PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts about off line campaigns, the enemy AI and death.

MK2aw
09-12-2004, 10:55 AM
The thread about the ME 262 got me thinking about the challenge the game presents in off line campaigns.

Although I hear complaints about the enemy AI, the game is still a whopping challenge. I play that If I die in the campaign I have to restart. The most I have survived is about 20 missions with about 19 kills.

Here are all the different ways I die:

Shot down by flak (common)
Collision with enemy plane (average occurrence)
Shot down by enemy bomber (uncommon)
Collision with ground while maneuvering (Uncommon)
Collision with friendly plane(uncommon)
Shot down by enemy fighter (rare)
Blown up by own ordnance (rare)

The game still presents an amazing challenge with realism dialed up (and I play with some things turned off, so I can even make it harder). AI or no AI, I started a similar thread in the past about what was the most kills ever before death occurred in an off line campaign and I remember 65 being the top number.

MK2aw

MK2aw
09-12-2004, 10:55 AM
The thread about the ME 262 got me thinking about the challenge the game presents in off line campaigns.

Although I hear complaints about the enemy AI, the game is still a whopping challenge. I play that If I die in the campaign I have to restart. The most I have survived is about 20 missions with about 19 kills.

Here are all the different ways I die:

Shot down by flak (common)
Collision with enemy plane (average occurrence)
Shot down by enemy bomber (uncommon)
Collision with ground while maneuvering (Uncommon)
Collision with friendly plane(uncommon)
Shot down by enemy fighter (rare)
Blown up by own ordnance (rare)

The game still presents an amazing challenge with realism dialed up (and I play with some things turned off, so I can even make it harder). AI or no AI, I started a similar thread in the past about what was the most kills ever before death occurred in an off line campaign and I remember 65 being the top number.

MK2aw

Heavy_Weather
09-12-2004, 11:15 AM
yep me too, was playing a P-39 campaign and made it to mission 14 when we were scrambled to intercept some incoming bandits and they turned out to be Romanian 109E7's, those little b|tches got me before i ever took off. so now i will restart and fly another campaign. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

"To fly a combat mission is not a trip under the moon. Every attack, every bombing is a dance with death."
- Serafima Amsova-Taranenko: Noggle, Ann (1994): A Dance with Death.

AlexDavies
09-12-2004, 11:29 AM
nasty, just before i took off in a p-40 some 190Ds shot the controls to bits, then i stalled, crashed and blew up. ouch.

http://www.jsutergraphix.com/portfolio%20art/P-47.jpg

Lt.Davis
09-12-2004, 11:38 AM
I'm not alone... lol

I'm also using the same setting, get kill then restart the whole campaign again.

My best score are 113 kills and end up by crash landing (badly shoot by La5, have broken wing cause my plane unstable.) I should boiled out but still in enemy area. I flew from '42 till 43.

I restart the game now and flying same year again, now i have 13 kills in 4th sortie. Hope can make it till end of war.

Goodluck for people flying this setting/style.

"Biar berputih tulang, jangan berputih mata"
Translated:
"Let the whites of your bones, but do not show the whites of your eyes"