PDA

View Full Version : Until this matchmaking gets fixed, Elimination is a garbage mode.

LeonaBott
02-22-2017, 04:24 AM
Seriouesly, as a level 7 gear score 13 Raider, why the **** am I being matched against 4 prestiged out people with gear scores in the 40's and 50's?

I don't mind it too much in 1v1's or Dominion (In 1v1's, there are no gear stats and Dominion is about capturing and holding points, not killing the enemy players)

But Elimination/Skirmish modes are both ****ed because of this.

Sakkaros
02-22-2017, 04:26 AM
Seriouesly, as a level 7 gear score 13 Raider, why the **** am I being matched against 4 prestiged out people with gear scores in the 40's and 50's?

I don't mind it too much in 1v1's or Dominion (In 1v1's, there are no gear stats and Dominion is about capturing and holding points, not killing the enemy players)

It's not just that. It's also the way they oddly choose to pair certain teams up. Like, why are there 4 guys ranked lower than 15 with no real gear facing more than one repped out player on the other team? It makes no sense at all.

Remiiniisce
02-22-2017, 01:22 PM
It's not just that. It's also the way they oddly choose to pair certain teams up. Like, why are there 4 guys ranked lower than 15 with no real gear facing more than one repped out player on the other team? It makes no sense at all.

It actually makes perfect sense.. Matchmaking does not know what character you'll select. So if you have a r5 peacekeeper but chouse to use a character you've never played before then chances are your opponent will use their "main" r5 character then you'll see match up of r1 vs r5 and blame matchmaking.

Gnarxly
02-22-2017, 01:30 PM

Because level doesn't matter. You can be a prestige 5 and eb a complete noob loosing to lvl 10 players.

Raziel_85
02-22-2017, 01:34 PM
As already said: Level is only per hero as is equip. Imagine me switching from my main hero to a new one I have never played before and the system would match me against level 1 beginners. Matchmaking per hero level makes no sense. I imagine that the current matchmaking is based on internal player ranking (which seem to exist as you can already look up your other stats too like total K/D etc and ranked matches are already mentioned for future updates) as while I was matched sveral times against much higher level players, their skill was always on my level. Why do people always complain about things they didn't even think about themselves and then post on forums.

JeremiaszCZ
02-22-2017, 01:52 PM
It is obvious, that MM is broken (or doesn`t really exist at all) it is irrelevant if you speak about gear level or what, system does not match players with similar skills and everything but 1vs1 and 2vs2 shows it clearly, and sometimes even these 2 modes gives you something which is not fun to play, so I fully agree with author

Raziel_85
02-22-2017, 02:05 PM
And how does it "show clearly" when the only two values which this topic is based on are hero level and equip level. Both of which we know are not representative of player level? Don't forget the system matches players !before! you chose your hero!!!! That means matchmaking could not even take those into account even if they would have any meaning. If I am matched with you I can pick my prestige 1 hero or my level 1 character and depending on the one you pick, you would think that matchmaking sucks if it ends up with a prestige 5 vs my level 1 char.

Remiiniisce
02-22-2017, 02:11 PM
And how does it "show clearly" when the only two values which this topic is based on are hero level and equip level. Both of which we know are not representative of player level? Don't forget the system matches players !before! you chose your hero!!!! That means matchmaking could not even take those into account even if they would have any meaning. If I am matched with you I can pick my prestige 1 hero or my level 1 character and depending on the one you pick, you would think that matchmaking sucks if it ends up with a prestige 5 vs my level 1 char.

This guy understands completely.. You guys should really think long and hard about your silly complaints before posting to the forums...

Hackfraysn
02-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Because level doesn't matter. You can be a prestige 5 and eb a complete noob loosing to lvl 10 players.

Yeah, in Narnia maybe.

Revenge after 3 hits. Revenge before they die in an 1v1 when they're maxed out on gear. Gear totally doesn't matter, right?

Wake up and look at the vast majority of threads about matchmaking here and on reddit. If you still think your assumption is the norm, reality would really like to have a word with you.

Remiiniisce
02-22-2017, 02:53 PM
Yeah, in Narnia maybe.

Revenge after 3 hits. Revenge before they die in an 1v1 when they're maxed out on gear. Gear totally doesn't matter, right?

Wake up and look at the vast majority of threads about matchmaking here and on reddit. If you still think your assumption is the norm, reality would really like to have a word with you.

