform to the rules even though they're not actually a part of the game. Then when they don't you complain about their lack of a moral compass, call them names and complain about how bad they are.

You're the problem. You're not playing the game as it's intended to be played. You're the scrub player hiding behind a substandard set of regulations that protect you. Quit crying and play the game as it's intended to be played instead of how you feel it most benefits you.

As for I'm not confident in my skills. I'm more than confident. Anytime you want to measure your E-P enis let me know. I'm down. But regardless of your name calling, you're the problem with the elimination matches. Not players like me who utilize the exact strategy that the manufacture intended.

Of course I know you CAN gang bang a team in Elim, I'm just saying a good player would kill their direct opponent to immediately put the odd in his teams favor and then go double team people. I get that some people just aren't confident they can win a 1v1 though, hence "scrub player".

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 11:11 PM
So you acknowledge you're applying a set of rules that aren't a part of the game and expecting others to conform to the rules even though they're not actually a part of the game. Then when they don't you complain about their lack of a moral compass, call them names and complain about how bad they are.

You're the problem. You're not playing the game as it's intended to be played. You're the scrub player hiding behind a substandard set of regulations that protect you. Quit crying and play the game as it's intended to be played instead of how you feel it most benefits you.

As for I'm not confident in my skills. I'm more than confident. Anytime you want to measure your E-P enis let me know. I'm down. But regardless of your name calling, you're the problem with the elimination matches. Not players like me who utilize the exact strategy that the manufacture intended.

Have you even read any of my posts you goofball? The only thing I've said since the start was people should lose a small amount of renown for running from a 1v1 after they realized they would lose, I don't give a s*** about all this honor crap, I double team people when given the chance, I don't even mind being double teamed, it's a challenge. To me if you run away from the start of an Elimination to avoid the first fight, yes, you are a scrub. It has nothing to do with moral compass or honor lol

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 11:13 PM
So you don't have a moral compass and you're calling people scrubs .... tell me again how you're not judging someone on their strategy and making a moral judgement.

Moral:concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character. Sounds like I was spot on. You're saying they're wrong.

Have you even read any of my posts you goofball? The only thing I've said since the start was people should lose a small amount of renown for running from a 1v1 after they realized they would lose, I don't give a s*** about all this honor crap, I double team people when given the chance, I don't even mind being double teamed, it's a challenge. To me if you run away from the start of an Elimination to avoid the first fight, yes, you are a scrub. It has nothing to do with moral compass or honor lol

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 11:23 PM
So you don't have a moral compass and you're calling people scrubs .... tell me again how you're not judging someone on their strategy and making a moral judgement.

Moral:concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character. Sounds like I was spot on. You're saying they're wrong.

Calling someone a scrub isn't a moral judgement, it's a judgement on their skill. if you avoid a fight to team up with others, I assume you ran because you thought you would lose, why else would you run? Nothing to do with morals. It also has nothing to do with right or wrong, I call people who do that scrubs because they NEED more than themselves to win a 1v1, so much so that they don't even try.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 11:28 PM
when you want to punish people for something, it is safe to assume that you deem the punish-worthy action as wrong.

Like I said before, I find it annoying, not wrong really. I thought making a small penalty would incite more people to stand and fight rather than to make me chase them 50 feet before I catch them and kill them.

