PDA

View Full Version : Does Ubisoft Actually Care?

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 04:56 AM
After reading extensively through the forums, you can conclude that Ubisoft has released a completely underdeveloped game. Yes, the fighting mechanics are undoubtedly groundbreaking.. but that's it. Each character has their specific problems, console connectivity is extremely unreliable, and matchmaking is totally unbalanced. But yet with these issues, has Ubisoft actually promised any reform? Yes, the game has just been released so one would think that patches are yet to come. But with all these complaints on the forums, you'd think there would be some announcement to address these issues. Specific issues. Such as connectivity. I have perfectly functioning Internet access and always have. Going to the help center only directed me to a page which stated that it was MY connection. Nope, sorry, that's not the case at all. So my complaint, as a gamer and a consumer (who is regrettably questioning the true value of this game) is that Ubisoft needs to address these issues in a formal manner. The already addressed issues are not what's being talked about in the gaming community. This game could be great, but this is just mediocre and unsatisfying. And extremely rage inducing. And even so, this post isn't going to be noticed by Ubisoft or some random forum combing employee will "assure" us that everything will be alright. You have our money Ubisoft, we want some answers.

Scoregasms2286
02-22-2017, 04:59 AM
Regretting my $100 investment as well. This game in terms of value, is worth $20 at best.

Also they made an announcement last week about some game balances....today there was a patch!! However, it wasnt for a damn thing listed a week ago, and what the patch said it fixed...didnt fix ****

Drekle
02-22-2017, 05:01 AM
Regretting my $100 investment as well. This game in terms of value, is worth $20 at best.

Also they made an announcement last week about some game balances....today there was a patch!! However, it wasnt for a damn thing listed a week ago, and what the patch said it fixed...didnt fix ****

Yeah according to their timeline they will fix it "Eventually". No timelines given.

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 05:03 AM

My point exactly. I also bought the $100 version. This game is worth that of an indie game at best. They have the resources, why can't we have assurance? Do they even read the damn forums?

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:05 AM
Jeez you guys expect way too much. This game is an entirely new ip, in fact it's an entirely new genre. You're expecting perfection on launch?

I can only laugh at your Idiocy.

Games that are in their 8th or 10 iterations, eg CoD or Battlefield always have their own problems at launch, yet they're always only slightly different to their previous offering.

Yet you're expecting 12 perfectly balanced classes and In-game mechanics in something groundbreaking, that's literally been out a week?

Sort your heads out you idiots, if you expected anything more than a work in progress you need your head checking.

Is the game perfection? No.

Is the game fun? Yes.

Is it fresh, something entirely new? Yes

can we expect perfection? No. Well grown up people don't anyway.

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 05:09 AM

With the model quality and the size of the team, a $20 release price would be an insult to the people who put all the work into animations,models, etc.

I'd say like, $30-$40 and they tacked the single player campaign for another $20.

If this were an indie title you would see alot of premade/recycled assets. This thing seems like it was made from scratch.

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 05:10 AM
Jeez you guys expect way too much. This game is an entirely new ip, in fact it's an entirely new genre. You're expecting perfection on launch?

Games that are in their 8th or 10 iterations, eg CoD or Battlefield always have their own problems at launch, yet they're always only slightly different to their previous offering.

Yet you're expecting 12 perfectly balanced classes and In-game mechanics in something groundbreaking, that's literally been out a week?

Sort your heads out you idiots, if you expected anything more than a work in progress you need your head checking.

Is the game fun? Yes.

Now I don't understand why you have to get all defensive and start calling names. I get it, I said it's a new game and these things are expected. I'm asking for clarity, not immediate reform. So maybe you should go read it again.
Also, I spent 100 ******* dollars of my own money on this game, so yeah, I'm mad.
And calling people idiots and then saying were not "grown ups" is just ironic. Go read a book you troglodyte.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:13 AM
Now I don't understand why you have to get all defensive and start calling names. I get it, I said it's a new game and these things are expected. I'm asking for clarity, not immediate reform. So maybe you should go read it again.

You wrote one massive wall of text. I read the first bit and it was so badly done I gave up.

Don't you think they're immensely busy? They've just released an entire new genre of game, they're checking their telemetry, planning their road map. Do you honestly expect a full statement detailing exactly what they're going to do and when? It'll come, you need patience.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:16 AM
Also, who seriously thinks this should've been 20? If you're saying that, you're nuts.

