PDA

View Full Version : How stupid was i to bring a character i do not usually play in dominion

Kahnjul
02-22-2017, 04:26 AM
I love this game, and do not think any class is "op" right now, but still...
Why does the matchmaking in 4v4 put me against players prestige 3/5/7 when i try to play with a new character, that i played a few times and have no stuff, and just a little experience of him ?
I just made 5 dominion in wich i played against lv 100+ stuff characters, this is insanely frustrating and stupid.
While i was making lower damages, recovering slower etc, the ennemy team had all bunch of advantages i hadn't on this character : so i had to compensate with skill. Skill i still not have, because it's a new character for me, while this is their main one !

So here are my options : play only with my main character to have fair fights, in wich i do not have the sensation that a nobuchi can kill me in 3 hits while i struggle to get her mid-life, or only play 1v1 - 2v2 (and it can become boring pretty quickly) until prestige 3.

Do not i have right to play any character in every mode without knowing that i'll be crushed like a puppy in a warhounds fight ?
I do OK to good games as a peacekeeper, because i trained with him, played a lot with him, practised, learned, and with the stuff on, i can feel the difference between a duel in dominion or in 1v1. But with a warden, i just avoir fights as much as possible : i learn nothing in 4v4 by being crushed in 2 hits by a revenge-based build from another warden, and i certainly won't play only duels until prestige 3.

Make a character-based matchmaking, please... !

slim147
02-22-2017, 04:45 AM
You pick your hero after you get in the game lobby how is it supposed to know what hero you're using if it's a lvl 5 or rep 2 ..it trys to put u up against players of similar skill so if you have two rep 1 hero's you players skill is two..you get 1 skill point for every time you rep any hero..at the top of the screen next to where it show's how much steel you have the far left there's a little star with a circle around it that's your player skill mine says 3 I have a rep 2 zerk and a rep 1 orochi highest rep I've played is a rep 4 so it trys to match you against players with a similar player skill

Fuzzybutts
02-22-2017, 05:04 AM
You pick your hero after you get in the game lobby how is it supposed to know what hero you're using if it's a lvl 5 or rep 2 ..it trys to put u up against players of similar skill so if you have two rep 1 hero's you players skill is two..you get 1 skill point for every time you rep any hero..at the top of the screen next to where it show's how much steel you have the far left there's a little star with a circle around it that's your player skill mine says 3 I have a rep 2 zerk and a rep 1 orochi highest rep I've played is a rep 4 so it trys to match you against players with a similar player skill

I've met Rep 4 Orochi who don't know how to counter guard breaks, complain Nobushi is the most OP thing on the planet like its ruining the game, and had zero clue what a parry even was.

Rep is just how often you get in a match and die super quickly until you get the experience for the gear you want.

Kahnjul
02-22-2017, 05:16 AM

This is precisely what i am complaining about...

Either you choose your character first (but this would be an issue for party composition, so it shouldn't be done)
Either you allow every character to access stuffs legitimately obtained by a 3rd prestige character once you get one at this level.

But do neither of this simply disallow anyone to play an unexperienced character in 4v4 modes, where a 3rd prestige stuff and a beginner are everything but in a fair match.

I like the concept of making a skill based game, but the whole gear thing is extremely poorly designed, as it gives more advantages to experienced characters and restrict more players who like to experiment.

I know the purprose is to give something to invest to players, but i am convinced there are other solutions than "if they want to play something else, just let them cry 60 level, then they'll make balanced matches"

I'm saying it again : the fact i'm being ruined because of my lack of skill do not disturb me at all, i'm learning a new character. But the fact that even at equal skill i'd still be disavantaged ? Hell no, what kind of fight game is this ?

tonycawley69
02-22-2017, 05:18 AM
Practice with characters against ai first?

When playing Street Fighter would you go online with a character you've never played as before? Or would you practice against the computer first?

Kahnjul
02-22-2017, 05:25 AM
Practice with characters against ai first?

When playing Street Fighter would you go online with a character you've never played as before? Or would you practice against the computer first?

ofc, i did practice, for hours...
Still, being beaten because of skill do not bother me, like i said, this is the fact that even if i could reach the skill of someone who spend all of his avaible playing time on one character with my 2nd char, i'd still be disavantaged a lot because of this gear stuff.

I lost several duels earlier, because i was practising (against AI and players), but dominions became insanely frustrating because i had the feeling that i had no right to play in there because i didn't level-up enough on this character in other game modes.