forrest0755
02-22-2017, 11:32 PM
People need to quit it with this honor nonsense. I am not playing Dominion to just Duel people. If I see a need for a tactical retreat, I will retreat. Same goes for Elimination and Skirmish. Especially in Elimination where if you die, you dont come back. If I see a teamamte about to die, I am going to help them. Because if I do not, then I may end up being outnumbered. If I see my teammate is handling the fight, I will not interfere because it would just be a wasteof time and I would only get in the way at that point. We dont have the time to let you 1v1 in Dominion, I am trying to capture zones quickly so we can get to 1000 points and break your team. I am not going to let you kill my teammate and get points in Skirmish, or get the upperhand in Elimination. If I am about to die, and I see an opening to throw you off a ledge, or into spikes, or whatever, I will take it. Dont want it to happen, then pay attention. The 4v4 modes are not about 1v1 dueling. I will almost always try to first kill the person I am spawned by in Elimination. But if I know I wont win, I will retreat, or stall until help can arrive. If the person runs away, I will follow them, because I dont want them to be able to gang up on one of my team mates. If you want to set some abitrary rules about respecting 1v1's or not using the enviroment, etc, then how about all you "honorable" folk, start a community, and try to find 7 other players to make a gorup to play by your abitray rules. A "honor" system, like you are suggesting, is pointless. It will just be another excuse for jerk offs who like to act honorable to act like *****s and lord over other people.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 11:34 PM
See my below response to your backtracking.

Like I said before, I find it annoying, not wrong really. I thought making a small penalty would incite more people to stand and fight rather than to make me chase them 50 feet before I catch them and kill them.

I like how you're changing your entire stance now that you're being called out on in. Let me remind you exactly what you said here.

First, the game mode isn't designed to be fair. Fairs are in August, they have rides and animals. Second, you're clearly saying that what they're doing is wrong. Thus you're judging them morally. Feel free to ACTUALLY get educated enough to not talk out of both sides of your mouth. In this topic you've said they should be punished, then you've gone to went to insulting everyone and talking about how you're better than they are, and you followed that up with the I don't like, but I guess it's not wrong.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 11:40 PM
Or smart enough to know you don't need to win a 1 vs 1 in a team game to win the round.
It's two strategies to achieve the same goal.
Only mine is guaranteed.
If both of the players in the 1 vs 1 are 'confident they can win' then one of them is going to be proven very very wrong.
If I start with a team mate, confidence doesn't come into it.
The problem with your 'logic' (being kind) is that it relies on an event you actually can't be 100% sure of
If you lose, you just put your team behind.
You're prepared to be a liability. I'd rather someone like me in my team than someone like you.
I doubt you have a 100% duel win history, and seeing as it's not even a duelling mode?
To me that makes your strategy the stupid one to go for.
You're bordering on trolling when you advocate picking the stupid option in the wrong mode due to a set of rules that only exist in your own head.

I think it is 100% with my berserker, 10/10 I don't do duels often, just for contract orders. Like I said, I'm usually pretty sure I can win in 1v1 so I always fight my starting opponent to get a quick advantage, and if he runs I just chase him until he gets to where he's going and then kill him. I said earlier in a post that my idea was more for Dominion as well, I said I could see the sense in running in an Elimination since you only have one life, but I didn't really mean right at the beginning before you even tested your opponent.

forrest0755
02-22-2017, 11:43 PM
I think it is 100% with my berserker, 10/10 I don't do duels often, just for contract orders. Like I said, I'm usually pretty sure I can win in 1v1 so I always fight my starting opponent to get a quick advantage, and if he runs I just chase him until he gets to where he's going and then kill him. I said earlier in a post that my idea was more for Dominion as well, I said I could see the sense in running in an Elimination since you only have one life, but I didn't really mean right at the beginning before you even tested your opponent.

It being for dominion makes even less sense because its is a mode about controlling territory, not fighting. If you are runnin around in Dominion, just looking for a fight, then you arent playing it right.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 11:47 PM
See my below response to your backtracking.

I like how you're changing your entire stance now that you're being called out on in. Let me remind you exactly what you said here.

First, the game mode isn't designed to be fair. Fairs are in August, they have rides and animals. Second, you're clearly saying that what they're doing is wrong. Thus you're judging them morally. Feel free to ACTUALLY get educated enough to not talk out of both sides of your mouth. In this topic you've said they should be punished, then you've gone to went to insulting everyone and talking about how you're better than they are, and you followed that up with the I don't like, but I guess it's not wrong.