Umm what? His assumption is the norm or if it's not, it should be. A rep 5 could easily get rekt by a level 10 rep0. Only thing reputation shows you is how long you have used that character.

In your example of 1v1 and someone getting revenge astonishes you just leads me to believe you don't fully understand the game mechanics

Sirrkas
02-22-2017, 03:01 PM

That would mean, that I should have lost that match, where 3 of my team were level 10 and below and I just had a gearscore of 1, while all my opponents had prestige 1 and gearscore of 40+. But instead, we owned them and in 3 of the 4 rounds, we had not even one death.

Sparkly_
02-22-2017, 03:05 PM
The matchmaking is more than broken

You can t establish a correct matchmaking based only on the rank of the higher class that you have in your pool BECAUSE THEY ARE 12 CLASSES AVALAIBLE.... it s completely and obvioulsy stupid. AND YES THE GEAR SCORE gives a really strong advantage on your opponent and makes even more disastrous this ugly matchmaking (dominion and 4vs4 brawl).

You are not mastering each classes at the same level and if you are outgeared in addition ... it s even worst.

Anyway my opinion is, they don t give a s***, they just want meat faces meat, they choosed the easy way like the peer to peer model. Ubisoft has found the better way to support his cash shop to drain tons of money from frustated players. THEIR MATCHMAKING IS VOLUNTARY GARBAGE TO MILK MORE MONEY FROM CASH SHOP (unlocking all class perk with money for example).

Every single serious matchmaking is based on the character you are tagging with and even more if there is a gear score adding bonuses to your characer .... except in ubisoft cash shop world.

Welcolme in game industry

PS : i am not even talking about the obvious failure concerning revive speed maxed (1sec to revive a fallen team mates is really relevant), benny hill runner BECAUSE RUNNING DOESN T REQUIRE STAMINA IN UBISOFT WORLD, the poor game play of some classes like conqueror perma shield bash, etc etc etc

Remiiniisce
02-22-2017, 03:06 PM
People are so quick to cry on the forums when they should take that time and spend it in a custom match vs a bot that is giving them trouble.. turn damage off. Fight the bot untill you feel more comfortable about the match up then try your luck against players.

I can guarantee that every person that isnt reporting a bug, but complaining how they lost to <insert any character> deserved to lose due to your own inability to play the game.

Remiiniisce
02-22-2017, 03:10 PM
The matchmaking is more than broken

You can t establish a correct matchmaking based only on the rank of the higher class that you have in your pool BECAUSE THEY ARE 12 CLASSES AVALAIBLE.... it s completely and obvioulsy stupid. AND YES THE GEAR SCORE gives a really strong advantage on your opponent and makes even more disastrous this ugly matchmaking (dominion and 4vs4 brawl).

You are not mastering each classes at the same level and if you are outgeared in addition ... it s even worst.

Anyway my opinion is, they don t give a s***, they just want meat faces meat, they choosed the easy way like the peer to peer model. Ubisoft has found the better way to support his cash shop to drain tons of money from frustated players. THEIR MATCHMAKING IS VOLUNTARY GARBAGE TO MILK MORE MONEY FROM CASH SHOP (unlocking all class perk with money for example).

Every single matchmaking is based on the player you are tagging with and even more if there is a ****in gear score adding bonuses to your characer .... except in ubisoft cash shop world.

Welcolme in game industry

Okay, calm down, breathe, now go practice lol... Seriously though, match making doesn't know what character you are going to choose.. Why are you still bringing up the argument that gear score and reputation matter in match making? Just stop, you look like an idiot.

There's an internal score that we don't see which matches players up. It's going to look bad when you choose your main character r5 and your opponent wants to try a new character. It'll look like match making sucks but stop raging and think about it.

JeremiaszCZ
02-22-2017, 03:37 PM

you wrote Don't forget the system matches players !before! you chose your hero!!!! and that is exactly the point. there is no reason for it, chose what you want to play and than let system to find you relevant opponent. That should be first step to fix that
than you can do algorithm to judge your skill (winrate) based on your success rate against concrete class, Level or gear should be secondary
especially in 1v1 and 2v2 where all bonuses from upgrades are switched off MM should be extremely easier to develop. It is only about skill, some guys are better some worse, that is natural, some people even play that on keyboard so their position is significatntly worse against gamepad users, some misuse a lot some combos which makes them superior against average and weaker players, these should progress to higher tier faster so more skilled people would teach them that there are counters for example