Indie games that sell for that often have 3 or 4 people making it, have you seen the credits for this game? All those people need paying, you know?

It's one of the best looking games on current consoles, yet it should cost less than half of a standard AAA?

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 05:18 AM
Also, who seriously thinks this should've been 20? If you're saying that, you're nuts.

Indie games that sell for that often have 3 or 4 people making it, have you seen the credits for this game? All those people need paying, you know?

It's one of the best looking games on current consoles, yet it should cost less than half of a standard AAA?

So you seriously don't want them to at least address the issues? You didn't take the time to read what I wrote lol you're arguing about something that's completely irrelevant. Go read it, I'm not explaining it again.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:20 AM
So you seriously don't want them to at least address the issues? You didn't take the time to read what I wrote lol you're arguing about something that's completely irrelevant. Go read it, I'm not explaining it again.

Yes I expect them to address the very apparent issues, but I expect them to do it in for time, not immediately. They'll get there, again, you need patience.

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 05:25 AM
Yes I expect them to address the very apparent issues, but I expect them to do it in for time, not immediately. They'll get there, again, you need patience.

They have my money. One hundred dollars. I don't need to be patient.

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:27 AM
They have my money. One hundred dollars. I don't need to be patient.

Then you're a fool, that's not how the world works. You're just being an entitled tool.

Scoregasms2286
02-22-2017, 05:30 AM

Is the game fun? Yes.

I mean when a well known company creates a game and releases it...Yes I expect it to be perfect, and if its not, they hotfix it in a timely manner.

Now if this was a new game developer who has not released a game yet, but is trying to emerge into the market. Yea its fine, they dont have the financial capital behind them to have a team working 24/7 to implement a new code for something broken, or even responding to the community.

BUT ****ING DAMN UBISOFT has been around for years, released multiple well known titles.

I am sorry Im complaining that a well established company has released a game worse than the beta tests. I rank the released game to the alpha test I first played of this game, input was ****.

I mean ****, id love a job at ubisoft, develop a game. Sit back for more than a week before I actually have to do anything about that game I just released. Yea, lemme take a vacation with all the pre purchases and in game currency bought, ill be back in 2 weeks to fix everyones complaints (maybe)

TucuReborn
02-22-2017, 05:50 AM
I'm honestly disappointed in Ubi. Playing the Open beta was fun and amazing, but the full title dropped the ball.

When I can honestly say Free games have better matchmaking and hotfixes compared to a AAA, high power publisher, something is very wrong. There's a lot of issues they should have hotfixed, like the PK bug or the Skirmish/Elimination issue. But no, they are waiting and barely issuing statements other than "We know it exists, and will eventually handle it". This is terrible PR, and while an Indie might be able to get away with not having decent, clear, and good patches, this is not an indie.

I can forgive release problems if they are fixing it, but they haven't fixed one of the "hotfix needed" type issues.

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 06:03 AM
We all seem to get it. But Ubisoft probably won't even acknowledge this anyway. And if they did, would they even respond? That's the real question this topic is posing.

And yeah, I agree about the game being perfect. Obviously it's going to have glitches, it's new. But Ubisoft is a leading company in the gaming industry. They have tons of popular and successful titles and include micro transactions. The game should be near perfect. They don't get paid to release undeveloped games. I don't give them money for them to release undeveloped games. Ubisoft has become a leader in screwing over the ******* consumer; disappointing our expectations, disrespecting our complaints, and basically stealing our money. For Honor perfectly shows how Ubisoft has just become another sellout company preying on the consumer's dollar rather than focusing on the basis of a solid video game.

cragar212
02-22-2017, 06:46 AM
Its 1 thing for a game to have issues upon release. Its another for most of your players getting dropped every second match. The game is borderline functional IMO.

Streamers already slamming this game hard. Having a popular streamer constantly dc and then give up to play something else is bad for business when 9,000 people are watching.

ButtR8peArtist
02-22-2017, 06:58 AM
console connectivity is extremely unreliable, and matchmaking is totally unbalanced..

I played both closed/open beta on PC, after convinced that the server quality in final release will probably be as garbage, then I went ahead and bought the PS4 version which turns out to be a nightmare still , boy, if I knew UBI's garbage quality is so consistent.

GayForShugoki
02-22-2017, 07:00 AM
Ubisoft doesn't care because it's a company and not a human. Lmao. I'm certain the employees care, though.

teksuo1
02-22-2017, 07:12 AM
They do , they have to.