How is that back tracking? I was talking about how the point system worked, it gives renown for kills and captures, I figured running from fair fights because you are being bested should take renown away. I showed the definition so people would know what renown is for the point system. I fail to see my backtracking. I stand by everything I said earlier.

Where did I say the fights should be fair? You seem to like fabricating things to suit your argument, I repeatedly said I double team people and don't mind being outnumbered. I said when in a fair fight and someone runs away because they started losing they should lose points for fleeing, I think you're the one who need to work on his comprehension of what you're reading.

The_B0G_
02-22-2017, 11:52 PM
As far as the Dominion argument goes, you meet people 1v1 all the time, whether it is while defending or running to another capture point, so yes, there is quite a bit of running around in Dominion. Usually people run to one of their captured points to heal up after being beaten in a 1v1, that's why I suggested the point loss. and in reality, -30 points is nothing, it would only make a dent in your score if you ran from every fight. I only suggested it so it could be a mental thing in the back of people's head to keep them in the fight longer if they thought they could possibly win even though they were losing, people just seem to give up too easy.

forrest0755
02-22-2017, 11:54 PM
How is that back tracking? I was talking about how the point system worked, it gives renown for kills and captures, I figured running from fair fights because you are being bested should take renown away. I showed the definition so people would know what renown is for the point system. I fail to see my backtracking. I stand by everything I said earlier.

Where did I say the fights should be fair? You seem to like fabricating things to suit your argument, I repeatedly said I double team people and don't mind being outnumbered. I said when in a fair fight and someone runs away because they started losing they should lose points for fleeing, I think you're the one who need to work on his comprehension of what you're reading.

And We thi k that is a horrible idea, especially in Dominion. One, its not about fighting. Two, sometimes a retreat is tactically sound. Maybe one of our territories are being captured, and we are going to defend it. If we are not currently in a territory I am not gonna waste time and 1v1 you. If my teammate is asking for help, I am going to leave and go help. If we are breaking, I am not going to fight you, risk dying and being out of the game, when the important thing to do is to capture a territory so that we are no longer breaking. I play with a tactical mind in Dominion. If I am the only person left, I am going to sneak around, try to revive teammates, so we can come back. I only 1v1 people if trying to cpature, or defend a territory, and If I am losing, I will retreat, so that I dont die and I am not taken out of the fight for 15 seconds. Its called being smart.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 12:05 AM
And We thi k that is a horrible idea, especially in Dominion. One, its not about fighting. Two, sometimes a retreat is tactically sound. Maybe one of our territories are being captured, and we are going to defend it. If we are not currently in a territory I am not gonna waste time and 1v1 you. If my teammate is asking for help, I am going to leave and go help. If we are breaking, I am not going to fight you, risk dying and being out of the game, when the important thing to do is to capture a territory so that we are no longer breaking. I play with a tactical mind in Dominion. If I am the only person left, I am going to sneak around, try to revive teammates, so we can come back. I only 1v1 people if trying to capture, or defend a territory, and If I am losing, I will retreat, so that I dont die and I am not taken out of the fight for 15 seconds. Its called being smart.

Fair enough, retreating to heal can sometimes take longer than 15 seconds though. Like I said about elimination earlier, with one life, I can see the sense in running while losing, the same applies to when your team is breaking. I think a lot of you guys are taking what I said as Dominion should be all 1v1 fights, that's not it at all, I was only saying that if you did get into a 1v1 in the mode, and it wasn't interrupted by anyone on either side jumping in and you ran because you started getting beat, you should get a small point penalty, that's it. I'm not saying you shouldn't 2v1, 3v1, 4v1 or play smart or tactically.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 12:09 AM
Are you dense? You say it's not wrong when you previously said it should be punished. If it's not wrong why should it be punished? That is the very definition of backtracking. You went from it's wrong to its not wrong to its only wrong in dominion. Pick a stance and stick with it. You're flipping and flopping like you're not sure what you're talking about.