Obdach01
02-22-2017, 04:00 PM
you wrote Don't forget the system matches players !before! you chose your hero!!!! and that is exactly the point. there is no reason for it, chose what you want to play and than let system to find you relevant opponent. That should be first step to fix that
than you can do algorithm to judge your skill (winrate) based on your success rate against concrete class, Level or gear should be secondary
especially in 1v1 and 2v2 where all bonuses from upgrades are switched off MM should be extremely easier to develop. It is only about skill, some guys are better some worse, that is natural, some people even play that on keyboard so their position is significatntly worse against gamepad users, some misuse a lot some combos which makes them superior against average and weaker players, these should progress to higher tier faster so more skilled people would teach them that there are counters for example

I get your point, which I can follow easily... but I also get his point, which I again can follow easily. Let's assume your system is brought in place with the next patch (or any later... not important) and today I decide to use my lvl3 prestiged toon (I am not a good player. I did not level that toon by being good, but by just participating. most of the time I was 3rd or even 4th of the team... someone has to be last, right?). but today, all who are logged in level their alts, out of which none is prestiged at all (i know, very unlikely, but let's say it happens for the sake of arguement). What happens now? 'Today you are not allowed to play the game. Either use a low level or go play something else'... is this the info the game will give me? How did you exactly think this through? I'm not saying you didn't, I am just asking to solve this and other problems which come with your solution.
And trust me, many low level toon will burn my prestiged toon, as my hand-eye coordination is simply bad due to old age. But I also burn a few very high level purple gear toons... simply because they are even worse than me. Gear score will just prolonge the inevidible. Before the blue stuff i went down to a better player in seconds, now thanks to one or two revenges in a minute... neverthless i went down.

JeremiaszCZ
02-22-2017, 04:24 PM
I get your point,.

I really dont think you did.
first of all - even in 1AM, when I do play mostly, there are 40K players online
thanks to crappy p2p model it takes cca 5-10 mins to find match (even 1vs1)
so most probably even due to p2p combined with also screwed MM it takes minutes and minutes to find the match (and often even will not find anything)

with the dedicated servers, it would be much easier to do real MM because distance doesn't matter anymore and you can merge all online players
winrate with concrete class must play prim in searching your opponent, everything else is secondary
bad MM so to be really clear here - you will get similar skills of you teammates and your oponent, not just matching average skill of whole group.
that deathmatch that second mode where 8 players play usually ends with brutal domination of one side and significant frustration of the second side. It is boring and definitely not attractive.

I am user, I paid for the game and I really want to play with players with similar skills, Honestly I do not care at all how UBI will do that, I am only interested in result and for game where i paid almost 100E for game + season pass I have some right to demand and not to be frustrated.

Obdach01
02-23-2017, 03:07 PM
I really dont think you did.
first of all - even in 1AM, when I do play mostly, there are 40K players online
thanks to crappy p2p model it takes cca 5-10 mins to find match (even 1vs1)
so most probably even due to p2p combined with also screwed MM it takes minutes and minutes to find the match (and often even will not find anything)

with the dedicated servers, it would be much easier to do real MM because distance doesn't matter anymore and you can merge all online players
winrate with concrete class must play prim in searching your opponent, everything else is secondary
bad MM so to be really clear here - you will get similar skills of you teammates and your oponent, not just matching average skill of whole group.
that deathmatch that second mode where 8 players play usually ends with brutal domination of one side and significant frustration of the second side. It is boring and definitely not attractive.

I am user, I paid for the game and I really want to play with players with similar skills, Honestly I do not care at all how UBI will do that, I am only interested in result and for game where i paid almost 100E for game + season pass I have some right to demand and not to be frustrated.

Mate, I am all for the dedicated servers. P2P is silly. I wasn't aiming at that. What I was aiming for is deciding on your toon BEFORE the matchmaking (I love that idea) and then being put against a team which has an equal prestige and GS level. Now this last point is my concerne and my post was directed at this, not the P2P or dedicated.

And now again, If I pick my prestiged toon and my buddy, who is a real pro at this (I seriously lack skill... lol) picks a brand new lvl1 toon, who is the better skilled player? who is he put against, and who am i put against? how does the game find out who the better player is? GS? Prestige? Games against AI? PvP? This is what I ment.

But I might have gone to a direction you didn't take... for that i am geniunly sorry.