I don't understand why they let so many bugs hang around for so long though ; some more game-breaking than others.

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 01:19 PM
They do , they have to.

I don't understand why they let so many bugs hang around for so long though ; some more game-breaking than others.

Exactly, it's their job to do that. They owe that to us.

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 01:36 PM
Does Ubisoft Actually Care?
Yes, but only about your money.

GayForShugoki
02-22-2017, 02:57 PM
They do , they have to.

They can't snap their fingers and issues vanish. Changing one single character in the code could cause ten other bugs to appear. One. Measly. Character. Stop hating on them because you're ignorant and privileged. Give them time to fix the errors properly and not whine that minor issues are still present. You think the entire world owes you something? You got your game, your $60 game, and it works fine. Perfectly fine.

The fact you're all acting like they're just letting the bugs and issues linger is a joke. They have addressed it and they will fix it in due time. The fact that people keep making hundreds of threads, calling them greedy, forcing chargebacks and an onslaught of other pathetic things is not helping. Can we also get our heads into gear and stop thinking that those that post on these forums are the developers? I can assure you that some of these people would have no idea how to even start programming a game. A boolean, an integer, they have no idea what either of those are, just like you.

Take a course in programming then come back and cry.

You're just whining for the sake of whining because something isn't perfect. Something hasn't been hand-crafted to suit you. I am sick of reading posts just like this. Ignorance makes me sick.

Powermolch
02-22-2017, 03:11 PM
They can't snap their fingers and issues vanish. Changing one single character in the code could cause ten other bugs to appear. One. Measly. Character. Stop hating on them because you're ignorant and privileged. Give them time to fix the errors properly and not whine that minor issues are still present. You think the entire world owes you something? You got your game, your $60 game, and it works fine. Perfectly fine.

I dont know why they have that many bugs in the release build in the first place. But ok, granted. What bothers me is there time of reaction. There were 2 little hotfixes yet, and still a lot of "major" problems are there. There are companies with an extremely smaller Dev team fixing their bugs a lot faster. Why known bugs from a beta get into a release buid is also a question. That isnt acceptable in the way they are doing this. Cause that 60 bucks game doesnt work perfectly fine as you describe. They should try to fix bugs faster, make more statements about known bugs and when they will fix them.

Ragnar---
02-22-2017, 03:11 PM
This is dumb. Of course they care about the game they created. Come on guys.

Meksikinietis
02-22-2017, 03:14 PM
If they care about the game they do something..

JeremiaszCZ
02-22-2017, 03:44 PM
when last time UBI actually care? dont even remember
if they would care, they would not apply insecure, not working P2P on AAA multiplayer game. sign they do not care about player but only about profit
if they would care, they would think about proper MM model
if they would care, they would actively speak with players and respond to their questions
they sold the game and closed this shop, focus on another project, noone cares if game will live 2 months or year

Tyler-Durdin
02-22-2017, 04:00 PM
Used to be a time in the past when games were released without need for patches or fixes because they were a finished product the golden age of gaming is long gone,enter the golden age of making companies mega bucks for unfinished untested game releases

TucuReborn
02-22-2017, 05:19 PM
Used to be a time in the past when games were released without need for patches or fixes because they were a finished product the golden age of gaming is long gone,enter the golden age of making companies mega bucks for unfinished untested game releases

In the past it was also a lot harder to patch a game. Internet was less common, and they weren't designed around it.

And to be honest, there's a lot of problems the further back you go.

NES Era, games were extremely simple. It was easy to find a gamebreaking bug in mario because there wasn't much to break.

Switch forward to N64, PS1, and even Gamecube and we get LOADS of problems. Have you even seen Super Mario 64, any sonic game from then, or even certain fighting games? Riddled with bugs and exploits. Speedrunning uses these, and even competitive scenes use them too.

The trade off a lot of times is complexity vs simplicity. A simple game will be easier to bugfix and balance due to the nature of it. A more complicated game has more parts that can go wrong, go unnoticed, and cause problems. These days we DEMAND complexity and depth, but ignore how difficult it can be to make a game perfectly balanced with a lot of complexity. It can take time to fix issues, and more complicated games take longer to text, then push out a fix. If someone published a game with the same state as older ones, they would indeed be called out on either the lack of depth or the bugs, depending on what era it resembled.