You mean other than the exact post below and the one above where you said and I quote "I figured running from fair fights because..." You're just incapable of not contradicting yourself. Feel free to stop responding to me, because I can assure you, just like in the game I'm not going to show you any mercy.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 12:21 AM
Are you dense? You say it's not wrong when you previously said it should be punished. If it's not wrong why should it be punished? That is the very definition of backtracking. You went from it's wrong to its not wrong to its only wrong in dominion. Pick a stance and stick with it. You're flipping and flopping like you're not sure what you're talking about.

You mean other than the exact post below and the one above where you said and I quote "I figured running from fair fights because..." You're just incapable of not contradicting yourself. Feel free to stop responding to me, because I can assure you, just like in the game I'm not going to show you any mercy.

Saying when in a fair fight you should lose points for fleeing and saying all fights should be fair are two totally different things, good try on the connection though. I stated on one of my first posts I was referring to the most played mode Dominion, no flip, no flop. Keep digging though, you almost had something there.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 12:26 AM
I honestly wonder if you ever even played the game if you think Dominion matches should be 1v1. But if I have this right, you're saying that fights in dominion, a zone capture game mode, people should 1v1, but in Elimination, a death match people shouldn't 1v1. Gotcha. Oh and on the fair fight definition you're looking for there, there isn't such a thing. Thats the entire point. You're still clinging to it.

Saying when in a fair fight you should lose points for fleeing and saying all fights should be fair are two totally different things, good try on the connection though. I stated on one of my first posts I was referring to the most played mode Dominion, no flip, no flop. Keep digging though, you almost had something there.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 12:35 AM
I honestly wonder if you ever even played the game if you think Dominion matches should be 1v1. But if I have this right, you're saying that fights in dominion, a zone capture game mode, people should 1v1, but in Elimination, a death match people shouldn't 1v1. Gotcha. Oh and on the fair fight definition you're looking for there, there isn't such a thing. Thats the entire point. You're still clinging to it.

I literally just posted 2 posts ago that I don't think Dominion should be 1v1. time to start reading bud, instead of making stuff up to support your argument. I never said you shouldn't 1v1 in Elimination, I said you should 1v1 the first guy, then it's a free for all. Wow you are just terrible at comprehending what you're reading, it's astounding really.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 12:39 AM
So which is it. Dominion is or isn't included? I'm making things up? I'm quoting you. Here let me help you catch up.

I said earlier in a post that my idea was more for Dominion as well

I literally just posted 2 posts ago that I don't think Dominion should be 1v1. time to start reading bud, instead of making stuff up to support your argument. I never said you shouldn't 1v1 in Elimination, I said you should 1v1 the first guy, then it's a free for all. Wow you are just terrible at comprehending what you're reading, it's astounding really.

Let me know when you ACTUALLY iron out your stance so I can respond, because you're flipping and flopping so much it's hard to follow your lack of logical posts.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 12:50 AM
So which is it. Dominion is or isn't included? I'm making things up? I'm quoting you. Here let me help you catch up.

Let me know when you ACTUALLY iron out your stance so I can respond, because you're flipping and flopping so much it's hard to follow your lack of logical posts.

Okay I'll try to type this as simple as I possibly can so you can understand this. Let me know if I get ahead of you.

The idea was that if you happened to get into a 1v1 while in Dominion.... still with me? and then you both fight back and forth and one person starts losing.... and the player that is losing decides to run away to go heal... still following? He will then get a small penalty to renown for fleeing from a fair fight.

I know it's hard for you to follow what I'm writing but I hope that was simple enough for you to understand. Now did you notice how in there I didn't say that all fights should be 1v1? I said if you happen to be in a 1v1, and In the original the penalty wouldn't apply if anyone interfered as well.

Let me know if you need any more help with something you didn't quite understand.

Sirrkas
02-23-2017, 12:56 AM
I've re-posted this link in a couple forum, my rant was a little long, but I feel pretty spot on with my assessment.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1581033-The-Honor-Police-1vs1/page13

The reality is that your sense of honor is not the same as anyone else. Similarly, on the world...nobody's sense of honor has been the same through history. Some people share your view, but what you are talking about is more along the lines of CHIVALRY not HONOR. Big differences. People keep using the word without knowing it's actual definition. In the immortal words of Indigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." - The Princess Bride

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chivalry

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/honor

So in summary, the game is "For Honor", which is esteem or high praise on the battlefield. Granted that could be earned with 1v1, but honor doesn't have a specific moral code. The game is not "For Chivalry." As a historical martial artist in the practice of historical fencing and HEMA, there is a fine line between chivalry and stupidity. Taking away a gained advantage on a skilled opponent is stupidity.

You forgot to mention, that there is no single true definition of chivalry either. Depending on who judged it, they would expect a knight to do something different.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-23-2017, 01:12 AM
Gotcha. So on the third Thursday of the 4th month in the leap year where the moon is full and the comet / meteor shower is happening we should all be in 1v1s.

Okay I'll try to type this as simple as I possibly can so you can understand this. Let me know if I get ahead of you.

The idea was that if you happened to get into a 1v1 while in Dominion.... still with me? and then you both fight back and forth and one person starts losing.... and the player that is losing decides to run away to go heal... still following? He will then get a small penalty to renown for fleeing from a fair fight.

I know it's hard for you to follow what I'm writing but I hope that was simple enough for you to understand. Now did you notice how in there I didn't say that all fights should be 1v1? I said if you happen to be in a 1v1, and In the original the penalty wouldn't apply if anyone interfered as well.

Let me know if you need any more help with something you didn't quite understand.

What I understand is you have no actual idea of what you're talking about, and you're just running around spinning it as best as you can.

Sirrkas
02-23-2017, 01:14 AM
He will then get a small penalty to renown for fleeing from a fair fight.

You are aware, that your -30 renown is the equivalent of killing one in a 1v1, without anyone interfering? Why should one lose so many points by retreating? People need those points to unlock feats and staying to fight and probably die to give 30 renown to the opponent is also a bad deal.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 01:17 AM

I agree 100% man.

As an avid Dark Souls PvP-er I always loved the honor system that the game had with its playerbase. The bowing, the respect for the 1v1, and the gathering places for good fights were amazing.

BUT

As this game is catered more to the casuals most people don't have any idea how to play a game like this properly let alone with maturity and with respect. I have resolved myself to hoping that the majority of the worse offenders (The people who steal last hits, the roaming gank squads, and the duo teams that never split up) will eventually get bored and go back to their CoDs and whatever else they play.

That way the majority of the people left playing will be people who not only know how to play properly, but enjoy doing it as well.

GewaltSam
02-23-2017, 01:18 AM
Good idea! I try to play as dirty as humanly possible (in a gamey, fun way tho), so it would be nice to show off in front of my friends and others who understood how nice the mechanics around environmentals are.

Duckbit
02-23-2017, 01:20 AM
This "fight with honor" bull*hit is getting out of hand. Go to 1v1.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 01:21 AM
Good idea! I try to play as dirty as humanly possible (in a gamey, fun way tho), so it would be nice to show off in front of my friends and others who understood how nice the mechanics around environmentals are.

I have no issue with people using the environment and ledges.

The only thing I find hilarious is when the people who do that think that by doing so you legitimately beat the person you killed.

You killed the guy, but you didn't defeat the guy.

There is a difference there and people seem to mistake opportunistic gameplay for skill. Its not skill related. You throwing someone off a ledge is WAY different than you singlehandedly picking someone apart 1v1. People seem to forget that.

GewaltSam
02-23-2017, 01:39 AM

The only thing I find hilarious is when the people who do that think that by doing so you legitimately beat the person you killed.