Granted, this game should not be in the state it is now for the time and cost associated with it, but do try and make an accurate comparison. If anything this is like ordering a car with a fancy engine and awesome tires, but getting one that's normal. You take it back to the dealer and tell them, and they promise to fix it at some point. They give no ETA and all but drop contact, and while the loaner car they gave you is nice, it's not what you bought. Meanwhile, other dealers not only get you what you order, but will fix mistakes quickly and be very vocal about how and when it will be fixed.

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 05:29 PM

The fact you're all acting like they're just letting the bugs and issues linger is a joke. They have addressed it and they will fix it in due time. The fact that people keep making hundreds of threads, calling them greedy, forcing chargebacks and an onslaught of other pathetic things is not helping. Can we also get our heads into gear and stop thinking that those that post on these forums are the developers? I can assure you that some of these people would have no idea how to even start programming a game. A boolean, an integer, they have no idea what either of those are, just like you.

You're just whining for the sake of whining because something isn't perfect. Something hasn't been hand-crafted to suit you. I am sick of reading posts just like this. Ignorance makes me sick.

As a consumer we all have the right to complain about this. I don't care how hard or easy it is to program a game. I care about getting my ******* money's worth.

SeanBaker9889
02-22-2017, 05:32 PM
This is dumb. Of course they care about the game they created. Come on guys.

It's not about the game, it's about our complaints and suggestions.

xXl Plan B lXx
02-22-2017, 05:34 PM
Where does one see the patch notes at?

Scoregasms2286
02-22-2017, 05:44 PM

Hi there o/, i've taken python and java and web based coding languages other than HTML5. Does this give me free roam to cry?

In every coding language i've taken, the first thing they teach is to test the code. What we have here with the release seems to be a code that was not tested, so many reported bugs (PK, guards, Guardbreaking, etc.) I will agree changing the code will have a negative effect usually, but we are complaining at how ****ty the released version is to what was prior tested. It feels like they took all of the alpha and beta testers reviews and critique and said **** it, lets do it this way cause we want. I think you are still missing the point here though with the complaints.

Ubisoft is a triple A game developer who has even addressed the known issues and bugs, yet has not taken any steps towards correcting them. They have the backing and knowledge capable of doing so, however, have hardly replied to the community and seems to release other updates not even talked about to the community.

We are voicing our concerns that is all. Is the game 100% broken? No. Does it need slight alterations? Yes. Its not like we are asking for a full re-write. The point of voicing concerns are to bring matters to the developers who could not test this with their small team. They require the feedback from the community to bring these matters to light.

Also wow....you gave an example of a true/false mechanic.....jaw dropping.

SoveRReignN
02-22-2017, 06:14 PM
After reading extensively through the forums, you can conclude that Ubisoft has released a completely underdeveloped game. Yes, the fighting mechanics are undoubtedly groundbreaking.. but that's it. Each character has their specific problems, console connectivity is extremely unreliable, and matchmaking is totally unbalanced. But yet with these issues, has Ubisoft actually promised any reform? Yes, the game has just been released so one would think that patches are yet to come. But with all these complaints on the forums, you'd think there would be some announcement to address these issues. Specific issues. Such as connectivity. I have perfectly functioning Internet access and always have. Going to the help center only directed me to a page which stated that it was MY connection. Nope, sorry, that's not the case at all. So my complaint, as a gamer and a consumer (who is regrettably questioning the true value of this game) is that Ubisoft needs to address these issues in a formal manner. The already addressed issues are not what's being talked about in the gaming community. This game could be great, but this is just mediocre and unsatisfying. And extremely rage inducing. And even so, this post isn't going to be noticed by Ubisoft or some random forum combing employee will "assure" us that everything will be alright. You have our money Ubisoft, we want some answers.

Seems to me like Ubisoft does the same thing over and over. Great marketing and middle finger after you buy the game. There is no reason for them not to be aware with connectivity issues. By all means there are tons of bugs and problems but connectivity should be solid...If you have a game like Gloria Victis that you can play and not get thrown out of the game and it's a mmo..How a 5 team dev team can manage that and Ubisoft can't...It's beyond me.

spawn10459
02-22-2017, 06:17 PM
let me simplify this for all of you..

Did you pay money for this game? If yes than they won and they don't give a ****.

SoveRReignN
02-22-2017, 06:21 PM

Clearly you have no clue what you're saying. This is not some small studio that can not afford to have things done in a timely matter...Look at developers of ARK, They are an ant compared to Ubisoft and yet they were dishing out content and updates like the world was ending.