There is a difference there and people seem to mistake opportunistic gameplay for skill. Its not skill related. You throwing someone off a ledge is WAY different than you singlehandedly picking someone apart 1v1. People seem to forget that.

You should get into some high lvl games where people sent you a "well played!" when you get them down the ledge at 100% while you only got 10%... Really, the fight on ledges is its own mindgame, and if you know the rules and have the tools, it's actually quite intense on both sides.

Brave_Thunder
02-23-2017, 01:48 AM
You should get into some high lvl games where people sent you a "well played!" when you get them down the ledge at 100% while you only got 10%... Really, the fight on ledges is its own mindgame, and if you know the rules and have the tools, it's actually quite intense on both sides.

I'll gladly avoid those "mind games" then.Some people even leave after they realize that I'm not going to play their cheesy game.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 01:54 AM

And you getting thrown off a ledge shows you may lack situational and environmental awareness.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 01:57 AM
I agree 100% man.

As an avid Dark Souls PvP-er I always loved the honor system that the game had with its playerbase. The bowing, the respect for the 1v1, and the gathering places for good fights were amazing.

BUT

As this game is catered more to the casuals most people don't have any idea how to play a game like this properly let alone with maturity and with respect. I have resolved myself to hoping that the majority of the worse offenders (The people who steal last hits, the roaming gank squads, and the duo teams that never split up) will eventually get bored and go back to their CoDs and whatever else they play.

That way the majority of the people left playing will be people who not only know how to play properly, but enjoy doing it as well.

Get off your damn high horse. You seriously lack honor yourself if this is how you commicate. You will fake honor with things like bwoing, but you are just a hypocrite. There is no proper way to play this, and fighting in 1v2's is an actual part of the game that you are prepared for in tutorials. If you have a problem with that, then you should be the one who leaves.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 02:01 AM
Gotcha. So on the third Thursday of the 4th month in the leap year where the moon is full and the comet / meteor shower is happening we should all be in 1v1s.

What I understand is you have no actual idea of what you're talking about, and you're just running around spinning it as best as you can.

I should of known you wouldn't understand that very simple, dumbed down explaination. Explaining anything to you is like trying to teach a monkey algebra.

Felis_Menari
02-23-2017, 02:09 AM
And you getting thrown off a ledge shows you may lack situational and environmental awareness.

Generally, when I get knocked off a ledge I blame myself for not paying attention or missing the guard break counter. The timing for CGB input is currently counter-intuitive, though. And I'd be negligent if I didn't mention the CGBing "too early" shenanigans.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 02:11 AM
Generally, when I get knocked off a ledge I blame myself for not paying attention or missing the guard break counter. The timing for CGB input is currently counter-intuitive, though. And I'd be negligent if I didn't mention the CGBing "too early" shenanigans.

Exactly. When I get pushed off a ledge, I see it as my fault. I should have been more careful. I have yet to master the cgb, but that is on me.

Drazard_TCR
02-23-2017, 02:19 AM
i completely agree with EVERYTHING.

Everything that is against an honor system. seriously people get over it... even if this game WAS called "Honor Required" you can still play any way you like.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 02:20 AM

Which is why I just don't fight near ledges. Either come to where I wanna fight or be prepared to wait.

You have a point, but I am mainly referring to the scrubs who literally will run away from a fight and then hide by a ledge and then claim they are skilled.

Get off your damn high horse. You seriously lack honor yourself if this is how you commicate. You will fake honor with things like bwoing, but you are just a hypocrite. There is no proper way to play this, and fighting in 1v2's is an actual part of the game that you are prepared for in tutorials. If you have a problem with that, then you should be the one who leaves.

1) I have no high horse. I just have high standards when it comes to the way I play games. There is a difference.

2) Bowing is not faking honor. That is showing some respect. They do the same in real life combat sports as well.

3) There is a proper way to play this.

4) I have no problem with fight 1v2's because I simply don't partake in them. I just run away and find a teammate so the fight is fair. Sorry if I don't feel like standing there and letting two people beat my *** to a pulp with no semblance of skill.

5) I have no problem with 1v2 but I also have no problem calling BS on people who do nothing but gang up on other players and then try to claim "Skill" is part of it. Its not. It takes ZERO skill to gang up on another player.

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 02:31 AM
Which is why I just don't fight near ledges. Either come to where I wanna fight or be prepared to wait.

You have a point, but I am mainly referring to the scrubs who literally will run away from a fight and then hide by a ledge and then claim they are skilled.

1) I have no high horse. I just have high standards when it comes to the way I play games. There is a difference.

2) Bowing is not faking honor. That is showing some respect. They do the same in real life combat sports as well.

3) There is a proper way to play this.

4) I have no problem with fight 1v2's because I simply don't partake in them. I just run away and find a teammate so the fight is fair. Sorry if I don't feel like standing there and letting two people beat my *** to a pulp with no semblance of skill.

5) I have no problem with 1v2 but I also have no problem calling BS on people who do nothing but gang up on other players and then try to claim "Skill" is part of it. Its not. It takes ZERO skill to gang up on another player.

I didn't say bowing was faking honor, I said you are a hypocrite for acting like an ***, then acting like you are honorable just because you bow. The way you speak to others, is dishonorable. Insulting other people, is very much a dishonorable thing to do. Its even against "The Duelists Code of Honor."

And no, your way is not "the proper way." Most of the things you people complain are specifically talked about in the tutorials.

And 1v2's arent hard if you are skilled. I wont run away from a 1v2, I enjoy the challenge. Its a lot more rewarding than beating somebody 1v1. I love these people who act like they are skilled, but cant handle a 1v2.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 02:34 AM
I love these people who act like they are skilled, but cant handle a 1v2.

Yeah I am such a scrub for not being able to handle multiple people from kicking my *** from 3 different directions at the same time. Man I am so bad lol

forrest0755
02-23-2017, 02:36 AM
Yeah I am such a scrub for not being able to handle multiple people from kicking my *** from 3 different directions at the same time. Man I am so bad lol

If you honestly cant handle a 1v2, then yes, you arent as good as you think you are. A good warrior should be able to handle two people at once. I can do it. Lots of people can do it. Maybe if you didnt run and tried to fight, you would learn you can do it as well.

GewaltSam
02-23-2017, 02:40 AM
@CoyoteXStarrk I hope you don't assume I (as one who argues for ledges and environmentals being used) are hiding beside them, but, if it comes to fighting near one, I am ready for it. If you run from it, I'm happy to serve you on open field, because I have something less to worry about, as well as you.

CoyoteXStarrk
02-23-2017, 02:44 AM
@CoyoteXStarrk I hope you don't assume I (as one who argues for ledges and environmentals being used) are hiding beside them, but, if it comes to fighting near one, I am ready for it. If you run from it, I'm happy to serve you on open field, because I have something less to worry about, as well as you.

No I was just talking about people who do that in general.

I like to fight in the open.

If I get a win I want it to be clean and legitimate. Same thing for if I lose.

The_B0G_
02-23-2017, 02:52 AM
If you honestly cant handle a 1v2, then yes, you arent as good as you think you are. A good warrior should be able to handle two people at once. I can do it. Lots of people can do it. Maybe if you didnt run and tried to fight, you would learn you can do it as well.

2v1's are fun, I never run from them, only thing more satisfying than beating two opponents is beating 3 lol beating 3 doesn't happen all that often for me though.

Sensei0331
02-24-2017, 07:16 AM
...didn't expect this much feedback. Awesome.

All arguments are valid and I agree; having a system dictate how players should play a video game is not what I'm proposing nor was my intention.

All I'm proposing is the same idea/concept for this particular game that was utilized in other huge games, like Mass Effect or KOTOR. A system that recognized what you did, what you used to do it with, and measured it accordingly, whether good OR bad.

But if everyone wants to put "reality" into a "virtual reality" (aka virtuality), man up and take some responsibility, b*****s. Let's look at the title of the game, shall we...

"FOR HONOR"

What is honor? Quite a few people in this forum stated, in a nutshell, that everyone has their own definition of honor. (To those people, please refer to my comment made above about reality co-existing with virtuality.) Now, Webster defines honor as "a keen sense of ethical conduct." Dishonor (opposite of honor), Webster defines as "lack or loss of honor." Interesting. Let's go further.

Again, please refer to "reality with virtuality"(R/VR) commented above.

Honor is having a keen sense of ethical conduct. What is ethical conduct? Long story short, it's when you know the difference between morally right AND wrong, morally good AND bad, then you act on that knowledge. Then that act becomes honorable or dishonorable based on your choice. With all that in mind...

Back to this being about a video game and not your perception of reality. And with keeping in mind the real/only definition of Honor.

Honorable Acts:
Waiting, within the AoE, for a confrontation between two other players to end; helping a teammate who is overwhelmed by 2 or more other players; ending a confrontation with an execution.

Dishonorable Acts:
Ganking, gang-banging, and ledge throwing.

All acts stated above would be recognized by the game and would give each act their honor/dishonor points.

Again, would this system force players to do the honorable thing? No, of course not. I used Force-lightning in KOTOR because I wanted to and I still became a Sith which was my intention all along. I made bad choices in ME2 to boost my renegade stats so that I could "romance" Jack. Putting a similar system in For Honor would just be another kind of in-game rep boost and would help egotistical players show how "good" they are.

*drops mic*

FailOfHDDVD
02-24-2017, 07:18 AM

For Honor in "1v1 duel"

By the way, disable attack indicators first because there's no honor in having the game assist you to block attacks.

Sensei0331
02-24-2017, 07:27 AM
...didn't expect this much feedback. Awesome.

All arguments are valid and I agree; having a system dictate how players should play a video game is not what I'm proposing nor was my intention.

All I'm proposing is the same idea/concept for this particular game that was utilized in other huge games, like Mass Effect or KOTOR. A system that recognized what you did, what you used to do it with, and measured it accordingly, whether good OR bad.

But if everyone wants to put "reality" into a "virtual reality" (aka virtuality), man up and take some responsibility, b*****s. Let's look at the title of the game, shall we...

"FOR HONOR"

What is honor? Quite a few people in this forum stated, in a nutshell, that everyone has their own definition of honor. (To those people, please refer to my comment made above about reality co-existing with virtuality.) Now, Webster defines honor as "a keen sense of ethical conduct." Dishonor (opposite of honor), Webster defines as "lack or loss of honor." Interesting. Let's go further.

Again, please refer to "reality with virtuality"(R/VR) commented above.

Honor is having a keen sense of ethical conduct. What is ethical conduct? Long story short, it's when you know the difference between morally right AND wrong, morally good AND bad, then you act on that knowledge. Then that act becomes honorable or dishonorable based on your choice. With all that in mind...

Back to this being about a video game and not your perception of reality. And with keeping in mind the real/only definition of Honor.

Honorable Acts:
Waiting, within the AoE, for a confrontation between two other players to end; helping a teammate who is overwhelmed by 2 or more other players; ending a confrontation with an execution.

Dishonorable Acts:
Ganking, gang-banging, and ledge throwing.

All acts stated above would be recognized by the game and would give each act their honor/dishonor points.

Again, would this system force players to do the honorable thing? No, of course not. I used Force-lightning in KOTOR because I wanted to and I still became a Sith which was my intention all along. I made bad choices in ME2 to boost my renegade stats so that I could "romance" Jack. Putting a similar system in For Honor would just be another kind of in-game rep boost and would help egotistical players show how "good" they are.

*drops mic*

And running from a fight isn't necessarily dishonorable, it just makes you a coward. But there is no shame in a tactical retreat, just annoying.